Thread: ucrenegades annual 1st round

All Pro

ucrenegades annual 1st round

Here is my annual 1st round with explantions. This is before trades in the draft.

1. Lions- Mathew Stafford- This is about as no-brainer as you will get. Orvolsky could not handle the job when given the chance and Culpepper is a stop-gap at best.

2. Rams- Eugene Monroe- The Rams have alot of glaring needs but they know you win with the oline as seen from the Pace experience.

3. Chiefs- Aaron Curry-After the Cassel trade I think they go back on the D.

4. Seahawks- Chris Wells- I was looking wr here but with the addition of Housh tell me who is thier RB...........yeah I didn't think so.

5. Browns- Malcom Jenkins- If it is one thing we learned from vangani he likes those CB's and Jenkins could be his poor mans Revis.

6. Bengals- Andre Smith- If the bengals only had a oline if the bengals only had a oline lalallalalal.

7. Raiders- Michael Crabtree- When your leading wr has 22 receptions on the year you need help.

8. Jags- Jason Smith- The Jags would be in heaven if one of the big three was here.

9. Packers- B.J Raji- The Packers are switching to the 3-4 makes perfect sense for this pick.

10. 49ers- Mark Sanchez- ok so another no brainer although they could still look D here after being scared off from The ALex Smith debacle.

11. Bills- Brian Orakpo- The Bills have injury riddled Shobel and who?

12. Broncos- Brian Cushing- The Broncos have hired Joshua Mcdaniels as thier coach someone from NE who knows what Brushi did for the franchise. Poor mans brushi or vrabel.

13. Redskins- Michael Oher- Samuels is older and they need to start grooming someone.

14. Saints- Rey Maualaga- Saints know they desperetly need to work on that D.

15. Texans- Everette Brown- Williams and okoye were great starts but weaver is not the anwser on the other side.

16. Chargers- James Laurinates- And the rich get richer.

17. Jets- Tyson Jackson- Either Maybin or Jackson but I went with Jackson because of size.

18. Bears- Kenny Britt- The Bears need Wr's bad.

19. Bucs- Fili Moala- Monte Kiffin may be gone but the new guys know defense is the way to go.

20. Lions- Alphonso Smith- Do the Lions even have a secondary?

21. Eagles- Clint Sintim- The Eagles have to keep young and fresh if they want to challenge the Giants and Cowboys.

22. Vikes- Josh Freeman- T. Jackson is not the anwser and the debate is still out on Sage Rosenhalls and if he will be a fit in the locker room.

23. Pats- Vontae Davis- Pats are loaded so this is a luxury pick but thier pass defense was not like usual.

24. Falcons- Brandon Pettigrew- This team has built the Oline through the draft and posistion players through FA the only thing missing for Ryan is a athletic TE for the outs.

25. Dolphags- Percy Harvin- With Ginn and juice (Harvin) teams will have a hard time covering man to man.

26. Ravens- Knowshon Moreno- Magahee is getting long in the tooth and he has had injuries from the start of his career.

27. Colts- Peria Jerry- A DT of this caliber should not still be here and the Colts know that.

28. Eagles- Travis Beckum- L.J smith reincarnated without the attitude hopefully.

29. Giants- Jeremy Maclin- They need to replace Plax's production and thier D is stout.

30. Titans- Darrius Heyward- Bey- Collins needs some help. The Rb's can't do it all.

31. Cardinals- Lesean McCoy- Tim Hightower is not the anwser.

32. Steelers- Duke Robinson- Nothing like big mean road blocking lineman in steel-town now that faneca is gone.

Look at GB roster...three of their DT are between 6'1-6'3, 320-330...I think they will be fine making one of them a NT...Raji to Denver. I'm not sure if they think their DE's can make the switch to OLB so my guess is they go in that direction.

With the trading of Orlovsky and the first hand knowledge I have on Stanton, I'd be absolutely shocked if they did not take Stafford overall...

After Sanchez sub par combine, he's almost assured the top spot.

I like mixing it up with Seattle, it's always interesting to see where people are landing Crabtree. Interesting putting Wells in there. Not out of the question though.

I can't out right agree that the Steelers pick up Robinson. They badly need to upgrade that line though. It was atrocious at most times this 'regular' season. They somehow pulled it out, so who knows though.

All in all, a decent mock Thanks for posting

I hate Laurinaitis but he's got some skills... Seeing him add depth in San Diego is not surprising from a team that loves a mobile and versatile front 7.

I would not be a happy camper to see Harvin end up in Miami. After passing on Coles, I don't think they have much choice on going for a WR in round 1 or 2 though. If he's there, they'll take him.

As far as the Jets pick is concerned, I'd love to see DHB end up in Green & White. It's been tossed around trading down, I'd be willing to do so in order to pick up another 3rd or 4th round pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    With the trading of Orlovsky and the first hand knowledge I have on Stanton, I'd be absolutely shocked if they did not take Stafford overall...

After Sanchez sub par combine, he's almost assured the top spot.

