Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Thigpen

Tyler Thigpen

whats the deal with him since the cheifs got cassel? i like this guy a lot, he produced decent numbers in first year starting, no o-line, decent targets (not nearly as good as jets), and barely a running game...i would give up kellen clemens and a pick for him and have him and ratliff battle it out and whoever wins start, other is backup and wed have 2 good young qbs

Hall Of Fame
    why would the Chiefs trade him?

Veteran
    I dont get it

people want all these other teams young QB's who happened to be good because THEY WERE GIVEN A CHANCE

why can people just give our young guys a shot to prove their worth... seriously, enough of this already...

If KC can give an effing CCU QB a chance we can give an Oregon and Utah QB a chance...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    I dont get it

people want all these other teams young QB's who happened to be good because THEY WERE GIVEN A CHANCE

why can people just give our young guys a shot to prove their worth... seriously, enough of this already...

If KC can give an effing CCU QB a chance we can give an Oregon and Utah QB a chance...
    There are alot of Jet fans that just love to complain.. Bit gave Clemens just the Cowboy game to know he sucked..Also in 07 wins didn't count nor 4th quarter comebacks..Chads stats were the only thing that mattered to prove KC didn't have it..There are times I almost would love to see Clemens or anyone of our young QB's go to another team and play lights out.. Of course then the resident know it alls that killed them would say I always knew he was good..

I dont get it

well i mean they gave him a "chance" because i believe croyle got hurt once again and damon huard is like starting brett favre with a blindfold on... and he wound up proving himself very nicely

clemens had a chance and did nothing with it, ratty hasnt been given a chance yet but if hes also like a thigpen (high risk bc not sure if can handle the pros/high reward because could be a steal), so if he pans out to suck, rex will look like an idiot and well be swamped with "fire rex" and "kill ratliff" posts

it was just a suggestion because i think thigpens got something special and id rather have him and an unknown ratliff than have clemens who we know isnt as good as thought and an unkown ratliff

Thigpen/Ratliff > Clemens/Ratliff

Hall Of Fame
    Thigpen's got some nice upside, I'd love to get him for a 4th rounder or so and add him to the competition. I wouldn't hand him anything though.

Needless to say, it doesn't sound like Thigpen is available, so this is probably wishful thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    There are alot of Jet fans that just love to complain.. Bit gave Clemens just the Cowboy game to know he sucked..Also in 07 wins didn't count nor 4th quarter comebacks..Chads stats were the only thing that mattered to prove KC didn't have it..There are times I almost would love to see Clemens or anyone of our young QB's go to another team and play lights out.. Of course then the resident know it alls that killed them would say I always knew he was good..
    why would anyone care if a QB plays well in the 4th quarter?

and WINS matter? since when???

you're losing it, old-timer

All League
    I dont get it

awesome analysis rookie!!!!!

Banned
    I'd love to get Thigpen but he's probably not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Also in 07 wins didn't count nor 4th quarter comebacks..
    It's pretty sad if all you have to hang your hat on with Clemens is a 3-5 record and a couple of 4th qtr comebacks against prevent defenses. If you looked deeper and were honest with yourself, you'd see a QB that was inaccurate, had trouble spotting open WR's and had poor pocket presence.
    The difference between Clemens first 8 starts and Thigpen's first 11 starts is not and day. Thigpen showed poise, improvement and made plays. Clemens showed nothing!

All League
    I dont get it

+1

I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    dude YOU GET IT when are you going to realize that many on this site....DON'T LOL I mean he wants Thigpen without even thinking of giving our guys a shot.

I dont get it

All League

Question

What is the litmus test that determined that Cassel is Scott Mitchell Part ll while Thigpen is annointed as the QB you guys would love on the Jets?
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 03-04-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    It's pretty sad if all you have to hang your hat on with Clemens is a 3-5 record and a couple of 4th qtr comebacks against prevent defenses. If you looked deeper and were honest with yourself, you'd see a QB that was inaccurate, had trouble spotting open WR's and had poor pocket presence.
    The difference between Clemens first 8 starts and Thigpen's first 11 starts is not and day. Thigpen showed poise, improvement and made plays. Clemens showed nothing!
    Clemens threw twice as many picks as tds and 2 of his 3 wins were against the 1-15 Dolphins and 4-12 Chiefs (who were starting the putrid John Beck and Brodie croyle respectively). Every excuse was made for Clemens in the book. Chad handed Clemens his ass in last year's TC - to the point that the FO jumped at Favre the first chance they had. I really don't see why so many Jets fans are so in love with this guy.

Hopefully Rat wins the job in August.

I'm sure you meant night and day...

Why bring Thigpen in when he has no knowledge of our offense... He'd be at a severe disadvantage.

Also, they ran A TOTALLY DIFFERENT OFFENSE...

We're not going to run the Shotgun Spread style he was 'decent' in...

He ran a college offense for an NFL team. He did okay. Since he did 'okay' they replaced him with someone who can run a typical NFL offense.

Know why he succeeded (somewhat) before you praise the player. He doesn't fit here, end of story.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    dude YOU GET IT when are you going to realize that many on this site....DON'T LOL I mean he wants Thigpen without even thinking of giving our guys a shot.
    Not that the Jets are getting Thigpen but how is trading for him or any other QB not giving our guys a shot? Unlike Favre, Thigpen doesn't make $13 mil a year and have HOF credentials. He would compete with Rat/Clemens/Ainge just like any other player.

I respect you because you're ex-infantry but you're jumping to conclusions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I do know this, if 7 or 8 games defined what a player was you could take quite a few players out of the HOF..BTW In Todds first games in 76 he looked really bad throwing and had 3 tds 12 picks and a QB rating of 33..

Rookie
    I dont get it

nail on the head.

i like thigpen too but even if we were going to bring in another QB which i don't think is neccessary, it wouldn't make sense to bring in a QB that really doesn't add any more experience than Kellen already has. would only make sense to bring in a vet as insurance

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    YOU GUYS??? LOL you think every Jets fan shares his views? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    What is the litmus test that determined that Cassel is Scott Mitchell Part ll while Thigpen is annointed as the QB you guys would love on the Jets?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm sure you meant night and day...

Why bring Thigpen in when he has no knowledge of our offense... He'd be at a severe disadvantage.

Also, they ran A TOTALLY DIFFERENT OFFENSE...

We're not going to run the Shotgun Spread style he was 'decent' in...

He ran a college offense for an NFL team. He did okay. Since he did 'okay' they replaced him with someone who can run a typical NFL offense.

Know why he succeeded (somewhat) before you praise the player. He doesn't fit here, end of story.
    I'm sure the 6 months between now and next season Thigpen wouldn't be able to learn a playbook.