Thread: What about Jason Garrett for head coach?

All League

Question What about Jason Garrett for head coach?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...es?eref=fromSI

A recent rumor suggests Dallas is starting to backpedal in regard to Jason Garrett being their future HC. It is said they would not be disappointed if he left.

What about Jason Garrett for a head coach? What does he bring to the table? Any thoughts?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's a brilliant football mind.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's a brilliant football mind.
    I haven't heard his name mentioned in ANY team's coaching search. I wonder why.

All Pro
    No thanks. While I think he will be a good HC one day. I dont think hes ready. Also im suspicious as to why Dallas has soured on him so quickly.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    No thanks. While I think he will be a good HC one day. I dont think hes ready. Also im suspicious as to why Dallas has soured on him so quickly.
    I was wondering about that myself. I'll bet there is an interesting story behind this.

All League
    Sounds like Brian Schottenheimer circa 2006-2007.

2006 Schottenheimer=2007 Garrett=Genius
    2007 Schottenheimer=2008 Garrett=Moron

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by newjakecity View Post
    Sounds like Brian Schottenheimer circa 2006-2007.

2006 Schottenheimer=2007 Garrett=Genius
    2007 Schottenheimer=2008 Garrett=Moron
    That's a good point. Perhaps he is taking the blame for the Cowboys choking.

Hall Of Fame
    Garrett is taking a lot of heat for the playcalling against the Eagles.

All League

Post Report: Lions interview Garrett

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...fl?eref=fromSI

There have been reports that Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett will interview with the Detroit Lions and reports that he will not. Well, he did. Garrett and the Lions met Monday in Detroit's latest quest to land a head coach to replace Rod Marinelli and snap the team's losing streak. Where they met, how long they met are uncertain. Detroit has done its best to conceal its head coaching search. And on that front, the Lions have succeeded. They also succeeded in another way. Detroit became the first team this offseason to interview Garrett, who was the hottest candidate last off-season. The Lions other candidates include Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, who is expected to interview a second time with the Lions, Dolphins assistant head coach Todd Bowles, and Redskins secondary coach Jerry Gray.

NFL.com

Hall Of Fame
    no thanks. this guy is being blamed for the Cowboys choking away, and his playcalling is supposedly one of the main reasons for the bickering between the WRs and Jason Witten/

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    no thanks. this guy is being blamed for the Cowboys choking away, and his playcalling is supposedly one of the main reasons for the bickering between the WRs and Jason Witten/
    In his defense you're talking about the biggest douchebag on the planet in TerrellOwens and I've never heard any promising stories surrounding Roy Williams' character.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    In his defense you're talking about the biggest douchebag on the planet in TerrellOwens and I've never heard any promising stories surrounding Roy Williams' character.
    true, but when you've got TO and Williams as your receivers, douchebags or not, you need to come up with a scheme that isn't centered on 6-yard passes to the TE.

true, but when you've got TO and Williams as your receivers, douchebags or not, you need to come up with a scheme that isn't centered on 6-yard passes to the TE.
    Good point...I don't know what happened with that team but talk about ultra talent not performing. Too bad for Garrett but his fault or not, I don't want to roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Garrett is taking a lot of heat for the playcalling against the Eagles.

I don't understand the interest in Garrett.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah the play calling had everything to do with the fact that Barber was hurt and the o-line was getting killed by the Eagles pass rush.

I wouldn't mind him as HC. I'd like him more than Shotty junior I think. As I've said before other than not wanting a few select candidates I'm not going to be too upset at our choice for head guy. The much more important thing for me will be who he chooses as coordinators.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, the guy who I would blame for a team of primadonnas who allowed to run the asylum in Dallas and their fall would be an asst coach.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-07-2009 at 01:56 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Good point...I don't know what happened with that team but talk about ultra talent not performing. Too bad for Garrett but his fault or not, I don't want to roll the dice.
    Wade Phillips, that's what happened... he's horrible...