Thread: the final 16H

the final 16H

will this Sunday be the last 16H forever or is someone taking it over for Randy?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I can't help ya as I've never been, but it reminds me that I had a question....

Does the 16H crew have a TV feed for the early games? If it does, I may very well have to hit it for the first time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I can't help ya as I've never been, but it reminds me that I had a question....

Does the 16H crew have a TV feed for the early games? If it does, I may very well have to hit it for the first time.
    Cant help ya, but it reminds me that I had a question....

when shopping for HDTV's is there any preference between Plasma (an emerging technology) and LCD ( three initials)?

Thanks

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

No TV but some nearby have them, possibly me. It would have to be a network game, though. Direct TV gets blocked by the towers on the Metromedia building across rte 3. Is the Ravens game on? There's always the ESPN tents as a last resort.

Not sure if it's the last ever. Randy has hinted as much, but I'm guessing it would depend on when a committment on PSLs is due. Once that becomes payable he'll no longer be able to bring his set-up crew to the games.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 12-23-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by seanymac View Post
    will this Sunday be the last 16H forever or is someone taking it over for Randy?
    It might very well be the last Troop 16H tailgate this Sunday.

It is not my call, but, I'm pretty sure R.L. is as tired & pissed off with the sad state of affairs when it comes to rallying behind this team as I am. Couple that with the lack of attendance at the games, folks forced to throw out season tickets because of the horrible economy & impending PSL's asking fans to buy into a losing product on the field?

I myself have had it with my intelligence being insulted time & time again with buffoon head coaches who refuse to take responsibility for their own shortcomings and mistakes. It's taking the low road to dump the blame on the players and say it's there fault we lost the game. Anybody with an idiots knowledge of this game witnessed the HUGE mistakes in the HC's playcalling this past Sunday.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, "Players Win Games, Coaches Lose Them."

And hey, we all mistakes and after all Eric is human, but please, man up Mangini & for once, take one for the team! Geez what part of being a character guy allows you to defer blame on to guys twice your size, half your age and with less experience in the NFL than you??? What kind of boss blames his employees for HIS job NOT being well done???

Again it's not my call, but I fear it may be too late to save this disappointing NY Jets season along with the Troop 16H tailgate parties from extinction.

</IMG>

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Anybody with an idiots knowledge of this game witnessed the HUGE mistakes in the HC's playcalling this past Sunday.
    Limo, none of the calls Mangini made were game-losers. even if it goes the other way, best case, they go for it on 4th and short and score a TD, they go for the 50 yard FG and hit it, what does that get ya?

10 points isn't winning many NFL games, especially on the road.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    It might very well be the last Troop 16H tailgate this Sunday.

It is not my call, but, I'm pretty sure R.L. is as tired & pissed off with the sad state of affairs when it comes to rallying behind this team as I am. Couple that with the lack of attendance at the games, folks forced to throw out season tickets because of the horrible economy & impending PSL's asking fans to buy into a losing product on the field?

I myself have had it with my intelligence being insulted time & time again with buffoon head coaches who refuse to take responsibility for their own shortcomings and mistakes. It's taking the low road to dump the blame on the players and say it's there fault we lost the game. Anybody with an idiots knowledge of this game witnessed the HUGE mistakes in the HC's playcalling this past Sunday.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, "Players Win Games, Coaches Lose Them."

And hey, we all mistakes and after all Eric is human, but please, man up Mangini & for once, take one for the team! Geez what part of being a character guy allows you to defer blame on to guys twice your size, half your age and with less experience in the NFL than you??? What kind of boss blames his employees for HIS job NOT being well done???

Again it's not my call, but I fear it may be too late to save this disappointing NY Jets season along with the Troop 16H tailgate parties from extinction.

</IMG>
    ================================================== ====

Well that was depressing.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Limo, none of the calls Mangini made were game-losers. even if it goes the other way, best case, they go for it on 4th and short and score a TD, they go for the 50 yard FG and hit it, what does that get ya?

OK, point well taken Bit and you are right, a 10-13 loss is no different than a 3-13 loss, it's still losing. What has me totally pissed off is that our HC took ZERO accountability for those "lost" seven points and threw the players under the bus instead.

It's revisionist Herman Edwards where it's "do as I say, not as I do" kind of mantra and that to me is unacceptable. We've been down "denial road" before so you tell me, when is "enough is enough" already???

Super*****/Prom Queen
    It gets ya momentum from your players instead of that "What the F**K Just Happened" look everyone had on the NY Jet sidelines in Seattle from the opening drive to the end of game whistle. I really, really, really, really hope that Mangini at least man's up to his players in private & apologizes to them for screwing up.

Maybe, just maybe they can pull out a win on Sunday despite the "home field advantage" being what amounts to a section full of Jet fans in the stadium boo'ing the head coaches every play call. How embarrassing is this going to be with the TV cameras panning the Meadowlands stands filled with Dolphin fans?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So you don't find going for it on 4th and two in the other teams chip shot FG range a bad decision? A chip shot FG that makes it a two score game?

Wow.

Just wow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Cant help ya, but it reminds me that I had a question....

when shopping for HDTV's is there any preference between Plasma (an emerging technology) and LCD ( three initials)?

Thanks

Next season, join me at 17H! We're going to skip the beer and so straight to the strippers! Strippers for everyone! And, for only $50, you can spend 15 minutes in the Party Bus filled with, you guessed it.....STRIPPERS!

The Jets won't give you a happy ending, but the Strippers will!

SAR I

All Pro

4 and 2 from their own 20??? ur kidding right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jumba the ESPN tents havent been there for 2 years..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    So you don't find going for it on 4th and two in the other teams chip shot FG range a bad decision? A chip shot FG that makes it a two score game?

Wow.

Just wow.