I like mixing it up with Seattle, it's always interesting to see where people are landing Crabtree. Interesting putting Wells in there. Not out of the question though.

I can't out right agree that the Steelers pick up Robinson. They badly need to upgrade that line though. It was atrocious at most times this 'regular' season. They somehow pulled it out, so who knows though.

All in all, a decent mock Thanks for posting

I hate Laurinaitis but he's got some skills... Seeing him add depth in San Diego is not surprising from a team that loves a mobile and versatile front 7.

I would not be a happy camper to see Harvin end up in Miami. After passing on Coles, I don't think they have much choice on going for a WR in round 1 or 2 though. If he's there, they'll take him.

As far as the Jets pick is concerned, I'd love to see DHB end up in Green & White. It's been tossed around trading down, I'd be willing to do so in order to pick up another 3rd or 4th round pick.
    Thanks like I said this is JMO I am sure alot will happen between now and the draft, but I also know that I get 3-4 right every year not always the no-brainers either lol

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Here is my annual 1st round with explantions. This is before trades in the draft.

1. Lions- Mathew Stafford- This is about as no-brainer as you will get. Orvolsky could not handle the job when given the chance and Culpepper is a stop-gap at best.

2. Rams- Eugene Monroe- The Rams have alot of glaring needs but they know you win with the oline as seen from the Pace experience.

3. Chiefs- Aaron Curry-After the Cassel trade I think they go back on the D.

4. Seahawks- Chris Wells- I was looking wr here but with the addition of Housh tell me who is thier RB...........yeah I didn't think so.

5. Browns- Malcom Jenkins- If it is one thing we learned from vangani he likes those CB's and Jenkins could be his poor mans Revis.

6. Bengals- Andre Smith- If the bengals only had a oline if the bengals only had a oline lalallalalal.

7. Raiders- Michael Crabtree- When your leading wr has 22 receptions on the year you need help.

8. Jags- Jason Smith- The Jags would be in heaven if one of the big three was here.

9. Packers- B.J Raji- The Packers are switching to the 3-4 makes perfect sense for this pick.

10. 49ers- Mark Sanchez- ok so another no brainer although they could still look D here after being scared off from The ALex Smith debacle.

11. Bills- Brian Orakpo- The Bills have injury riddled Shobel and who?

12. Broncos- Brian Cushing- The Broncos have hired Joshua Mcdaniels as thier coach someone from NE who knows what Brushi did for the franchise. Poor mans brushi or vrabel.

13. Redskins- Michael Oher- Samuels is older and they need to start grooming someone.

14. Saints- Rey Maualaga- Saints know they desperetly need to work on that D.

15. Texans- Everette Brown- Williams and okoye were great starts but weaver is not the anwser on the other side.

16. Chargers- James Laurinates- And the rich get richer.

17. Jets- Tyson Jackson- Either Maybin or Jackson but I went with Jackson because of size.

18. Bears- Kenny Britt- The Bears need Wr's bad.

19. Bucs- Fili Moala- Monte Kiffin may be gone but the new guys know defense is the way to go.

20. Lions- Alphonso Smith- Do the Lions even have a secondary?

21. Eagles- Clint Sintim- The Eagles have to keep young and fresh if they want to challenge the Giants and Cowboys.

22. Vikes- Josh Freeman- T. Jackson is not the anwser and the debate is still out on Sage Rosenhalls and if he will be a fit in the locker room.

23. Pats- Vontae Davis- Pats are loaded so this is a luxury pick but thier pass defense was not like usual.

24. Falcons- Brandon Pettigrew- This team has built the Oline through the draft and posistion players through FA the only thing missing for Ryan is a athletic TE for the outs.

25. Dolphags- Percy Harvin- With Ginn and juice (Harvin) teams will have a hard time covering man to man.

26. Ravens- Knowshon Moreno- Magahee is getting long in the tooth and he has had injuries from the start of his career.

27. Colts- Peria Jerry- A DT of this caliber should not still be here and the Colts know that.

28. Eagles- Travis Beckum- L.J smith reincarnated without the attitude hopefully.

29. Giants- Jeremy Maclin- They need to replace Plax's production and thier D is stout.

30. Titans- Darrius Heyward- Bey- Collins needs some help. The Rb's can't do it all.

31. Cardinals- Lesean McCoy- Tim Hightower is not the anwser.

32. Steelers- Duke Robinson- Nothing like big mean road blocking lineman in steel-town now that faneca is gone.
    If Raiders sign RT Khalif barnes today , I would expect them to go DT BJ Raji with the seven pick. That would be the pick today. Raiders love their young Wrs . Raiders most likely will take the top rated Center left in the second round(Raiders like the top three)

BTW IF stafford drops to Raiders pick , just maybe Raiders take him(trade bait) That would be if the players they like are off the board.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-05-2009 at 07:43 PM.

All League
    There's no way Maclin falls that far. If we passed him up at 17 I would be beyond pissed.