Thread: Duke Robinson???

Duke Robinson???

Could we see him fall to the second round. Had a bad game last night. Cutting Brandon Moore saves 5 mill and change. I'm wondering if they could use that cash on a FA to fill either ILB, S or help get the big CB and grab a OG in the second. Usually great value for this position in the second. I love Herman Johnson too. Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Could we see him fall to the second round. Had a bad game last night. Cutting Brandon Moore saves 5 mill and change. I'm wondering if they could use that cash on a FA to fill either ILB, S or help get the big CB and grab a OG in the second. Usually great value for this position in the second. I love Herman Johnson too. Just a thought...
    Why would you want to cut the player who was probably our most consistent OL this season and replace him with an unproven rookie?

also from what ive heard from many people on the board moore will restructure his contract and it wont be that bad...do i know for sure what is going to happen, no.

Quote Originally Posted by jr17892 View Post
    Why would you want to cut the player who was probably our most consistent OL this season and replace him with an unproven rookie?
    Because he's 5 and a half million against the cap and give me a break with he's our most consistent O Lineman. I saw that quote too. He's not a 5 million dollar Guard.

if i remember right, there was a post last week that broke down the running games yard average per carry behind each lineman and moore had the most yards/carry behind him. hes a solid run blocker, albeit probably not worth 5 million, but like i said they will most likely restructure his contract and it will all be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    if i remember right, there was a post last week that broke down the running games yard average per carry behind each lineman and moore had the most yards/carry behind him. hes a solid run blocker, albeit probably not worth 5 million, but like i said they will most likely restructure his contract and it will all be ok.
    I will say I have a MAJOR problem with those type of stats. They just DO NOT work in the game of football. There are waaay too many invariable circumstances...down?...distance?...counter?....ma tch-up?...formation?...score?....etc...etc.

They were throwing these same type of stats (albeit as a negative) against Shaun Rogers last year...plays run to his side vs others...I mean they just don't work...same with an arguement we had about some posters saying Randall Gay was better than Asante Samuel because of some passes defended percentage stat. With all do respect, they really are just silly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Because he's 5 and a half million against the cap and give me a break with he's our most consistent O Lineman. I saw that quote too. He's not a 5 million dollar Guard.
    He'll be renegotiated.....perhaps that $5m will be turned into an option bonus....he'll pocket the $5m and it will be spread across the remaining four years of his contract. It would lower his cap hit for the next 2 years to around $2m or so.

I will say I have a MAJOR problem with those type of stats. They just DO NOT work in the game of football. There are waaay too many invariable circumstances...down?...distance?...counter?....ma tch-up?...formation?...score?....etc...etc.

They were throwing these same type of stats (albeit as a negative) against Shaun Rogers last year...plays run to his side vs others...I mean they just don't work...same with an arguement we had about some posters saying Randall Gay was better than Asante Samuel because of some passes defended percentage stat. With all do respect, they really are just silly.
    Makes sense never really though of it like that, but your prob right...I know moore did much better than any of us imagined though and would like to keep him around if/when he renegotiates his deal.