Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Mangini for 3 more years!

Practice Squad

I want Mangini for 3 more years!

I think he has done a great job fitting all these new pieces together in such a short amount of time. Yes, we had our hearts ripped out. But, that is to be expected with a young coach who is learning the ropes. We had to know this when he was brought in. Three years is too short, especially when he gave us a taste of what he can do when his system is firing on all cylinders. I want the dominate 8-3 team back. I also want certain holes plugged. The ceiling is high with Mangini and when he gets more players that fit this system, the floor will be the playoffs. We will be calling for his head when he doesn't make the AFCC. Cowher is overrated. If he comes I'll be just as optimistic, but he isn't the magic bullet. We should have some patience with Mangini, I think he is going to build a powerhouse team here over the next few years.

Fire Sutton, get rid of Favre and Coles... but please KEEP MANGINI!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Mrs. Mangini?

All League
    he got the players this year to win and has pissed away an 8-3 record by losing to crappy teams down the stretch. and the reason is bad coaching and game planning

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The OP's name is very appropriate. Optimist indeed.

Damn... I hope you know what a 'mutiny' is...

Undrafted Free Agent

Agreed

The guy is a third year coach, give him time, if they suck next year, then you can look at a change, but, you can't change horses all the time just because the road gets bumpy. The guy may bring us to the playoffs for 2 of his three years, that is not bad.

All League
    The fundamental problem is that I honestly think I would be a better offensive coordinator in the league. All day, I doodle football plays for my team to use in intramural flag football. I know all the offensive plays in Madden. I seriously think, that if I were to magically become the Jets offensive coordinator for a day, I would put up AT LEAST the same number of points as Shotty Jr.

And that is a bad thing.

I don't mind Mangini staying as long as there is a SERIOUS upgrade at the coordinator positions.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    hey, at least he's staying true to himself. We have people with moniker's that extoll the virtues of Chad, Mangini, Herm, etc. and then they proceed to curse him out.

In an age where nothing is constant, its good to see JO staying the course.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    I know you are skeptical (in this circumstance) of on-the-job training. But, to be optimistic about the growth potential of Mangini is not "denying" his weak points. I think it's a valid point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    hey, at least he's staying true to himself. We have people with moniker's that extoll the virtues of Chad, Mangini, Herm, etc. and then they proceed to curse him out.

In an age where nothing is constant, its good to see JO staying the course.
    True.

Remember, outside of that fact that I think "The War Fish" sounds cool, there is a good reason I have never used a current players name as my interweb handle. Far too transient for my tastes.

If forced, I would probably choose something old anyway, like "AlToon88" or "O'Brian-to-Toon".....oer maybe "Ramsey Coulda Been......"

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    he got the players this year to win and has pissed away an 8-3 record by losing to crappy teams down the stretch. and the reason is bad coaching and game planning
    IMO, Favre is more the problem than Mangini. I agree that Mangini doesn't make in-game adjustments very well right now. But, his initial gameplan is flawless. Look how the team stomped on NE out of the gate. Then Belichick adjusted and Favre looked like a deer in the headlights for 2 quarters. That has been a major problem all year, we had an over the hill QB who joined the team extremely late. That Buf-Tenn stretch was a miracle. But it shows what Mangini could do if he got things shaped totally to his liking. We also don't have much depth in key areas, D-line and O-line, that has hurt down the stretch too. The lack of depth is also why I think Mangini choose not to blitz as much.

Come on guys. This absolutely was a heartbreaking season. But just look at that 8-3 team as a sign of things to come. Also, look at our position in the division. NE is washed up, they are old and have drafted poorly over the last few years. They have many more needs than we do. Miami has alot of catching up to do. Their coaching has been great(they had zero pressure), but Mangini will catch up and our talent base is way ahead. Buffalo sucks and they need a new coach. Why would you want to start over now?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    True.

Remember, outside of that fact that I think "The War Fish" sounds cool, there is a good reason I have never used a current players name as my interweb handle. Far too transient for my tastes.
    PLUS ONE.

There a tons of users here that need to update their usernames as a result

lamont_jordan_rules anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    PLUS ONE.

Or the 75 people with Vilma in their names.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    PLUS ONE.

Yup.

It's not just that for me, either. It's the fact I always wanted one name to use, not one-per-specific-interest-forum.

I'm Warfish. Here, and elsewhere. Not the ONLY Warfish on the net o'course, but that cannot be helped.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    I think he has done a great job fitting all these new pieces together in such a short amount of time. Yes, we had our hearts ripped out. But, that is to be expected with a young coach who is learning the ropes. We had to know this when he was brought in. Three years is too short, especially when he gave us a taste of what he can do when his system is firing on all cylinders. I want the dominate 8-3 team back. I also want certain holes plugged. The ceiling is high with Mangini and when he gets more players that fit this system, the floor will be the playoffs. We will be calling for his head when he doesn't make the AFCC. Cowher is overrated. If he comes I'll be just as optimistic, but he isn't the magic bullet. We should have some patience with Mangini, I think he is going to build a powerhouse team here over the next few years.

Fire Sutton, get rid of Favre and Coles... but please KEEP MANGINI!!!!!!!!!

+1 But I dont think this is Brett's fault I like him to much as a player. But Mangeni... well to many Questionable calls the one in buffalo for the 3rd down was to much.

All League
    And I want him in Australia coaching Austalian Rules Football

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic88 View Post
    [/B]
    +1 But I dont think this is Brett's fault I like him to much as a player. But Mangeni... well to many Questionable calls the one in buffalo for the 3rd down was to much.
    Had we gotten Favre earlier in the year, I think we would like the results. But I have to say, he lost me when he BADLY underthrew clowney on what would have been a sure TD against the PeeHawks.

Hall Of Fame
    It is amazing. Jets fans LOOOOOOOOVE mediocrity. Love it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Mrs. Mangini?
    RamRodRay's little brother?

Please tell me anything in the last 3 years, something on offense, something on defense, some masterful coaching manuever that indicates to me that an inexperienced head coach has gotten any better in the last 3 years.

Our offense and defense every year ranks in the middle of the league. He's very mediocre at best, evidenced by if we win on Sunday, he will have a .500 3 year coaching record. If we win...so if these players go out and fight like hell for their coach...ruin the Dolphin season on a cold afternoon in NJ...then I'll say we have a coach that might get somewhere. if they do another December stinker...why keep him?