Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Woody Is Clueless..

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    237

    Woody Is Clueless..

    This guy should be working at white castle as opposed to owning the jets..http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...23M&refer=home
    Last edited by bnmbh; 01-07-2009 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    You have knowledge of White Castle working responsibilities?

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    237
    LOL... I dont but i have been there and the food is great.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bnmbh View Post
    This guy should be working at white castle as opposed to owning the jets..http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...23M&refer=home
    I wish I was born with a silver spoon and can do whatever I want.

  5. #5
    So much jealousy here...

    You guys know that you can make it big on your own right? You don't just have to be born into it ala Woody.

    Instead of screwing around during high school maybe you should have been studying a little harder so you could get a free ride somewhere. And if you want to blame Woody for being born into it, go yell at your father.

    Freaking stupid because he's the owner and he isn't going anywhere.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    So much jealousy here...

    You guys know that you can make it big on your own right? You don't just have to be born into it ala Woody.

    Instead of screwing around during high school maybe you should have been studying a little harder so you could get a free ride somewhere. And if you want to blame Woody for being born into it, go yell at your father.

    Freaking stupid because he's the owner and he isn't going anywhere.
    HAAAA... just cause I made a comment about a silver spoon? I haven't even graduated college yet and i have a job locked up for 55k a yr with a nice signing bonus. I did work my ass off. I am just saying it would be great to be handed the world and a football franchise before having to work.
    Last edited by eric1520; 01-08-2009 at 12:49 AM.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Jealousy doesn't mean you ignore Johnson is a buffoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    So much jealousy here...

    You guys know that you can make it big on your own right? You don't just have to be born into it ala Woody.

    Instead of screwing around during high school maybe you should have been studying a little harder so you could get a free ride somewhere. And if you want to blame Woody for being born into it, go yell at your father.

    Freaking stupid because he's the owner and he isn't going anywhere.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by bnmbh View Post
    This guy should be working at white castle as opposed to owning the jets..http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...23M&refer=home
    He looks like the type who plays w/food. I wouldn't want to eat anything woody cooked.

  9. #9
    thank you for starting another original thread. of course, nothing in the article supports what you say, but, no really, post away. so at 8-3, where was your insight?

  10. #10
    I've been a Jet fan a long long time, and I would not describe Woody as clueless. For the first time in my life the owner of the Jets is making strides in pushing the team in the right direction to build a winning tradition. You want clueless ownership, go back to the Hess years. His only decent seasons were when he handed total control of operations to dick steinberg (being Jet GM killed him) and Parcells. Hess singlehandedly made the decision to fire Pete Carroll to replace him with Rich Kotite. He also fire Walt Michaels who built arguably the most talented Jet team ever after the Jets lost the AFC Championship in the mud bowl. Then Hess, the genius, replaced him with the inept Joe Walton.

    You have not seen clueless unless you lived through the Hess years. Woody opened the pocketbook and gave the HC real honest to God football players then sent a message after a collapse from 8-3 to 9-7 that the same old jets will not due. If the coach can not change the middling, mediocrotic, allergic to success culture the Jets have honed to a fine science, he'll change the coach. Woody is far from clueless. It cracks me up when people become enraged about the PSL's and believe every move Woody make is to sell PSL's. But it really does not matter, because winning football teams sell PSL's. From my vantage point Woody is doing what he believes is necessary to build a winner and while arguments can be made for or against some of his decisions, none of his decisions are clueless.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by oh well okay View Post
    thank you for starting another original thread. of course, nothing in the article supports what you say, but, no really, post away. so at 8-3, where was your insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aiy64nYyy23M&refer=home
    Oddly, the coaching change runs counter to what Johnson told me about his business philosophy.

    “Like any business, you have to have continuity,” he said.

    One-Year Experiment

    Perhaps that’s why Johnson says he wants Favre back, even though it’s time for something fresh. Favre was a worthwhile one-year experiment. One.

    Something tells me that Johnson, had he been a quarterback, would’ve struggled with making reads.

    When asked months ago whether football is recession-proof, he said, “It looks like it is.”

    That was before the NFL last month said it was cutting about 14 percent of its workforce, about 150 employees, because of the global economic slump. And that was before the Arizona Cardinals needed an extension from the league in order to sell out their first home playoff game in 61 years.

    Favre, and stop me if you’ve heard this before, says he hasn’t decided whether to return or retire.

    The Jets have one more season to make an impression on fans and sponsors before inhabiting their new stadium. They had better have something to offer. Either a winning team or hope for better days.

    Football and finance say it’s time for a change.
    This article is about Woody Johnson and his poor business/football decisions...
    Therefore, bnmbh says Woody is better suited for a White Castle. Which makes his comment ACTUALLY totally relevant to the article. Do you not understand or do you like to be cynical?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us