Thread: Myron Rolle

Practice Squad

Myron Rolle

This guy's a junior and may not declare, but what do you guys think of him? I think he could be the best safety in the draft if he declares (graduated from FSU this year after only 2.5 years with a 4.0 GPA and Rhodes scholarship, but wants to study abroad at Oxford ). He has great instincts, elite coverage skills, and is always in position to make plays. Has anyone here scouted him in depth?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mrorange43 View Post
    This guy's a junior and may not declare, but what do you guys think of him? I think he could be the best safety in the draft if he declares (graduated from FSU this year after only 2.5 years with a 4.0 GPA and Rhodes scholarship, but wants to study abroad at Oxford ). He has great instincts, elite coverage skills, and is always in position to make plays. Has anyone here scouted him in depth?
    Considering he was the #1 HR recruit in the country, I think he's been a pretty good disappointment since going to FSU. I'm not seeing the same thing you are.

All Pro
    He has great measurables but I haven't seen enough FSU football to talk about him but Taylor Mays is a tough guy to beat in terms of recent safety production.

He is a very bright guy though and no matter what he does he is going to be successful....

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Considering he was the #1 HR recruit in the country, I think he's been a pretty good disappointment since going to FSU. I'm not seeing the same thing you are.
    He has been a bit of a disappointment, true, but his talent and smarts (both on the field and off) are truly remarkable. From the scouting reports I've read, he's at worst a 2nd rounder, and I think he's worth taking a look at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897xu...eature=related

All Pro
    He has been a bit of a disappointment, true, but his talent and smarts (both on the field and off) are truly remarkable. From the scouting reports I've read, he's at worst a 2nd rounder, and I think he's worth taking a look at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897xu...eature=related
    Agreed on the talent and smarts. But e's slow to read plays, ball skills are iffy...just not impressed. I haven't seen those scouting reports since most draft sites suck nowadays but he's a mid 2nd day guy right now, IMO.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Agreed on the talent and smarts. But e's slow to read plays, ball skills are iffy...just not impressed. I haven't seen those scouting reports since most draft sites suck nowadays but he's a mid 2nd day guy right now, IMO.
    Alright, thanks for the input GGI, I guess I'm back on the Mays bandwagon again.

All Pro
    Alright, thanks for the input GGI, I guess I'm back on the Mays bandwagon again.
    That's a good one to be on, my friend.

If you watch Delmas he's a kid you could fall in love with too. I think that kid would knock out his own mamma if she came over he middle on him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    underrated as a person

overrated as a player