Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Did Holmes Only Get 1 Foot Down?

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    1,380

    Did Holmes Only Get 1 Foot Down?

    I couldn't care less who won the game but to me it looked like Holmes right foot tapped down on the bottom of his left foot as he was falling down. Take a look at the SI.com home page this morning for a look.

    Discuss....

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,645
    By that point I was rooting for the Cards, but I can't take that catch away from Holmes. It looked like he was coming straight down when the DB pushed him so even if his toe missed the turf, it could have been argued a push-out.

    Bottom line, it was a great pass, great catch, and PIT earned that one.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    I think he got both feet down but I was surprised they didn't have better footage.

    No cameras in the back of the EZ?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I think he got both feet down but I was surprised they didn't have better footage.

    No cameras in the back of the EZ?
    Agreed, NBC replays sucked. Other networks would have had clear and up-close shots.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    Both feet were down. One of the camera angles clearly confirmed it.

    Great throw, amazing catch...will go down as a Superbowl classic.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Agreed, NBC replays sucked. Other networks would have had clear and up-close shots.
    WTF with these mile high cameras to see if he's in or out? That play plus the pick six replays sucked.

    Maybe Harrison was down 1 foot before the GL...

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    WTF with these mile high cameras to see if
    Amen, NBC has really gone downhill in sports coverage over the past decade.
    When NBC gets the Olympics I watch the Canadian channel. ESPN would have
    shown a replay that would have been as clear as looking down at your own foot.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,442
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    By that point I was rooting for the Cards, but I can't take that catch away from Holmes. It looked like he was coming straight down when the DB pushed him so even if his toe missed the turf, it could have been argued a push-out.

    Bottom line, it was a great pass, great catch, and PIT earned that one.
    Push-out rule no longer exists.

  9. #9
    The NFL should use the same technology they use in tennis to determine if both feet are down etc...

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,645
    In fairness, NBC did get the exact angle needed to determine the Ben's non-TD in the first quarter. The angle was perfect. It took them a while to scroll it up but they got it.

    The Holmes catch was a bit harder to see. But again, I saw nothing to conclusively show me he didn't get both feet down.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    274
    No debate both feet were down ---- close thread

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,128
    I thought he did at first but one angle clearly showed he got both down.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    6,870
    I heard Holmes in an interview last night say that his feet never left the ground.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    I heard Holmes in an interview last night say that his feet never left the ground.
    now I do think it was a catch .. but what u expect holmes to say

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pepa View Post
    now I do think it was a catch .. but what u expect holmes to say
    I would expect him to say that if he went into the air that he got both feet down.

    Since EVERYONE is talking about him "getting his feet down", I would say it was rather noteworthy that he said his feet never left the ground.

    Sorry you disagree.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,979
    I don't think he got his right foot down.

    I think his white and yellow soled cleats created an optical illusion.

    Meanwhile the entire Ravens team was screaming from their couch he's not down again.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    1,380
    Granted this is a still but right foot doesn't look down to me.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    It looked good to me. I think it was too close to be overturned anyway.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    His right foot was definitely down. You can even see his right ankle twist as his toes are planted on the ground.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    WTF with these mile high cameras to see if he's in or out? That play plus the pick six replays sucked.

    Maybe Harrison was down 1 foot before the GL...
    Agree with how bad the replays were.

    I thought Pitt was offsides on the pick six and they stubbornly refused to show a replay that was right on the line of scrimmage.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us