Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simms to Denver?

All Pro

Simms to Denver?

Reported by NFL Network..

I guess it's insurance, but with that rumor of trading Cutler...who knows.

I still believe Cutler will be their QB, but why wouldn't Simms pick a better place for QB, unless Denver told him he could be the starter?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think there's a chance Cutler may be out of Denver, if not this season, next for sure.

All Pro
    Things are starting to get interesting in Denver.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
    What do you think? A 1st and a 2nd?

Problem is, if they want to trade him, why give up the farm? Send them one of the young guys and a 1st this year (or next?).

You think Denver's going to "break up" with Cutler or vise versa?

All Pro
    I probably wouldn't give up the farm for Cutler. While I'd love him on the team, I am not willing to part with so much.

As for who would break up with who, I'm going to say that Denver is going to be the one to cut him loose, without Cutler causing too much of a ruckus.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I probably wouldn't give up the farm for Cutler. While I'd love him on the team, I am not willing to part with so much.

As for who would break up with who, I'm going to say that Denver is going to be the one to cut him loose, without Cutler causing too much of a ruckus.
    i don't think they want him there right now, and they don't know what to do with him.

As a person, I couldn't deal with Cutler...

He's just an arrogant, whiny little 'girl'

Hell of a football player though...

He'd break up with Denver before they cut ties with him. He's not a happy camper with everything that went down regarding regime change.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    As a person, I couldn't deal with Cutler...

He's just an arrogant, whiny little 'girl'

Hell of a football player though...

He'd break up with Denver before they cut ties with him. He's not a happy camper with everything that went down regarding regime change.
    Who do you think is worse, Rivers or Cutler? I think Rivers is a bigger jerk, personally. Cutler is tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who do you think is worse, Rivers or Cutler? I think Rivers is a bigger jerk, personally. Cutler is tolerable.
    Rivers helped me win $750 in a fantasy league this past season...

I'll keep hush hush for now

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Rivers helped me win $750 in a fantasy league this past season...

I'll keep hush hush for now
    Ha!

Hush money!

Ha!

Hush money!

Exactlyyyyyyyy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Yeah, the team is imploding. What an awful start for McDaniels. And all their FA's are old garbage.

I think there's a chance Cutler may be out of Denver, if not this season, next for sure.

Well, you have to believe Shanahan will be back in the league next season so whatever team he joins will automatically become the hot potential landing spot for Cutler next off season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jr17892 View Post
    Well, you have to believe Shanahan will be back in the league next season so whatever team he joins will automatically become the hot potential landing spot for Cutler next off season.
    Good point!

Just like with Oakland, I see some hatred towards his former team. It'd be awesome if San Diego hired Shanahan if Turner didn't work out. AFCW rivalries continue!

I'm just dreaming for controversy there....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Reported by NFL Network..

I guess it's insurance, but with that rumor of trading Cutler...who knows.

I still believe Cutler will be their QB, but why wouldn't Simms pick a better place for QB, unless Denver told him he could be the starter?
    Uh maybe because Simms is in no position to demand a starting gig? If Simms is the insurance policy for Cutler then Broncos fans need to start demanding McDaniel's resignation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Uh maybe because Simms is in no position to demand a starting gig? If Simms is the insurance policy for Cutler then Broncos fans need to start demanding McDaniel's resignation.
    I think there's "more to come" in Denver.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah, the team is imploding. What an awful start for McDaniels. And all their FA's are old garbage.
    So far McDaniel has tried to trade away the best young QB in the game for overrated system-boy Cassell and brings in washed up scrubs like Jordan and Buckhalter. I'd say it's a rough Mangina-like start.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    No, what I'm saying is that Cutler is Denver's QB, no matter what if he's on the team(unless injury of course). So, why would Simms accept a job here knowing that, rather than a place where he might atleast have QB competition, like the Jets will have.

Of course, it could've have been for money or to be close to family or something, but it is still interesting to think about this considering Denver tried to trade Cutler just days ago..

All League
    I wouldn't read much into this signing. No team would sign Simms to be their starter at this point. He's just looking for a place where he has a good shot at being the BACKUP. Wasn't he a 3rd stringer last year? I doubt this has anything to do with Cutler's status.

I do think the Denver/Cutler situation is interesting though. Definitely some bad feelings there. But I really doubt they trade him, and if he plays well and they win some games this year, all will be forgiven (on both sides).

Hall Of Fame
    Disappointing, I wonder if the Jets gave him a look.

But if it might mean we make a run at Cutler, this is great news!