Thread: Dang that was a long drive...

Dang that was a long drive...

We drove straight from New Orleans to Miami yesterday, next year I'm flying. Had a great time this week at Mobile and I think I will do it every year now, also met a lot of NFL people, mostly all were very nice and courteous to me. My last night there I got to talk to coach Jags whom we interviewed, Michael Smith from ESPN introduced us, I also met coach Smith from Atlanta and talked to him for a while. The funniest guy I met was a scout from the Chiefs, very informative about the whole draft process too... Oh and he also thinks Herm is a joke, that whole staff does btw. The strangest thing I saw all week were two scouts sharing notes, one was a Chief and the other a Bronco and they were sitting chatting like they worked for the same team. Oh and Bill and Bill sitting together like old pals.

P.S- Hot rumor... Bill will leave Miami, take the money and run to NJ to be the Jets GM, I cannot reveal who told me this though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    We drove straight from New Orleans to Miami yesterday, next year I'm flying. Had a great time this week at Mobile and I think I will do it every year now, also met a lot of NFL people, mostly all were very nice and courteous to me. My last night there I got to talk to coach Jags whom we interviewed, Michael Smith from ESPN introduced us, I also met coach Smith from Atlanta and talked to him for a while. The funniest guy I met was a scout from the Chiefs, very informative about the whole draft process too... Oh and he also thinks Herm is a joke, that whole staff does btw. The strangest thing I saw all week were two scouts sharing notes, one was a Chief and the other a Bronco and they were sitting chatting like they worked for the same team. Oh and Bill and Bill sitting together like old pals.

P.S- Hot rumor... Bill will leave Miami, take the money and run to NJ to be the Jets GM, I cannot reveal who told me this though.
    WTF?

That is a rumor but it has some legs now, I got this from a Dolphin insider.

Of course you know how Bill loves to leak out rumors for his advantage... for now I take it with a grain of salt, but it must be very tempting to take the 14 mill and run to another team and a spanking new contract. I think Bill will have to balance money versus loyalty. They say he likes Miami, but something tells me that he feels like he didn't finish what he started in NY, he thinks highly of Rex Ryan and we all know how he feels about Tanny.

All Pro
    That is one hot rumor...hey they did put out a article about Parcells and how Rex reminded him of himself.

All Pro
    Hell, I'd love for him to come, but can he really get anything done this offseason? With our cap situation, we aren't going to be able to make any major moves. Do we bring him in basically just for the draft? I don't know how long he would even stay beyond this year.

Banned
    Scouts can talk like that because in the end the team really decides what happens to the guy. Scouts are still people in the end...they're gonna BS with each other and all the rest.

Must be a weird life. They have absolutely no power in anything, yet teams can't live without them.

Practice Squad
    I asked about this in Rich Cimini's chat last week and this is what he said:

I know it's been reported that Parcells will stay in Miami but he has been known to change his mind. I've read that he likes Ryan and obviously has a history with Tannenbaum. Any rumors about him coming back to the Jets in some capacity?

There is absolutely no chance he will come to the Jets. Write it down. The Jets' attitude: Been there, done that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg Superstar View Post
    I asked about this in Rich Cimini's chat last week and this is what he said:

I know it's been reported that Parcells will stay in Miami but he has been known to change his mind. I've read that he likes Ryan and obviously has a history with Tannenbaum. Any rumors about him coming back to the Jets in some capacity?

There is absolutely no chance he will come to the Jets. Write it down. The Jets' attitude: Been there, done that.
    I wouldnn't be to sure about Parcells not coming back. I rember a few years ago during an interview he was asked what was his biggest regret. He stated that it was leavng the Jets before the job was done.

Veteran

Thanks for all your updates. The day before Herm was fired it was reported on NFL radio that Herm was going to the Raiders to interview for the HC position. That would be the biggest joke of them all if he got it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think it's a bogus rumor. he keeps on saying he wants to stay in Miami...he might like Rex Ryan but if he liked him that much he could have hired him last year for the Dolphins but instead he chose Sporano...it makes no sense...it's more of a pipe dream than rumor.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase the Eagles Fan View Post
    I think it's a bogus rumor. he keeps on saying he wants to stay in Miami...he might like Rex Ryan but if he liked him that much he could have hired him last year for the Dolphins but instead he chose Sporano...it makes no sense...it's more of a pipe dream than rumor.
    Does it matter if it's true or not? As long as the Dolphins fans get upset over it, it good!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Lol...