Thread: Jetman55's first Mockdraf

All League

Jetman55's first Mockdraf

right now the jets have a few prseeing needs WR, CB, S, ILB, DE,QB
    - The jets as of right now are drafting at #17, im going to put 2 or 3 players at each round and with your comments and feedback im going to finish this first mock draft with your help.
    Round1.
    - The Jets are going to have a number of options here, depending on who falls and who is taken the JETS could be looking at thr following players:
    WR: Jeremy Maclin- Missouri
    WR: Darrius Heyward-Bey- Maryland
    DE: Everett Brown- Florida State
    RB: Knowshon Moreno- Georgia
    CB: Vontae Davis- Illinois
    S: William Moore-Missouri
    JETS PICK (17)- William Moore- The Jets need someone to pair with Rhodes. This pick would solidify our safety positions for years. Moore a physical beast, good not great speed but hits like a truck and is good in coverage. This pick alone will help the secondary greatly.
    Round 2: Some options the Jets could choose from:
    DE/LB: Larry English -Illinois (a bit early)
    WR: Hakeem Nicks -North Carolina
    OL: Herman Johnson- LSU
    CB: Victor Harris- VaTech
    WR:Juaquin Iglesias- Oklahoma
    JETS PICK (49)-WR:Juaquin Iglesias- Oklahoma- WR is a big need for our lack luster offense, If favre retires then were going to add another target and Iglesias is just the man. He to me was some what of an underachiever, all the skills, speed, and athleticism but just hasnt put it all together yet, lots of room to grow. Some would want Hakeem nicks at this spot, but i just dont think hes a better fit than iglesias.
    Round 3: some players that could be available.
    LB: Danell Elerbe-Georgia
    LB: Jasper Brinkley-South Carolina
    CB: Brandon Underwood-Cincinatti
    CB: Domonique Johnson- Jackson ST.
    WR: Mohammed Massaqoui-Georgia
    DT: Fili Moala Southern California
    JETS PICK (77)- CB: Domonique Johnson- Jackson ST. Hes a big Fast, and physical CB from a small time school, has all the tools so the Jets would be wise to give him a shot from a small time school.
    Round 4: Some players that could be available:
    RB: Kory Sheets- Purdue
    QB: Chase Daniel- Missouri
    QB: Rudy Carpenter- ASU
    DE: David Veikune- Hawaii
    RB: Arian Foster- Tennessee
    ILB: Josh Mauga- Nevada
    JETS PICK (117)-QB: Chase Daniel- Missouri- A Rough and tough QB. Hes small for a QB but je can b compared to Drew Brees. He has put up great numbers in college and should be given a dhot in the NFl. Best case scenario- Drew Brees, Worst case scenario- Kellen Clemens.
    Round 4: Some players that could be available:
    OG: Cedric Dockery-Texas
    DE: David Veikune- Hawaii
    RB: Kory Sheets- Purdue
    LB: Zack Follett- California
    ILB: Scott McKillop- Pittsburgh
    RB: Arian Foster- Tennessee
    JETS PICK (126)- Zack Follett
    Round 5: Here are some players that should be available:
    OG: Maurice Miller- Ole Miss
    OG: Roger Miller- Missouri Western St.
    OT: C.J Davis- Pittsburgh
    LB: Phillip Hunt- Houston
    DE: Clinton Mcdonal- Memphis
    JETS PICK (152)-OT: C.J Davis- Pittsburgh: He can be groomed by woody to eventualy takr over his spot. Hes a big physical run blocker that need s to improve his pass protection.
    ROUND6: JETS SELECT: ANTON SMITH RB: FLORIDA STATE
    ROUND7: JETS SELECT: ANTONIO DIXON DT: MIAMI

What do you think? Comments and Qurstions are more then welcome. If you feel the players i picked arent the right ones for the jets to pick and you thubk another player that i listed in a certain round is a better fit let me know.

Thanks, JetMan55

IMO drafting a CB and S is a bit much. I hope we draft one of the positions early and try to address the other position in free agency. Like signing Bryant McFadden or Dunta Robinson to play CB and drafting a Safety. And drafting a middle round QB to me is not needed. No need to add another project to the mix when we have 3 already. I would sooner sign a free agent vet to come in and compete with the young guys. That is assuming Favre retires. If Favre stays then we keep the same guys as last year. If we did draft a QB then I would want it done in the first 2 rounds. Like if Bradford declared and dropped to us in the first or if someone like Nate Davis was there in the second.

All League
    Think i would rather take DHB,need a playmaker so so bad.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I want Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Spikes or Alphonso Smith. Maclin showed the explosiveness tonite on the only punt return he touched 70 yards to the house.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtown123 View Post
    I want Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Spikes or Alphonso Smith. Maclin showed the explosiveness tonite on the only punt return he touched 70 yards to the house.
    I've read alot of mocks lately that have us takin Harvin. His playmakin skills matched with Leon would make this offense fun to watch..

Veteran
    1st round: Jeremy Maclin looked great tonight. I would love to take him. The idea of Harvin sounds good but I have a bad gut feeling about him...idk why. DHB is interesting; his production is low but he has all the physical skills. William Moore did not particularly impress me tonight but that's just one game. If Brandon Spikes comes out I would take a hard look at him for this pick.

2nd round: I would take Nicks over Iglesias I think.

3rd round: depends on what we do 1st round. Go LB or secondary...opposite of first round.

4th round: I don't know about Daniel. It's a 4th round pick but I think I'd rather try Curtis Painter or Drew Willy later on if we go QB. Zack Follett would be good.

Later rounds it's all about BPA really.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    1st round: Jeremy Maclin looked great tonight. I would love to take him. The idea of Harvin sounds good but I have a bad gut feeling about him...idk why. DHB is interesting; his production is low but he has all the physical skills. William Moore did not particularly impress me tonight but that's just one game. If Brandon Spikes comes out I would take a hard look at him for this pick.

3rd round: depends on what we do 1st round. Go LB or secondary...opposite of first round.

4th round: I don't know about Daniel. It's a 4th round pick but I think I'd rather try Curtis Painter or Drew Willy later on if we go QB. Zack Follett would be good.

There are some serious WR's ,Safeties, CB's in this draft. There are alot too!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post

I think the point you made about Drew Willy is a great one. i go to UB and have watched him for four years now and he has developed into an excellent and underrated QB. IMO he is completely pro ready and when he gets his chance he will shine. Ive only seen Painter a handful of times, but think he is also very good and would love to have him there too.

All Pro
    we need a BIG WR, big HB, OL Depth, DE, DL Depth, ILB, ILB depth, CB, CB Depth and then a #1 SS

All League
    i posted my Jets complete offseason on the main forum, go check it out and leave som comments

Waterboy

Hold on

I know we need some help at WR and DB but I think we would be better suited to get some more line help on both sides of the ball.
    More pressure creates better coverage (see Pittsburgh) more than better coverage creates more pressure (see Jets)

We need to get better, younger and faster in the pass rush and we need a younger, less injured version of Kris Jenkins in the middle. And last but not least a DC who is not a waste of a headset

Same thing applies to the other side of the football!!
    Last edited by FL JET 17; 12-31-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar

All League
    I think Moore may have fallen out of the first round.