Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pennington Vortex

All League

The Pennington Vortex

The 2008 Dolphins are the 2002 Jets....Chad Pennington, a forgotten, disregarded QB looks great, and combined with a good defense and good special teams make a fanbase think they have more than they really do....only for EVERY WEAKNESS of said QB be exposed by a Playoff caliber Defense.

The sad thing is that the fins fans will think that NEXT YEAR, with another training camps worth of time to "learn the offense" etc, Chad will "ONLY GET BETTER". Not realizing that this is all your going to get. He is what he is and there is NO UPSIDE.

Then he'll get injured.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The "PENNINGTON VORTEX". DOn't get sucked in....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Another Chad thread.

YAY!!

Rookie
    But Pennington wasn't a disregarded QB in 2002. The analogy would've made sense if Jeff George was the Jets QB in 02 or something.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    The 2008 Dolphins are the 2002 Jets....Chad Pennington, a forgotten, disregarded QB looks great, and combined with a good defense and good special teams make a fanbase think they have more than they really do....only for EVERY WEAKNESS of said QB be exposed by a Playoff caliber Defense.

The sad thing is that the fins fans will think that NEXT YEAR, with another training camps worth of time to "learn the offense" etc, Chad will "ONLY GET BETTER". Not realizing that this is all your going to get. He is what he is and there is NO UPSIDE.

Then he'll get injured.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Banned

Then he'll get injured.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Wow' lots of Chad hate today....understandable since he sent your beloved qb to the couch, Mangini to the Browns, division rival to the AFC east championship, and himself to the 2nd best player in the NFL

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Pennington View Post
    Wow' lots of Chad hate today....understandable since he sent your beloved qb to the couch, Mangini to the Browns, division rival to the AFC east championship, and himself to the 2nd best player in the NFL

Your super dreamy hero failed in a huge way today.. Have a good cry..

All League
    I don't hate Chad at all. I like him- just not on OUR team.

What you saw today is what you get. He is never quite good enough. I am glad we moved on.

All Pro
    LOL! Yes he definitely looked like the 2nd best player in the NFL today! ROFL!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You have to be insane to believe that.. BTW Farve is the only one that will send himself to the couch..And I hope he does..

All Pro
    The analogy works better with the 2006 Jets, which were a worst-to-first story similar to the Fish this year.

Penny pre-shoulder injury was a different QB. He put up 41 pts in the WC game that year. And the Jets were a good team in 2001 made dramatically better by Chad in 2002.

At this point in his career, he's 9-10 wins and a WC loss if healthy. Wasn't always so.

All League
    Dude, do you know me? DO you even read this MB? I one of the people her who DIDN'T go out and buy a Favre Jersey, and I've been KILLING Mangini for 2 seasons...

As for Pennington being the "Second best player in the NFL", I literally PITY you for being so ignorant of Football. He is what he is, the stable, smart, nice guy GAME-MANAGER QB he has always been, heck, the biggest difference between his play from '02 to this year is the fact that his arm strength is HALF what it was in '02.

Remember how after '02 WE ALL thought "Chad for MVP", and Chad for the Pro Bowl? Same thing this year., Same thing..

I got taken in as weel, its OK to let go. As a matter of fact, I watched todays game with my Old Man and another buddy who are both Dolphins fans, and pre game, all I heard was how GREAT Chad was, and how STUPID the Jets were to let him go, and I told them he would be EXPOSED in the playoffs...

After his OBLIGATORY Pick-6 and then his 4th INT, I even showed them how much of a MUG I had been,,,

I showed them my Framed Pennington Pic/Autograph as well as my Pennington McFarland Statue. Both of which were in a desk drawer..

As I said, we can all be sucked into the Pennington Vortex, the trick is knowing when to get out....

Let us know when YOU wake up...or just become a FIns fan

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    The analogy works better with the 2006 Jets, which were a worst-to-first story similar to the Fish this year.

Penny pre-shoulder injury was a different QB. He put up 41 pts in the WC game that year. And the Jets were a good team in 2001 made dramatically better by Chad in 2002.

At this point in his career, he's 9-10 wins and a WC loss if healthy. Wasn't always so.
    Jordan put up 14 of those points..

Next year he'll be the 2nd best guy named Chad on his own team.

So the top player list is:

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Chad Pennington
    3. Adrian Peterson
    4. Andre Johnson
    5. Everyone else on both NFC-AFC Probowl rosters?

Hilarious

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Jordan put up 14 of those points..
    You get the point. He played very well in a playoff game.

All Pro

Then he'll get injured.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yup, LMFAO

All League

Only an absolute moron, I mean a complete idiot...think if the dumbest person in the world and multiply it by 100...We are talking about someone with no idea about football or anything else for that matter...The kind of person who needs a map to get out of bed in the morning. The kind of person who couldn't even make out land or sea on that same map...Only that person would refer to Chad Pennington as the 2nd best player in the NFL...

Hall Of Fame
    Cmon today was just Chad Pennington vs Ed Reed and Reed won.

Reed is playing HOF caliber Safety.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    You get the point. He played very well in a playoff game.
    He did and so did Jordan..The Compiler on the other hand...

All Pro
    Dude, do you know me? DO you even read this MB?
    Doubtful.

He signed up for this board in September and called himself "CHAD PENNINGTON".

Do the math.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Cmon today was just Chad Pennington vs Ed Reed and Reed won.

Reed is playing HOF caliber Safety.
    True..

Just as this season was Chad versus the dregs of the NFL and Chad won..

You simply can't give him a pass today based on opponent if you don't grade his season on a curve based on facing a historically easy schedule...