Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Thread (merged)

All Pro

PSL Thread (merged)

Caller to Francesa's show mentioned he had (paraphrasing) Level One Seniority..a season ticket holder since 1976 and thus the first group to get their choice of any seat.

He stated his PSL package came in the mail today.
    He has been in Section 320 but will now probably be moving his 3 seats to the $4000 PSL level.

Payments terms are in full or either:
    20% down...6 1/2% interest for 5 years
    20% down...8% interest over 15 years

No mention of when payment is due..

I know there are a number of "Old Timers" among the board members...

wondering if they can tell us how long they are given to make a decision/send payment.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I heard that caller too. My question is, if he so chooses, couldn't he move back and take the non-psl seats? or is that not an option for level1's? I've been curious about that

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    I heard that caller too. My question is, if he so chooses, couldn't he move back and take the non-psl seats? or is that not an option for level1's? I've been curious about that
    My assumption is he could certainly stay in the upper level if he chooses.

For whatever reason, this caller is moving down stairs...

I think he will be passing some people going in the opposite direction.

Charter JI Member
    seeing as though a current bond maturing in about 15 years is yielding around 3.60 I can see the logic in charging 8% to finance...no wonder that guy bid so much for those seats in that BS auction

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    Yes, I think people here will be surprised at how many people from the upper deck would prefer to move down.

All Pro
    i spoke with a representative this afternoon. They are sending out in senority batches. I have season tickets for 17 years and she said my packet would be mailed out late February. You fill out an application with desired seat locations and then you get a call back when your order is to be filled probably in the summer. 20% deposit due at time of sale and then you have the option of paying in full, 5 or 15 year payment plans due every November.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    i spoke with a representative this afternoon. They are sending out in senority batches. I have season tickets for 17 years and she said my packet would be mailed out late February. You fill out an application with desired seat locations and then you get a call back when your order is to be filled probably in the summer. 20% deposit due at time of sale and then you have the option of paying in full, 5 or 15 year payment plans due every November.
    15 Year payment plans to see the team we know and love. A mortgage from the Jets. Fans who have endured the last 40 years should qualify for some type of refund. Its going to be a really tough decision when crunchtime comes for me. College tuition,car payments,mortgage,property taxes,vacation,monthly utility bills,etc..............................

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    seeing as though a current bond maturing in about 15 years is yielding around 3.60 I can see the logic in charging 8% to finance...no wonder that guy bid so much for those seats in that BS auction
    You can see the logic? Sure from a management point of view. It's much better then Woody can get for his money in fixed investments today.

To me this is just additional fleecing of the fan. Charging 8% on a secured loan (I'm sure the PSL reverts back to the team if payments are not made) is an exorbitant interest rate for these times.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    You can see the logic? Sure from a management point of view. It's much better then Woody can get for his money in fixed investments today.

To me this is just additional fleecing of the fan. Charging 8% on a secured loan (I'm sure the PSL reverts back to the team if payments are not made) is an exorbitant interest rate for these times.
    I was being sarcastic, hence this ...

I think those rates are outrageous, the bond I quoted is 15 years old and has a 7 1/2% coupon on it, anyone think we will se an 8% long bond any time soon? Didn't think so.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Yes, I think people here will be surprised at how many people from the upper deck would prefer to move down.

We have 2 since '77, and there is ZERO chance we are going downstairs. Will look to stay same area, corner endzone, maybe just see if we got enough juice for the front row...

Two questions if people get the pkg - both assuming you go upstairs with no PSL

1. Can you pass on the tix to another person in your family without a PSL

2. Can you still park in the stadium lot without a PSL

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    I know there are a number of "Old Timers" among the board members...

wondering if they can tell us how long they are given to make a decision/send payment.
    Yup ,We got our pkg today. I didn,t read completly but i think 1st payment due in Feb. Dont know what we're doing yet with our 4 tix..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewdawg View Post
    We have 2 since '77, and there is ZERO chance we are going downstairs. Will look to stay same area, corner endzone, maybe just see if we got enough juice for the front row...

yea, until you find out about the 2 inches of plexi-glass right in your face. i had season tix 2 years ago in front row of 337, its like watching the game out of your car.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Two questions if people get the pkg - both assuming you go upstairs with no PSL

1. Can you pass on the tix to another person in your family without a PSL

2. Can you still park in the stadium lot without a PSL
    My understanding on the first question is that no, if you opt for the non-PSL upper deck seats you have no right to pass them on, transfer them or sell them. Not sure about the second Q.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    Yup ,We got our pkg today. I didn,t read completly but i think 1st payment due in Feb. Dont know what we're doing yet with our 4 tix..
    I wonder what kind of flexibility you have. For example, if you wanted to split your 4 seats into 2 upper deck (non PSL) seats and put 2 down in a great location could you do that?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    For those of you getting the packages already, can you explain exactly what choices you're being given? For example, is it only PSL levels, is it sections within a PSL level, is it rows or can you pick aisle seats, etc.?

Thanks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I was being sarcastic, hence this ...

I think those rates are outrageous, the bond I quoted is 15 years old and has a 7 1/2% coupon on it, anyone think we will se an 8% long bond any time soon? Didn't think so.
    Sorry I thought the sarcastic eyes were in reference to the auction bidder.

I find it particularly interesting that Woody made himself so available to all the sports radio stations yesterday for interviews the day the PSL bills started to go out. You never heard him any other time about any of the coaching changes or even when the stadium issues were in the forefront.

You just know he is obsessing over the PSL's.

Charter JI Member

I find it particularly interesting that Woody made himself so available to all the sports radio stations yesterday for interviews the day the PSL bills started to go out. You never heard him any other time about any of the coaching changes or even when the stadium issues were in the forefront.

Didn't it come out that the guy that laid out huge dollars in that auction was associated with the financing deal for the PSL's...the sarcastic eyes could work for him also

JetsInsider.com Legend

Great observation.

Spoke to the ticket office - they updated the website with a more specific layout of sections available and the price.

He answered my questions -

1. No transfer rights if you go upstairs - you die - you lose them.

2. Parking will be provided but may be limited and no guarantees for Non PSL. PSL will have reserve lot.

Some random observations from my chat

They were hawking Club seats like crazy - only $5K PSL for Mezz but $400 face ticket to have access to club.

They will not give out specific locations yet - Feb will be club; mid to late spring PSL; late spring-summer Non PSL. They will have virtual sitelines on the internet site in 2 weeks. You will eventually get choice of row/seat per section you choose.

Mezzanine will not have an overhang - will move back like an open bowl.

You can split seats if you want - 2 club; 4 non PSL

Payments wll be due 11/1 each year if you finance - credit cards preferred.

Woody loves you....