Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ellis beng traded or released??

Veteran

ellis beng traded or released??

I dont know if this was posted already but this just caught my eye.

Shaun Ellis out of the Plans?
    Posted on February 19th, 2009 by TheJetFan24
    <!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 <![endif]-->There is speculation that Shaun Ellis might be out of the picture in New York’s future according to a Jets Confidential board.

“I… just heard on [WFAN 660AM], that there has been discussions that the Jets may be moving on without Shaun Ellis. They mentioned if they cut him that the team would save another 4.6 million and could bring a guy that would fit the system.”

Speculation, yes but nonetheless one can’t help but wonder.

With the recent cap issues more relief could be used despite their being a reported $18 million under the salary cap. Then there is management trying to “beef up” the roster. Point being is the ousting of Ellis would be shocking — and highly doubtful — and besides would New York actually give up one of it’s best players for cap space? Sounds to science fiction to me still, you can’t put anything past NFL teams these days.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not buying it, Ellis is one of the players that Rex Ryan has gone out of his way to praise in his Press Conferences. Doesn't sound like somebody on the way out to me.

All Pro
    Outside of the draft, there's no one to replace him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Outside of the draft, there's no one to replace him.
    Chris Canty.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I'm not buying it, Ellis is one of the players that Rex Ryan has gone out of his way to praise in his Press Conferences. Doesn't sound like somebody on the way out to me.
    I believe that Rex also did the same for Favre, right? Rex must have known that Favre wasn't coming back BEFORE he signed on to coach the Jets? I think that releasing Ellis wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. To me he has become complacent, and his game has gone stale. Seeing as Rex wants our defense to be more aggressive, Ellis' style of play, as well as his motivation, might not be a good fit into those plans. I'm not saying that Ellis isn't a good DE, he just might not be the fit that Rex wants in HIS defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    I dont know if this was posted already but this just caught my eye.

Shaun Ellis out of the Plans?
    Posted on February 19th, 2009 by TheJetFan24
    <!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 <![endif]-->There is speculation that Shaun Ellis might be out of the picture in New York’s future according to a Jets Confidential board.

“I… just heard on [WFAN 660AM], that there has been discussions that the Jets may be moving on without Shaun Ellis. They mentioned if they cut him that the team would save another 4.6 million and could bring a guy that would fit the system.”

Speculation, yes but nonetheless one can’t help but wonder.

With the recent cap issues more relief could be used despite their being a reported $18 million under the salary cap. Then there is management trying to “beef up” the roster. Point being is the ousting of Ellis would be shocking — and highly doubtful — and besides would New York actually give up one of it’s best players for cap space? Sounds to science fiction to me still, you can’t put anything past NFL teams these days.
    wait, wait, wait...

this is a rumor based on what some doosh on another message board "heard on WFAN," correct?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Chris Canty.
    + 1

Or Albert Haynesworth...

Veteran
    Bad bad bad move

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    wait, wait, wait...

this is a rumor based on what some doosh on another message board "heard on WFAN," correct?
    You have 8 pages on the Kitna trade that that was complete BS..This board doesn't care about facts they just like jumping to conclusions..

Hall Of Fame
    I'm gonna start a rumor that Rob Schneider hires illegal immigrants to wash his back while he showers.

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He hasn't been terrible enough to cut, but he's not good enough to do a whole lot. Our pass rush has been bad for a long time and he's part of the problem. He's stale and mediocre. I've never understood
    the kudos he gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    + 1

Or Albert Haynesworth...
    Wow. Talk bout MASSIVE upgrade. Please everyone sheesh. Just let me dream a moment.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You have 8 pages on the Kitna trade that that was complete BS..This board doesn't care about facts they just like jumping to conclusions..
    touche.

do we even have confirmation that Favre retired?

All Pro
    Here we go again overrating our talent. Ellis is GOOD thats it. When Jenkins got hurt our Dline could generate ZERO PRESSURE! Ellis is OK but he's not better than average, I'm sorry but that's the truth. Granted these moves hurt depth but some of these guys are running on contracts that are paying them more than they are worth. Sean Ellis has NEVER had as good of games as Chris Canty, I'm not saying go get Canty, I'm just saying again that our front line outside of Jenkins in mediocre at best.

Kenyon Coleman is a waste of our roster space!

Banned
    Big Al's comin' to town!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    Big Al's comin' to town!
    LOL, don't even tease RV. (and a no homo for the immature)

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Chris Canty.

Chris Canty and his 3 sacks??? Yeah that really solves our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Here we go again overrating our talent. Ellis is GOOD thats it. When Jenkins got hurt our Dline could generate ZERO PRESSURE! Ellis is OK but he's not better than average, I'm sorry but that's the truth. Granted these moves hurt depth but some of these guys are running on contracts that are paying them more than they are worth. Sean Ellis has NEVER had as good of games as Chris Canty, I'm not saying go get Canty, I'm just saying again that our front line outside of Jenkins in mediocre at best.

Kenyon Coleman is a waste of our roster space!
    Are you kidding me???? How is Canty better than Ellis? He has 10 career sacks!?! Ellis had 8 this year! And yea in Ryan's scheme Ellis will be used to rush the passer more than sitting back taking blocks. Ryan already is saying how he looks forward to working with Ellis, he needs a guy that can get after the QB. Canty can't.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Chris Canty and his 3 sacks??? Yeah that really solves our problems.
    n00b. Pass rush =/ sacks.

He's also 6'7, over 300 pounds, and with experience and success in two different kinds of 3-4s...on top of whatever other fronts the Cowboys show...and he'll be all of 27.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Are you kidding me???? How is Canty better than Ellis? He has 10 career sacks!?! Ellis had 8 this year! And yea in Ryan's scheme Ellis will be used to rush the passer more than sitting back taking blocks. Ryan already is saying how he looks forward to working with Ellis, he needs a guy that can get after the QB. Canty can't.
    Canty can. Can't he?