Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Herm Edwards has found a new job...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725

    Herm Edwards has found a new job...

    with ESPN.


    Really who didnt see this one coming?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3869519

    Edwards joins ESPN's NFL teamComment Email Print ESPN.com
    Herm Edwards was well known for his soundbites while coaching the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets. Now he'll be taking his talking talents to ESPN.

    Edwards, recently fired as head coach of the Chiefs, is joining ESPN as a NFL studio analyst and will start in mid-February.

    "I'm excited about the opportunity to join the ESPN team and offer my insight as a former player and head coach. I'm going to be truthful with my opinions on all the issues that take place on and off the field of play," Edwards said in a statement.

    Edwards had been an NFL head coach for the past eight seasons, leading the Jets and Chiefs to four playoff appearances. In addition, he is one of only four NFL coaches to lead two teams to playoff berths in his first season with a new team.

    "Herm is well-liked and highly respected throughout the league, and his insights and opinions as a former coach will make a tremendous addition to our year-round NFL coverage," Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production said in a statement.

    Edwards, who also played 10 seasons in the NFL -- mostly for the Eagles, will appear on NFL Live, SportsCenter, ESPNEWS and other programs throughout the year. He also will contribute on ESPN Radio and other platforms.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,003

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,082
    wow, 8 seasons... doesnt seem like hes been a head coach that long

  4. #4
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Good for Herm, I wish him well. As comical as he soundclips were, I don't see him acting the goofball on set.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Good for Herm, I wish him well. As comical as he soundclips were, I don't see him acting the goofball on set.
    I think he will do great at ESPN.

    I always liked the guy but he was a god-awful HC.

  6. #6
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,323
    Mop bucket boy at a peep show?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    This would have potential to be entertaining if they allowed him the flexability to go off on a tangent every once in a while, but I think they're going to be far too serious with his role so it'll probably be awful.

    I still say all along that Herm Edwards would make for an excellent College Coach. He's got that rah-rah type persona that would bode well for recruiting and could win with a team when he has much more talent then his opponent. In other words, he's essentially Pete Carroll.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gateway to the Catskills
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Good for Herm, I wish him well. As comical as he soundclips were, I don't see him acting the goofball on set.
    It wasn't acting.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    ... good for him ... he is much better suited to a position like this ...

    ... i can see him winding up as a spokesman for the league itself one day ...



    l_j_r

  10. #10
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I always liked the guy but he was a god-awful Sunday HC.
    fixed...Herm had it all figured out, aside from gameday

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    LOL, this is going to be awesome. Can't wait for a rambling diatribe about fig newtons He is truly clueless about the game of football so I have no idea what they think he's going to bring to the table.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,618
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I think he will do great at ESPN.

    I always liked the guy but he was a god-awful HC.
    same way i feel about you...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    LOL, this is going to be awesome. Can't wait for a rambling diatribe about fig newtons He is truly clueless about the game of football so I have no idea what they think he's going to bring to the table.
    It's ESPN. Football knowledge is not a requirement.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,841
    No need to kick a man when he's down. There have been plenty worse coaches than Herm. Not too many people have coached 4 playoff teams.

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    459

    Cool kyle clifton 59

    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    This would have potential to be entertaining if they allowed him the flexability to go off on a tangent every once in a while, but I think they're going to be far too serious with his role so it'll probably be awful.

    I still say all along that Herm Edwards would make for an excellent College Coach. He's got that rah-rah type persona that would bode well for recruiting and could win with a team when he has much more talent then his opponent. In other words, he's essentially Pete Carroll.
    I COULD NOT AGREE MORE, HERM IS IDEAL FOR COLLEGE

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    It's ESPN. Football knowledge is not a requirement.
    You should apply.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,213
    Herm was made for TV. hope he stays there the rest of his life

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guido Monzino
    It's ESPN. Football knowledge is not a requirement.


    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You should apply.
    Why would he want to hang out with Pats* fans?

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,891
    That's herm's true calling the guy was always entertaining. Made me crack up everytime at the post game pressers

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You should apply.
    Bro, you can only win the Best In Irony Award once a week. Tone it down until Monday.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us