Thread: Can Beanie Wells be our pick at 17?

Veteran

Can Beanie Wells be our pick at 17?

Rex Ryan has preached that we are going to be a team that is gonna pound the ball with a tough running game. Wells is a big back who can pound it and can move. Thomas Jones did just lead the AFC in rushing but it seems to be smarter to get your replacement the year before your starter goes bad rather than the year after. I could see us taking him, or say Donald Brown in the second. I'd actually like to see us go all offense on the first day. If Rex is a mastermind we can wait till the later rounds to get guys in here. We are getting any starters in this years draft on defense anyway but we can get guys to help us out on our offense which is going to struggle with an unproven qb.

I think Wells should be considered but I would wait and take a RB in the mid to late rounds. I think there are some really good backs to be had later. A guy like Arian Foster from Tennesse or James Davis from Clemson could be good value. I would prefer Knowshon to Wells.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfaneh View Post
    I think Wells should be considered but I would wait and take a RB in the mid to late rounds. I think there are some really good backs to be had later. A guy like Arian Foster from Tennesse or James Davis from Clemson could be good value. I would prefer Knowshon to Wells.
    I would also prefer Moreno I just think Wells fits the bill a little better

All Pro
    The jets will draft a Rb in the later rds. jmo.... They still need to draft a WR, DE, CB and a Blocking TE. If the jets sign a FA TE then they will probably draft a Rb w/their 4th rd. pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Can we? Sure.

Don't have much interest in Wells though....if I'm going to take a RB without breakaway speed I'd rather wait 2 rounds on Shonn Greene.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MainManMickens24 View Post
    I would also prefer Moreno I just think Wells fits the bill a little better
    Bingo. Exactly the way I feel about it.

As long as we get Barden anywhere from Rd 2-4.