Thread: Why we had to get Favre, the painfull truth

Undrafted Free Agent

Why we had to get Favre, the painfull truth

We could have won the division with Pennington as our quarterback. 11-5 and the Dolphins would have been lucky to be 8-8 without him. That would have set up us being the Dolphins this past Sunday playing the Ravens.

If Chad throws 4 interceptions in a playoff game for us the fans would have been screaming for Tanny's head for not trading for Favre. The posts would have been with Favre we could have went to the superbowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i've reread your post 3 times, and nowhere do i find the 'painfull' truth about why we got favre.

All Pro
    We had to get Favre because that means Chad goes. And thats a good thing.

Veteran
    I think about it this way:

If we kept Chad, we would be sitting right where we are right now, cursing the Jets fo not showing up against the Ravens and getting lit up in the first round of the playoffs again. Chad Pennington did this year what Chad Pennington does most years. He'll overachieve, not make many mistakes, win all the games he should, be a likeable guy, say all the right things to the media, then crash and burn in the first round of the playoffs.

This is what Miami wanted, this is what they got. The Dolphins will never win or go to a Superbowl with Chad Pennington as their QB, so this is pretty much his maximum year he will give this year. Face it, Chad's track record is be a likeable guy, go to the playoffs, lose in the first round.

I'm glad we got rid of him no matter which way you slice it. I want a Young QB that one day will hoist the Lombardi Trophy wearing NYJ green and white, not one that will make the playoffs 2/3 years and suffer a season ending injury every 3rd. I've had enough of that.

All League
    Favre was able to rid this organization of a lame duck QB and a lame duck coach.

That's the result and I'm happy he came here.

Hall Of Fame
    the Favre trade was a worthwhile gamble that worked great for 11 games. at the time, he was among the NFL leaders in touchdowns, completion %, passer rating, and points scored.

it all unraveled in the final 5 games, but guess what? so did the rest of the team.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickLyle IZ GOD View Post
    I think about it this way:

If we kept Chad, we would be sitting right where we are right now, cursing the Jets fo not showing up against the Ravens and getting lit up in the first round of the playoffs again. Chad Pennington did this year what Chad Pennington does most years. He'll overachieve, not make many mistakes, win all the games he should, be a likeable guy, say all the right things to the media, then crash and burn in the first round of the playoffs.

This is what Miami wanted, this is what they got. The Dolphins will never win or go to a Superbowl with Chad Pennington as their QB, so this is pretty much his maximum year he will give this year. Face it, Chad's track record is be a likeable guy, go to the playoffs, lose in the first round.

I'm glad we got rid of him no matter which way you slice it. I want a Young QB that one day will hoist the Lombardi Trophy wearing NYJ green and white, not one that will make the playoffs 2/3 years and suffer a season ending injury every 3rd. I've had enough of that.
    tis true, the pain of not making the playoffs is eased a bit when you watch the wildcard game and realize you had no chance getting to the next round.

All League
    what if the Jets were the Giants? Think about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    That would have set up us being the Dolphins this past Sunday playing the Ravens.
    what

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the Favre trade was a worthwhile gamble that worked great for 11 games. at the time, he was among the NFL leaders in touchdowns, completion %, passer rating, and points scored.

it all unraveled in the final 5 games, but guess what? so did the rest of the team.
    Quess what... Pennington's reconstucted shoulder would have failed him, too, if he had gotten hit as many times as Favre did.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    We could have won the division with Pennington as our quarterback. 11-5 and the Dolphins would have been lucky to be 8-8 without him. That would have set up us being the Dolphins this past Sunday playing the Ravens.

If Chad throws 4 interceptions in a playoff game for us the fans would have been screaming for Tanny's head for not trading for Favre. The posts would have been with Favre we could have went to the superbowl.
    Slept in high school english??????? Subject, who, what where????