Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 INT's Vs 2 TD's... THat's the reason why Mangini doesn't have a job

12 INT's Vs 2 TD's... THat's the reason why Mangini doesn't have a job

No way any HC can overcome that. Favre essentially ruined our season, he's the real cancer here and the sooner he goes the better. I can't believe that Mangini gets canned but Woody and Tannenbaum still want this bum back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    No way any HC can overcome that. Favre essentially ruined our season, he's the real cancer here and the sooner he goes the better. I can't believe that Mangini gets canned but Woody and Tannenbaum still want this bum back.
    There's no denying that Favre played terrible down the stretch, but there were a lot of other problems with this team from the Denver game until now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Raiders.

Chiefs.

Buafflo #2.

Denver.

Seattle.

San Fran.

Miami #2

These games this year, all of which were poorly coached and the team underperformed it's talent, are why Mangini does not have a job today.

All League
    3 man pass rushes might have had somethin to do with it too.

Hall Of Fame
    Mangini did enough to justify his fate being sealed, but yeah, if Favre plays better we're likely AFCE champions and Mangini is here for another year. Hard to argue with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Favre played poorly down the stretch but the receivers were pure garbage as well. Take about 1/2 of the long pass ints he threw this year and put a half assed WR out there and they are probably receptions. Every week there are a half dozen plays were the QB hurls up a long pass and the WR makes the play whether the ball is over or under thrown (see Ted Ginn in double coverage yesterday on a Penny floater). Guys like Moss, TO, Andre Johnson catch Favre like passes multiple times a year and make their QB's look good.

Also our top WR (Coles) seems incapable of either going deep or running a slant (Traditionally Favres best route)

Was Favre bad down the stretch? Yes for sure, did he get even a shred of help from our WR's to bail him out at times? Pretty well never.

And as for the reason for the firing. For me his total inability to adapt of defense was his undoing, Mangini was a defensive guru and the defense got worse as the season went on and he had no clue had to fix it.

All Pro
    Why must you try to reduce this into something it's not. Obviously, Favre playing like crap is one reason we lost games, but it's not like we're going by some idiotic one reason rule here. Mangini was a failure coaching this passive defense, he would inexplicably abandon the run and make decisions that were very questionable. He regressed as a coach even when he got more talent on this roster. Simply put, he did not put his players into positions where they maximize their strengths.

Stop trying to oversimplify this. There's more than one reason why he had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Raiders.

Chiefs.

Buafflo #2.

Denver.

Seattle.

San Fran.

Miami #2

These games this year, all of which were poorly coached and the team underperformed it's talent, are why Mangini does not have a job today.

Yeah, Mangini was calling for throws into triple coverage time and time again, give me a ****ing break Fish! The guy killed so many drives with his numbskull throws there was very little chance for any continuity on offense, he basically ignored what the coaches called and did what ever he felt like doing. Then he complained about not getting special treatment, this guy is a cancer and the sooner he goes the better off we'll be. If he comes back the Jets will be a soap opera next year with all the attention being paid to him, I shudder to think what will happen next year with Favre learning a new offense and then scrapping it to do whatever the **** he thinks should be done. He's a cancer and I want him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Raiders.

Chiefs.

Buafflo #2.

Denver.

Seattle.

San Fran.

Miami #2

The first pats game was probably the worst coached game out of all of them!

I think Mangini actually did alright with Denver...it showed that the players weren't playing for him in that game though.

Favre, not Mangini cost us the game yesterday. One INT for a quick 7 for Miami and then another one that took at least 3 points, maybe 7 from us. That's 10 to 14 points right there... game over.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yeah, Mangini was calling for throws into triple coverage time and time again, give me a ****ing break Fish! The guy killed so many drives with his numbskull throws there was very little chance for any continuity on offense, he basically ignored what the coaches called and did what ever he felt like doing. Then he complained about not getting special treatment, this guy is a cancer and the sooner he goes the better off we'll be. If he comes back the Jets will be a soap opera next year with all the attention being paid to him, I shudder to think what will happen next year with Favre learning a new offense and then scrapping it to do whatever the **** he thinks should be done. He's a cancer and I want him gone.
    You seem to be under the impression I want Favre back.

You'd be wrong.

But while Favre's failure was one factor of Mangini's well-deserved demise, it was only one factor. Mangini deserved his due reward for his failure to do just about anything right this year, never really bringing out more form his team than expected, and often bringing our far, far less.

All League
    Farve has shown throughout his career that he can have terrible seasons but much more frequently he is capable of hall of fame seasons.

What has Mangini shown in his career?

