Thread: nfldraftscout's top 64

nfldraftscout's top 64

Here is a look at nfldraftscout's recently updated top 64 players:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...draftyear=2009

Yes, I know that this is not how the draft will play out but it is a good evaluation of the talent coming into this draft. Here are a few things to notice:

- Where is Jarron Gilbert?

- Where is Shonn Greene?

- Tyson Jackson is listed at #17 with his stock dropping. Hovering around #17 are Wells, Heyward-Bey and Harvin.

- Robiskie above Britt.

- Maybin out of the first round.

- A few guys that are interesting around our 2nd round pick include Ron Brace, Rashad Jennings, Duke Robinson and Andre Brown.

I know some of you will say "this does not necessarily mean the draft will play out this way" but it still warrants some discussion.

I personally think Gilbert in the first and Greene in the second are both reaches yet I do like both players (Gilbert as a second rounder, Greene as a third rounder). Give me Harvin/DHB and Jennings/Brown and I would be happy with that. Would sure give our offense a boost of young talent!

All Pro
    I suggested Maybin may be one to drop come draft day. He's a smallish, young, tweener. But he's a pass rusher and teams reach for those guys. He's def a wildcard. Hopefully, he pushes some guys down to us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    nflds is ok but these rankings are open to interpretation - robert ayers looks low to me

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfaneh View Post
    Here is a look at nfldraftscout's recently updated top 64 players:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...draftyear=2009

Yes, I know that this is not how the draft will play out but it is a good evaluation of the talent coming into this draft. Here are a few things to notice:

- Where is Jarron Gilbert?

- Where is Shonn Greene?

- Tyson Jackson is listed at #17 with his stock dropping. Hovering around #17 are Wells, Heyward-Bey and Harvin.

- Robiskie above Britt.

- Maybin out of the first round.

- A few guys that are interesting around our 2nd round pick include Ron Brace, Rashad Jennings, Duke Robinson and Andre Brown.

I know some of you will say "this does not necessarily mean the draft will play out this way" but it still warrants some discussion.

I personally think Gilbert in the first and Greene in the second are both reaches yet I do like both players (Gilbert as a second rounder, Greene as a third rounder). Give me Harvin/DHB and Jennings/Brown and I would be happy with that. Would sure give our offense a boost of young talent!

Another perspective, as far as rating players, is the National Football Post's rating by position.

Gilbert is the #4 DE, but the first true 3-4 DE. Tyson Jackson is ranked #6.

WRs...Britt is #6 and Robiskie #9.

Shonn Greene is ranked #3!

Maybin is ranked#3 at OLB.

Each of these draft organizations and pundits have different perceptions about a player's ranking. In the end...I'd rather trust the Jets scouting organization, that have actually seen many of these players live, and have extensively studied them on film. Then the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Days help finalize your Draft Board.

The NFP perspective:

Defensive Ends

1. Brown, Everette: Florida State

2. Orakpo, Brian: Texas

3. Ayers, Robert: Tennessee

4. Gilbert, Jarron: San Jose State

5. Barwin, Connor: Cincinnati

6. Jackson, Tyson: LSU

7. Veikune, David: Hawaii

8. Johnson, Michael: Georgia Tech

9. Sidbury, Lawrence Jr.: Richmond

10. Kruger, Paul: Utah