Thread: OT: Man vs. Wild

Banned

OT: Man vs. Wild

I used to watch this show at the end of college, then it got a little too "planned out" for me...it seemed he was just doing things for the WOW factor and not actually just trying to survive...but I keep hearing the ad for tonight's season premiere on WFAN and I plan on watching it, or at least DVRing it....anyone else in on this? Anyone else a fan? Anyone seen Survivorman?

Practice Squad
    Survivor Man is a better show. Bear stays in hotels, has shelters built by his crew and is supplied sandwiches. Shameful.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6911748.stm

JetsFan2012
    I like Survivorman a lot more. That guy just seems a lot more legit than Bear Grylls, mostly because he doesn't have a camera crew following him around. Grylls does idiotic things like jump off glaciers and eat rotting animals and other stuff that would get you killed out in the wilderness in under an hour.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by tavarua6285 View Post
    I used to watch this show at the end of college, then it got a little too "planned out" for me...it seemed he was just doing things for the WOW factor and not actually just trying to survive...but I keep hearing the ad for tonight's season premiere on WFAN and I plan on watching it, or at least DVRing it....anyone else in on this? Anyone else a fan? Anyone seen Survivorman?
    Those are two of my favorite shows. I like them both equally. Man vs Wild definitely has the wow factor, and the "planned out" side of the show doesn't bother me. I take it for what it is, entertainment. I mostly enjoy the crazy sh*t that he eats.

Survivorman I watch more as an educational show. There is no wow factor, but he clearly demonstrates real and practical survival tactics. If I were in any of Bear's situations, I would surely die within one hour. However, I could see myself being in Les's situations and somewhat getting by. Also, I love Les's dry sense of humor and the fact that he loves playing harmonica.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I like Survivorman a lot more. That guy just seems a lot more legit than Bear Grylls, mostly because he doesn't have a camera crew following him around. Grylls does idiotic things like jump off glaciers and eat rotting animals and other stuff that would get you killed out in the wilderness in under an hour.

all great points and I hadn't watched Survivorman until I was out in CA with my bro and he explained how wack Bear was, and my thoughts became reality. however, they are pumping this one up tonight, i think im gonna check it out

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    LOL that's hilarious, but it can't be real

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Les Stroud Ftw.

All Pro
    Why is the Mustang going backwards on a highway?

Banned
    hahahahhahaa o man

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Yeah, usually they're broken down.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Going in reverse..... to get next to the other car.

All Pro
    Yeah, usually they're broken down.

Not a far cry from the truth.

I like Bear for the entertainment factor. Survivorman is a little slow sometimes, and I'm not really watching to learn how to survive in the wild anyway.

Rookie

agreed Survivorman way better and more real then man vs wild. Just carrying around all that camera gear alone is a hassle.

Veteran

Man vs. wild is nuckin' futs!

My wife and I were watching yesterday and this guy pulled out a goat's heart from a carcass and took a bite out of it... raw. Almost a bad as the rhino beetle larvae!

All League
    If only the people from Blair Witch Project watched these damn shows!