Thread: TheMo's Mock Draft v2.0

All League

TheMo's Mock Draft v2.0

1st- Chris "Beanie" Wells RB
    A tough powerful back who is a perfect fit for a northeast power football team. Has ridiculous potential and IMO has the most upside of any running back in the draft. Also has shown a pretty good work ethic trying to improve various facets in his game to become a complete running back. If anything there are some knocks on his durability.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0mlHNP5u8

2nd- Jarron Gilbert DE/DT
    A strong lineman who can anchor at the point of attack and seems to have a great motor. Can immediately contribute to the DL rotation in my mind perhaps replacing Coleman this season.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwJrEOtk41M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_SxTr4jZs

3rd- Chris Baker NT
    A wide bodied run stopper who can spell Jenkins. Also we need to have a Chris Baker on this team right? Another worthy note is that Baker has the height to possibly even kick out to end. His potential to move around on the DL would appeal to Rex Ryan as he tries to confuse opposing offenses with multiple fronts and schemes.

4th- Marko Mitchell WR
    6-4, 217lb receiver out of Nevada. I am pretty high on this guy I think he is a great sleeper/value in the 4th. Ideally I would have had us even picking him up in the 5th. But since we don't have one we "reach" and pick up this guy. He has great speed for his size and though he was somewhat inconsistent in college he has the potential in my mind to be a true number one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRsDgbIqDg

6th- Travis Bright OG
    A huge guard who has a good set of tools to work with but is slightly overage (BYU mission). Makes for a good developmental/depth building player on the O-line.

7th- Josh Mauga ILB
    Yea I know another Nevada guy, I swear I am not an alumni lol. Anyway the guy has a great build and impressive speed. Has been shown to have some durability issues but at this point the upside is well worth the risk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v95u3yNoquU

UDFA:
    Antonio Appleby ILB- don't know why this guy is getting overlooked looks like a high motor guy with a nice size/speed ratio; definitely worth picking up after the draft

Banned
    Appleby's underrated because all Virginia players get a little underrated.

Even Monroe's underrated in his own way...I think he's the best LT in this class period and almost as good a prospect as D'Brick was...but well I don't control the hype so...yeah.

Monroe, Sintim, Phillips, Ogletree, Peerman, and Appleby are ALL going to be players in this league.

I'm not a Wells fan, but not bad.

All Pro
    I'm with you for the first couple picks, but i would change it up after that. Nonetheless good draft, i like how you didn't force a WR just for the sake of it

Banned
    FORCE a pick at WR? Dude it's our biggest need on offense besides QB. We HAVE to draft one early or we won't get a good one. Thats how the draft works. You draft what you need first so that way you can shop in the later rounds...
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 03-29-2009 at 06:35 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    FORCE a pick at WR? Dude it's our biggest need on offense besides QB. We HAVE to draft one early or we won't get a good one. Thats how the draft works. You draft what you need first so that way you can shop in the later rounds...
    To me i'd rather wither the storm, use FA, whatever, over reaching on a player. Thats just me.

Taking one in rnd 1 with Maclin and Crabtree gone is ludicrous IMO, and the next batch of worthy choices are gone at #52. you're looking at guys like Wallace, Thomas, etc. Eff that, not taking one of them in the second round. when a guy like gilbert is there. forget it. we catch one next year (get it, catch )

We're just in a tough spot this year

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    To me i'd rather wither the storm, use FA, whatever, over reaching on a player. Thats just me.

Taking one in rnd 1 with Maclin and Crabtree gone is ludicrous IMO, and the next batch of worthy choices are gone at #52. you're looking at guys like Wallace, Thomas, etc. Eff that, not taking one of them in the second round. when a guy like gilbert is there. forget it. we catch one next year (get it, catch )

Forcing the pick, just because we NEED a WR, is pretty stupid. Just because a player is selected high doesn't mean he'll perform to that pick. The draft is about targeting specific players and taking them if you have the chance -- or creating the chance by trading up.

If they're really into Britt or Nicks and they take him at #17, fine. If they're not, picking one at 17 is about as stupid as it gets.

Again, if they're sitting in the 2nd with nobody they really like at WR, why take one?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

i do get what your saying....but this years WR draft class LOOKS the best in a while....Gilbert most likely isnt going past pitt who like him a lot...so if thats the case why not take one second round? you wouldnt be reaching and we could still get matt jones and let him mature

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    i do get what your saying....but this years WR draft class LOOKS the best in a while....Gilbert most likely isnt going past pitt who like him a lot...so if thats the case why not take one second round? you wouldnt be reaching and we could still get matt jones and let him mature
    not to mention there a chance well trade up in the second round

All Pro
    I don't get this "why not" approach. Why not take a WR while there's better players on the board. Why not take a QB while we still haven't even tested our own stock.

...Why not? Cause there's other players on the board we could use that will help this team out more.. FOR GOD SAKES!!! c'mon dude. snap out of it!. these guys you're thinking of taking at #52, the wallaces, the thomas's, inglaciasesese or whatever you spell it. These guys are "potential" upgrades that are gonna have to climb past 4 other recievers for playing time. Crabtree could maybe walk on the field this summer in TC and outplay Stuckey, and Wright and Smith etc. guys at #52?? total crapshoot. c'mon man.. Eddie Royal was the only WR drafted last year to start in week 1.. and marshall was suspended.
    For the love of sweet pete, Calvin Johnson didn't even start in week 1. Now i know at some point you have to take WR to groom them, but reaching on a player on day 1 that isn't even a lock to do anything this year,

...and if Gilbert is gone, then that means it just more likely that someone else has slipped then. a Hood, or Brace, or Barwin etc. You wanna pass on a Gilbert or Barwin for a Williams out of Penn state?!?!
    We're gonna need some D-line depth, make no mistake about that, i really can't see us passing on defense 2 rounds in a row. ..and unless you got an ACE up your sleeve, I haven't seen a 3-4 prospect we could use at #17.

Just stop and think about what you're saying man. I know, you're hungry for that WR that can change our offense. I get it. I'd pass on Wells/Pettigrew right now and give up our #17 pick for Braylon Edwards. I'm not being a stubborn jackass. It's just the way things worked out for us. We're not gonna be taking a WR in rnds 1 & 2. the talent just won't match the value for us this year.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-29-2009 at 11:31 PM.

All League
    I think Pitt takes an OL in the first round if they are smart. Big Ben isn't going to last long if he keeps getting smacked around like a ragdoll back there. Normally I mock the first round in its entirety but I don't have much time this draft season.