All Pro
    Favre, not Mangini cost us the game yesterday. One INT for a quick 7 for Miami and then another one that took at least 3 points, maybe 7 from us. That's 10 to 14 points right there... game over.
    Why can't it be both? Who cares who was more to blame yesterday? The fact is that Mangini's poor coaching put us into that spot.

Trying to pass on 3rd and and short with dinky out plays didn't help either. Why can't we ever seem to get good coordinators? All we've had lately is Ted Cottrell, Paul Hacket, Schottenheimer, and conservative Sutton? Whats the best way to develop good coordinators? I'm sick of watching this same dink an dunk offense when we had freaking Brett Favre this year! The coaching so assisinine that these guys didn't know how to use their best players effectively and thus we fell apart. I think Favre would've been fine if we ran the ball more and weren't so freaking predictable ALL THE TIME.

That. You could see the disgust in Mangini's face everytime Favre made a terrible decision with his passes. The wind caused the first INT, I'll give him that, but the one to Merling and the second one to Goodman were totally on Brett.

All Pro
    Maybe the tendency of always coaching like we are playing 20 pts down has a lot to do with it too! We were down a field goal yesterday in the 3rd quarter yet we sit back in this freakn pass happy attack crap! Where the hell was our running game yesterday?? We do this kind of crap way too often, it wasn't just bad HC our OC & DC were absolutely horrible as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OASP102 View Post
    Trying to pass on 3rd and and short with dinky out plays didn't help either. Why can't we ever seem to get good coordinators? All we've had lately is Ted Cottrell, Paul Hacket, Schottenheimer, and conservative Sutton? Whats the best way to develop good coordinators? I'm sick of watching this same dink an dunk offense when we had freaking Brett Favre this year! The coaching so assisinine that these guys didn't know how to use their best players effectively and thus we fell apart. I think Favre would've been fine if we ran the ball more and weren't so freaking predictable ALL THE TIME.
    The coaching hasn't been great, but you can't criticize the dink and dunk. Calling a play for Favre to go deep would be handing the game to the other team on a silver platter.

All League
    When players walk off the field and say "we were expecting them to line up like that" -- or --- "that was a totally different team than we saw in week 1" ala Calvin Pace it means that coaching/preperation stunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Why can't it be both? Who cares who was more to blame yesterday? The fact is that Mangini's poor coaching put us into that spot.
    Becasue games come down to a few playshere and there, take away those numbskull plays and Mangini is not the culprit here. Favre is the one that I point to as the biggest culprit in this collapse. The guy was beyond horrible out there, we would've been better off with Clemens. At least KC would listen to his coaches and try to execute the plays, or take off running for his life. Favre played like he knew better than anyone and threw caution to the wind. How do you explain him making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and ****ing over. No wonder Mangini was not giving him any special treatment and called him out before the team, he deserved it, but what does he do? He starts fuming about the treatment and goes out there and cares less and less every time. He cost Eric his job no doubt about it, there was no amount of coaching that could rectify Favre's bad play, he is incorrigible and I don't want that kind of example around the young guys next year.

Coincidentally, now Kerry Rhodes who was invisible most of the year comes out and says that the Jets do not need a strong motivator that the team is a group of veterans and they know what needs to be done. When have we ever heard Kerry say something like that? Favre is a cancer, that's why Green Bay wanted no part of him last year, he will be a corrupting influence in NY. Our team will be a soap opera next year with the media instigating and Favre obliging. In order to move on he has to go.

All Pro
    Becasue games come down to a few playshere and there, take away those numbskull plays and Mangini is not the culprit here. Favre is the one that I point to as the biggest culprit in this collapse. The guy was beyond horrible out there, we would've been better off with Clemens. At least KC would listen to his coaches and try to execute the plays, or take off running for his life. Favre played like he knew better than anyone and threw caution to the wind. How do you explain him making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and ****ing over. No wonder Mangini was not giving him any special treatment and called him out before the team, he deserved it, but what does he do? He starts fuming about the treatment and goes out there and cares less and less every time. He cost Eric his job no doubt about it, there was no amount of coaching that could rectify Favre's bad play, he is incorrigible and I don't want that kind of example around the young guys next year.
    That statement is flat out wrong. Again, Favre is ONE reason the Jets struggled down the stretch. Eric Mangini cost Eric Mangini his own job. Stop looking at just the Miami game. The passive defensive playcalling against the Seahawks, 49ers, Raiders, 2nd bills game among others are what let teams in games. That's not just on Sutton, the coach is responsible to make changes if the gameplanning does not work.

Stop being so shortsighted.