Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Why we should root our hearts out for Mangini and Favre against Miami

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,276

    Why we should root our hearts out for Mangini and Favre against Miami

    The NFL is entertainment.

    Each season is like a movie, however the average person only gets to watch 75 of these.

    To quote SAR I "Are you entertained?" Yes, I am entertained, and I'm not going to go into this last game with a *****y attitude and say "I don't want to win because yada yada yada." SHUT UP WITH THE STUPID NEGATIVITY!

    Maybe you don't realize this, but the NFL only goes for 17 weeks (up to 20 depending on how you do), and there are 52 weeks in a year. That means that for 32 weeks we will have no football, we will have no Sunday escape. Have some fun damn it! Root for this team.

    Watch the Buffalo game and root four F*cking ass off for Buffalo. Watch the Jags game and root your F*cking ass off for the Jags.

    Who cares how we do in the playoffs, anything can happen. All I want is to be in the playoffs and have a chance.

    ROOT FOR THIS TEAM ON SUNDAY!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,091
    Dump

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,040
    Here here, I second the above!!!

    Go Jets!!!!

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    I haven't been entertained by them in a month... what games are you watching?

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    Dump
    Why do you say "dump" when you have a Buffalo Bills avatar? You obviously care and want the Jets to win the division and go into the playoffs.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,091
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanTX View Post
    Why do you say "dump" when you have a Buffalo Bills avatar? You obviously care and want the Jets to win the division and go into the playoffs.
    If you are angry at your children, do you stop feeding them?

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Of course we're all going to watch the game, but you're crazy if you think that the fans weren't let down by the coaching staff. People are upset more now than previous years because we actually had the perfect circumstances to do well this year, and Mangini squandered it all away. And it's not like he's showing any sort of progress or indication that this just won't happen again in the future.

    This team was built to win this season. Favre was a stop-gap one year fix and now we're left with the same question marks and now a new gaping question mark at Head coach.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    I haven't been entertained by them in a month... what games are you watching?
    Were you watching the games on Sunday?

    Did it feel like 3 hours of your life?

    No...I doubt it did. Time flies when you're having fun, admit that you were having fun when you watched the game.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    If you are angry at your children, do you stop feeding them?
    Uh-oh. Is that wrong?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    Were you watching the games on Sunday?

    Did it feel like 3 hours of your life?

    No...I doubt it did. Time flies when you're having fun, admit that you were having fun when you watched the game.
    Maybe that's how you perceived it. I personally was getting upset because that one was one of the worst coached games i've ever witnessed.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Maybe that's how you perceived it. I personally was getting upset because that one was one of the worst coached games i've ever witnessed.
    Oh...I'm not saying that I was not let down by the idiocy of our HC, not at all, he was an idiot.

    What I'm saying is that all the *****ing we are doing right now should be saved for when the season is over. And don't tell me it is right now because if we win, and either the Jags or the Bills win (no matter how improbable it may be) we are in the playoffs.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    If you are angry at your children, do you stop feeding them?
    LOL, you have a point

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    Time flies when you're having fun, admit that you were having fun when you watched the game.
    Maybe he didnt have the right snacks.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    Oh...I'm not saying that I was not let down by the idiocy of our HC, not at all, he was an idiot.

    What I'm saying is that all the *****ing we are doing right now should be saved for when the season is over. And don't tell me it is right now because if we win, and either the Jags or the Bills win (no matter how improbable it may be) we are in the playoffs.
    I can understand that. But I swear, I let myself believe in this team and was so proud of our team after Tennessee. And now we're nearing rock bottom here. All because one guy refuses to make adjustments.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,276
    btw...wow, I did not know I was not allowed to use the B word.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    I can understand that. But I swear, I let myself believe in this team and was so proud of our team after Tennessee. And now we're nearing rock bottom here. All because one guy refuses to make adjustments.
    True...but that does not mean to boo Brett when he comes out of the tunnel. I for one am going to cheer my heart out. On Sunday I am a Eric Mangini and Brett Favre and Jets fan. (I also am a Bills and Jags fan).

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Montville, NJ
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    Were you watching the games on Sunday?

    Did it feel like 3 hours of your life?

    No...I doubt it did. Time flies when you're having fun, admit that you were having fun when you watched the game.
    apparently what's fun for you isn't fun for me

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    The NFL is entertainment.

    Each season is like a movie, however the average person only gets to watch 75 of these.

    To quote SAR I "Are you entertained?" Yes, I am entertained, and I'm not going to go into this last game with a *****y attitude and say "I don't want to win because yada yada yada." SHUT UP WITH THE STUPID NEGATIVITY!

    Maybe you don't realize this, but the NFL only goes for 17 weeks (up to 20 depending on how you do), and there are 52 weeks in a year. That means that for 32 weeks we will have no football, we will have no Sunday escape. Have some fun damn it! Root for this team.

    Watch the Buffalo game and root four F*cking ass off for Buffalo. Watch the Jags game and root your F*cking ass off for the Jags.

    Who cares how we do in the playoffs, anything can happen. All I want is to be in the playoffs and have a chance.

    ROOT FOR THIS TEAM ON SUNDAY!
    no i wasn't entertained. this is bull**** all this team does is anger and let me down. your entertained with this ****ty football?

  19. #19
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,179
    I'm in!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Enemy Territory
    Posts
    6,518
    Just because I think Mangini is an incompetent, chicken-****... and less qualified than I am to coach this team... doesn't mean I won't be rooting for the ridiculous chance that the Jets win, the Jags win, the Bills win... and the Jets figure out how to win 3-4 more games...

    LOLZ

    Yeah, right.

    This team has made me physically ill this season. This team is NOT playing for Mangini, he has lost the team. Do you really think they deserve to go to the playoffs? Really? I honestly don't. It breaks my heart to say it, but I don't.

    The shock of Pennington bouncing us out of the playoffs may very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back... the catalyst for the owner of this franchise to trim the fat, cut the crap and find QUALIFIED football personalities that have been around for a while, and that can build us a winner, or at least a proud team that plays inspired, respectable football... finally.

    Somethings got to give, this team is a perennial joke.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us