Thread: Bill Cowher is high on New York Jets head coach candidate Russ Grimm

Practice Squad

Bill Cowher is high on New York Jets head coach candidate Russ Grimm

How bout one big fat nail bitten middle finger for Bill Cowher!

All Pro
    of course he is. i could have told you that...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Let Grimm be a coordinator for Cowher as HC of the NYJ.

At this point, the Jets really need to hit a homerun with the HC and I'm just not sure they'll be able to.

Veteran
    Anyone get the feeling that Mike T and Woody are waiting for the fans to cry out for a candidate so they have an out if they pick a bad coach? I just hope we can take a step forward in our progression from Herm => Mangini => ?

All League
    **** BILL Cowher and his stupid TV show he can kiss my ass with his opinion.

Practice Squad
    You should have ended it at Bill Cowher is high. Would have been more interesting than anything he thinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    I just hope we can take a step forward in our progression from Herm => Mangini => ?
    Herm and Mangini managed to get us two 4-12 season in the past four years, in fact if we don't go 4-12 next year the new HC will have broken the alternating patter of a decent year followed by a 4-12 year.

Veteran
    Russ Grimm will be a good coach.. The Jets are just going to go with a defensive guy, most likely Ryan since Spags will probably go to Denver

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    In fact this just makes me NOT want to hire Russ Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BigRy923 View Post
    Russ Grimm will be a good coach.. The Jets are just going to go with a defensive guy, most likely Ryan since Spags will probably go to Denver
    Just want to state again that I would have no problem with Grimm as HC

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Just want to state again that I would have no problem with Grimm as HC
    +1. Grimm has a great pedigree and has worked and played for some of the finest organizations in the league. He strikes me as a guy that would bring a winning additude to the team.

Of coarse he would say that.......................

Rookie
    I think that Grimm would be a good coach. I think he is smart and tough. With that said my first choice would be Rob Ryan I think he is great coach. I know that everyone is high and Spags and maybe it is just me but i don't have a great feeling about him. We will see what happens....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    **** BILL COWHER

If he doesn't want the Jets Job, I could give two $hits less about his opinion

In fact this just makes me NOT want to hire Russ Grimm

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by maury420 View Post
    +1. Grimm has a great pedigree and has worked and played for some of the finest organizations in the league. He strikes me as a guy that would bring a winning additude to the team.
    Didn't we say the same about Mangini ?? DAMN !!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by maury420 View Post
    +1. Grimm has a great pedigree and has worked and played for some of the finest organizations in the league. He strikes me as a guy that would bring a winning attitude to the team.
    +1.

When it comes to judging talent - players and coaches - the consensus on this board has very often proven wrong (see Gholston/McFadden).

Russ Grimm would be a solid choice as head coach. A good balance of game smarts and motivation.

All League
    Spagnuolo, Ryan, Grimm?

Give me Grimm.

Nothing against the other two, but I would take Grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    +1.

When it comes to judging talent - players and coaches - the consensus on this board has very often proven wrong (see Gholston/McFadden).

Russ Grimm would be a solid choice as head coach. A good balance of game smarts and motivation.
    my gripe with grimm is gameplanning... -x's and o's- being he's never coordinated.

Word is he'll make a good head coach and I think he'd be great every day of the year like any dedicated coach worth their salt... but i'd still have that ? sundays. And that's the most important ?.

cause otherwise you can be great everywhere else and still have it all go for naught. because we need some one who surely knows what the **** he's doing -that's what the deal is here- gotta be able to recognize read and react -in game- sundays. A good coach. complete.

i'm wary for this reason.

If he's got it though.. God bless him. i'll trust that our search -being he's up against some damn good candidates- produced the best head coach for the jets -so if that were to happen we'd just have to hold all judgement and wait to see him respond in action for ourselves- being this would be his first go round, with no coordinating to judge on - makes it that much tougher to get a feel for him. We all as fans would be learning about him on the fly the moment the bullets start to. Up to that point though it will all just be the usual complimentary heresay.

Which is a Risky proposition if you ask me; but if he's got it -or convinces Mr.T so- over some very impressively qualified other candidates- then so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Perhaps Bill Cowher might communicate his recommendations to the Jets directly. Perhaps he might act like an adult and be flexible if there is nobody to pick up the phone on the first ring.

Alternatively he might get pissed, stomp his feet, throw a hissy fit and then leak his displeasure to the media. Sounds like a Cowher game plan!