Thread: LaMont Jordan reaches agreement with Denver

Veteran

LaMont Jordan reaches agreement with Denver

Per PFT:

JORDAN HEADS BACK TO THE AFC WEST
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 12:14 p.m.

Running back LaMont Jordan has ping-ponged between the AFC East and the AFC West in his eight-year career.

Drafted by the Jets, he signed with the Raiders after his rookie contract expired. Cut by the Raiders, he headed to the Patriots.

And now that his contract with New England has expired, Jordan has signed up with the Broncos, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com.

The connection is obvious. New Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator in New England, during Jordan’s only season there.

The Broncos also have signed running back Correll Buckhalter, and might not be done in the backfield.

Hall Of Fame
    If I was a runningback, I'd want to play for Denver too.

Hard to believe Jordan is already 30 years old though.

Hall Of Fame
    I wish Lamont well In Denver. That's a pretty crafty, skilled offensive line they have in Denver, it should be interesting to see of Jordan's numbers spike.

I still wish we had grabbed him though. He would have been a nice compliment to Jones and Leon........

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I wish Lamont well In Denver. That's a pretty crafty, skilled offensive line they have in Denver, it should be interesting to see of Jordan's numbers spike.

I still wish we had grabbed him though. He would have been a nice compliment to Jones and Leon........
    The reason Jordan left us originally was that he wanted to be a starter. I highly doubt Jordan would have re-signed with us given the fact that we have TJ as our starter and a young Leon on the verge of stardom. He would be relegated to 3rd downs most-likely, and we wouldn't be able to utilize his type of bruising, running-style the way we should. In Denver, he has some familiarity with McDaniels and he;ll be running behind a zone-blocking line. IMO, Denver was an "ideal" landing spot for Jordan.

All League
    Wow I can't believe Jordan is already 30...this guy look like he was ready to be a star when he was backing up Martin, then he made the worst choice of his career and sign w/OAK... I was mad that the Jets didn't resign him to take over for Martin but in the end it worked out, he only had like 1 really good season in OAK then he got injured and fell of the map

Veteran
    Yeah, Jordan did look good coming out of Maryland. He was the "bruiser" that complimented Martin, who NEVER took the big hit! It was tough to fill that role when Jordan left for Oakland, but he wanted the BIG payday, and he got what he was looking for. I believe that the deal was like 5 years $25 million or so? Can't blame him, hindsight IS 20-20.

Veteran
    I have always liked Jordan's passion and intensity. I never could blame him for leaving us for Oakland because he would have been 2nd fiddle to Martin here. I wish i the best in Denver.

Hall Of Fame
    Jordan should thrive in Denver if he can stay healthy. It will be interesting to see if mediocre running backs excel in Denver now that Shanahan is gone.

Veteran
    ... you can't truly use what happens in lunatic asylum oakland as a legit barometer for any player ...

... agree that denver is the perfect fit for him ...

l_j_r