Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "When Will Rex Ryan Be Hired?" thread (Merged x2)

Practice Squad

Official "When Will Rex Ryan Be Hired?" thread (Merged x2)

lets say the ravens go on to lose this game. it seems obvious that the jets want ryan but does he want the jets??? that said if they lose tonight shouldnt we be announcing ryan by mid week. what would be the point of waiting any longer

Banned
    I don't think anyone here can answer these questions dude. We don't make the decision... so we're all in the same boat as you, sit and wait.

We'll find out when it happens.

Veteran
    30 minutes of football is the wait. Word is that woody johnson is flying to heinz as we speak to steal Rex Ryan and hopefully Terrell Suggs to

Hall Of Fame
    If Pitt holds on, I guarantee that we all wake up to the hiring of Ryan tomorrow morning.

Banned
    We wait until he goes to the Chiefs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLXkJIol0QI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance View Post
    lets say the ravens go on to lose this game. it seems obvious that the jets want ryan but does he want the jets??? that said if they lose tonight shouldnt we be announcing ryan by mid week. what would be the point of waiting any longer
    What time does the game end? There's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance View Post
    If Ravens lose tonight, I'm confident it will happen within 24 hours.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    If Ravens lose tonight, I'm confident it will happen within 24 hours.
    I hope so. Then we can actually have an idea about the direction of the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Tuesday morning at the latest IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    I think the Jets silence in their Head Coach pursuit is very telling.

It makes me believe the Jets true choice of Head Coach CANNOT be pursued 100% due to league rules in regards to coaches still alive in the tournament.

From there, you are left to think about the two guys that the media has consistently mentioned as points of interest for the Jets. They are Rex Ryan and Russ Grimm.

I do not believe Steve Spagnuolo was considered to be a top candidate because if they had planned on hiring him they would have. Rather than go into this silence stretch............

Practice Squad
    I'll bet Woody & Tannenbaum have a Contract in place and will be on the phone with Rex Ryan's Agent after the game. Expect a done deal tomorrow. Ryan has to assemble a coaching staff ASAP. I hope Schotty stays so only the Defense would have to worry about a new playbook. Let's go "Rex and the City" Oh sh!t, Ravens just scored, dammit! 16-14 Steelers

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BXJETSBULLY View Post
    I'll bet Woody & Tannenbaum have a Contract in place and will be on the phone with Rex Ryan's Agent after the game. Expect a done deal tomorrow. Ryan has to assemble a coaching staff ASAP. I hope Schotty stays so only the Defense would have to worry about a new playbook. Let's go "Rex and the City" Oh sh!t, Ravens just scored, dammit! 16-14 Steelers

Lets Hope Rex Breaks The Hex, and The First To End The Curse..LOL

Banned
    What's with the love affair with Rex Ryan? You guys realize that there is a major difference between Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, and and Ed Reed vs the trio of Calvin Pace, David Harris, and Kerry Rhodes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSet24 View Post
    What's with the love affair with Rex Ryan? You guys realize that there is a major difference between Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, and and Ed Reed vs the trio of Calvin Pace, David Harris, and Kerry Rhodes.
    So you're saying He's not a good DC or a potential HC?
    are the players coaching themselves?
    Who do you think would be a good HC canidate for this team.
    Last edited by JI; 01-18-2009 at 10:03 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If Pitt holds on, I guarantee that we all wake up to the hiring of Ryan tomorrow morning.
    Not that soon, IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JI View Post
    So your saying He's not a good DC or a potential HC?
    are the players coaching themselves?
    Who do you think would be a good HC canidate for this team.

He's a good D coordinator, because he has good players. If he tried this all out blitzing crap against Tom Brady with our personnel he would get torn apart.

Eric Mangini isn't an idiot. There was a reason why he didn't blitz.. If your not going to get there, you are better with players dropping back..

As for a good HC candidate, I think the answer is Gruden. I was one of those who never wanted Eric to get fired. Didn't think the collapse was his fault.

What's the difference between Ryan and Mangini, other than the fact that Mangini has 3 years of head coaching experience? Both were successful DC's that had great talent at their disposal.

We know Gruden is a good coach... He would be a perfect fit in NY IMO..

He's a good D coordinator, because he has good players. If he tried this all out blitzing crap against Tom Brady with our personnel he would get torn apart.

Eric Mangini isn't an idiot. There was a reason why he didn't blitz.. If your not going to get there, you are better with players dropping back..

As for a good HC candidate, I think the answer is Gruden. I was one of those who never wanted Eric to get fired. Didn't think the collapse was his fault.

What's the difference between Ryan and Mangini, other than the fact that Mangini has 3 years of head coaching experience? Both were successful DC's that had great talent at their disposal.

We know Gruden is a good coach... He would be a perfect fit in NY IMO..
    So you wouldn't blitz an OL made up entirely of backups and 3rd stringers? Mangini lost his sack.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    So you wouldn't blitz an OL made up entirely of backups and 3rd stringers? Mangini lost his sack.
    Every time Mangini blitzed during the Seattle game the guys didn't get there, and it backfired on him...

All League
    I fully expect Ryan to be the HC by the time I wake up tomorrow.

All Pro

How could you call Mangini a successful DC? He was only a DC for 1 year under BB who runs the defense himself anyway. The 1 year he was the DC for the Pats they didn't win *hit with that great talent.