Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My phone conversation with David Clowney...

My phone conversation with David Clowney...

One of my good friends antoine that i've known since childhood ran track with clowney at virginia tech and they've become really good friends. He actually brought him by my crib in jamaica, queens a couple years ago when he was on the packers but back then I really didn't know who he was apart from the fact that he was my friends boy. So anyway, we're hangin out last night talking football, having one too many drinks at my friends apartment ( in the midst of Giants fans) and i tell antoine " We're expecting big things from ya boy clowney next year u better let him know" his response was " I'm gonna call him u can let him know yourself" lol

So he calls him and this is about 1:30 am at this point, " Yooo, my boy wanna holla at u" and tosses me the phone. I'm wasted so first thing that comes out my mouth is " J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!" haha...but he was a real cool dude. we spoke about next year ( I told him he's got some loyal supporters amongst the fanbase) and he's expecting a breakout year himself i gave him props for that catch against the bills ( left handed) and the seperation he was getting when he played but the kid was real humble and gracious. I even brought up that play against the seahawks where he's running down the sideline with about 4 yards of seperation and brett under threw him about 8 yards and his response was " Man its cool I ain't trippin". It was good to see he keeps a leveled head he kept thankin me for being a fan and said he'd send some tickets through antoine for next year. I'm sure there's some better questions my drunk ass could've asked but i'm sure i'll speak to him again at some point. Next time i'll ask him about the ratliff/clemens situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenSackTeam View Post
    " Yooo, my boy wanna holla at u" and tosses me the phone.
    Why was Kobe calling you at 1:30 in the morning?

Veteran
    Are you actually sober now?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenSackTeam View Post
    One of my good friends antoine that i've known since childhood ran track with clowney at virginia tech and they've become really good friends. He actually brought him by my crib in jamaica, queens a couple years ago when he was on the packers but back then I really didn't know who he was apart from the fact that he was my friends boy. So anyway, we're hangin out last night talking football, having one too many drinks at my friends apartment ( in the midst of Giants fans) and i tell antoine " We're expecting big things from ya boy clowney next year u better let him know" his response was " I'm gonna call him u can let him know yourself" lol

So he calls him and this is about 1:30 am at this point, " Yooo, my boy wanna holla at u" and tosses me the phone. I'm wasted so first thing that comes out my mouth is " J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!" haha...but he was a real cool dude. we spoke about next year ( I told him he's got some loyal supporters amongst the fanbase) and he's expecting a breakout year himself i gave him props for that catch against the bills ( left handed) and the seperation he was getting when he played but the kid was real humble and gracious. I even brought up that play against the seahawks where he's running down the sideline with about 4 yards of seperation and brett under threw him about 8 yards and his response was " Man its cool I ain't trippin". It was good to see he keeps a leveled head he kept thankin me for being a fan and said he'd send some tickets through antoine for next year. I'm sure there's some better questions my drunk ass could've asked but i'm sure i'll speak to him again at some point. Next time i'll ask him about the ratliff/clemens situation.
    He would be one of the best people to ask on who he thinks is better. Probably has had a lot experience with Clemens and Ratty on the second team.

All Pro
    Glad he's a nice guy but the love for Clowney and Ratliff on this board is ridiculous.

Both guys will be out of the league in 3 years.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Glad he's a nice guy but the love for Clowney and Ratliff on this board is ridiculous.

Go away...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    LOL

Hall Of Fame
    I spoke to Scarlett Johanssen last night, and she STILL wants me after all these years.

Charter JI Member
    I liked your story.

All League

All Pro
    Hopefully the Jets will find a way to get him on the field next season. He is obviously a better receiver than Smith and Wright but the fact that he doesn't play on special teams hurts him.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    lmao

All League
    There's nothing not to love about Clowney. I see him being our Nate Washington.

All Pro
    I like that he's humble and gracious but he better be.. He has 1 catch in his NFL career.

How funny would it be if he was Hollywooding fans on the heels of a 20 yard reception against Buffalo... always showing the highlight to his boys... wearing a T-shirt that says "The Catch" on the front and "The only Catch" on the back etc.

I disagree, Clowney has Santana Moss type separation skills and runs good patterns and has good hands, those guys kinda tend to stick around.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I disagree, Clowney has Santana Moss type separation skills and runs good patterns and has good hands, those guys kinda tend to stick around.
    Yea, one catch per year should keep you firmly planted on a NFL roster for at least 10-12 years.

Hall Of Fame
    I spoke to Jesus last night he told me no way no how I was getting into heaven through him. I am now converting to Judaism see if I cant get the big guy on the phone.

All Pro
    This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Guy's been cut, was a free agent pick up and has 1 catch in his career.

Listen, sorry to be a downer, he has some tools, speed and decent hands but I don't see him catching more than 24 balls in a season during his career. You're right that he could "stick around" but it's premature to compare him to anybody who has ever caught more than 1 pass in the NFL.

JetsFan2012
    He had ONE CATCH. How do we know how good his hands are?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    He had ONE CATCH. How do we know how good his hands are?
    But on that one catch, his hands were impeccable.