Thread: With Rex Ryan calling the shots, this Defense should be one of the best around.

Banned

With Rex Ryan calling the shots, this Defense should be one of the best around.

Where can I start? Wow...I'm just loving the fact that we have a real 3-4 Defense with a coach that understands how to run a real nasty 3-4 Defense, I love it.

Our front 7 will be really tough for opposing O's with the addition of Bart Scott, a MLB who has been blessed with the opportunity to play alongside one of the best MLB's to ever play the game in Ray Lewis.

David Harris should be one happy man because Bart Scott will help Harris out in sooo many ways, lets just put it this way... Barton isn't even on the same playing field as Scott as of right now. The Jets just upgraded and upgraded in a strong way.

David Harris and Bart Scott playing behind one of the best 3-4 NT's in the game? Are you kidding me? Good luck to opposing RB's and O-Lines because I cant see teams rushing for over 80 yards on this front 7. We REALLY have some LB's who can make some plays behind Jenkins in David Harris, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas and I honestly believe that Gholston will come into his own here in 2009.

Lets hope that Rex Ryan can turn Vernon Gholston into a Suggs type of player rushing from the outside, if he can...This Jets Defense will be one of the best Jet D's to ever rock Green and White.

Harris and Scott leading the way for the Defense as our two MLB's.

Pace and Gholston rushing from the outside with Bryan Thomas coming off the bench. And you know what? With a 3-4 Defense, you can never have enough LB's so I wouldnt be against drafting a solid prospect in rounds two or three.

Jenkins plugging up the middle and DEMANDING double teams @ all times with Ellis and Coleman holding their own... I really like what I'm seeing out of this front 7 next year with Rex calling the shots.

And this Jets secondary SHOULD BE one hell of a unit with three pro bowl players in Revis, Rhodes and now Litto Sheppard!

We already know that Revis is one of the best shut down corners around, we already know that Kerry Rhodes has talent that most Safetys only dream of having and we now know that we have a #2 CB in Litto who can really shut down opposing #2 WR's... Im so freaking pumped up right now because I know that Lowery will turn on to be a really good #3 Nickel/Dime CB and the days of watching #2 WR's destroy our secondary are over because Sheppard is still REALLY good and should be elite for another 3-4 seasons.

Revis, Rhodes and now Sheppard with Lowery as our #3 CB is ONE HELL OF A Secondary.

Jenkins=the best 3-4 NT in the game today.

Pace, Gholston, Harris and Scott all have the talent and potential to lead this Jets Defense for years to come. One heck LB of a unit if you ask me.

The thing is...I expect this Jets Defense to get stronger before the draft, we really have a shot here in 2009... Cant wait for the draft and I cant wait for week one baby!

All in all...Signing Scott and Sheppard has me thinking playoffs before the draft.

All League
    Are you just bouncing around from message to message board, starting the same thread in each place?

All League
    LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Are you just bouncing around from message to message board, starting the same thread in each place?
    Well...TheGangGreen is my home as far as being a Jets fan goes, I just thought I would stop by and see whats going down with the other Jet sites

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Well...TheGangGreen is my home as far as being a Jets fan goes, I just thought I would stop by and see whats going down with the other Jet sites
    Stop by The Hangur and say hi. Just don't be postin' no multi-paragraph football diatribe. Capish?
    Last edited by FF2; 03-29-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    He's aggressive.

People are forgetting Calvin Pace in this whole equation, don't be surprised if he posts 11 or more sacks with Rex calling the plays.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    People are forgetting Calvin Pace in this whole equation, don't be surprised if he posts 11 or more sacks with Rex calling the plays.
    Not me...I was a huge supporter of Pace last offseason after we signed the man and after I seen him play last year, I support the man even more.

Harris, Pace and Scott will make for one of the best combos around next year under Rex Ryan, if Ryan can turn Gholston into a pass rushing threat...We could have a serious D in 09.

I love Pace bro

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Not me...I was a huge supporter of Pace last offseason after we signed the man and after I seen him play last year, I support the man even more.

Harris, Pace and Scott will make for one of the best combos around next year under Rex Ryan, if Ryan can turn Gholston into a pass rushing threat...We could have a serious D in 09.

I love Pace bro
    Couldn't agree with you more, he's like a defensive tackle with 4.7 speed. I can't wait to see what happens next season when Rex lets him lose.

Hall Of Fame
    Ikey will be pleased.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ikey will be pleased.
    DWC, Schroy48 and kobe have all started threads tonight, maybe JI isn't a lost cause.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    DWC, Schroy48 and kobe have all started threads tonight, maybe JI isn't a lost cause.
    I'm excited...I'm waiting for the "10 joints of 'dro" line.

All League
    You played out Leonhard and didn't mention him at all, he's a big part of our secondary and will allow Kerry do the things he couldn't do last season.

Also, cool fact of our defense is that Kris Jenkins and all of our starting LBs are from Michigan -- Pace, Scott & Gholston are all from Detroit and Harris is from Grand Rapids...interesting tie that binds the defense, especially the linebackers.

Hall Of Fame
    Really the problem with the Jets in 2009 will be the offense and depth.

YES, the defense looks to be great in 2009, but they are also one serious injury away from reverting back to 2007 form. After the starters they are paper thin. I still believe we need a solution for a 3-4 NT in case Jenkins goes down. We all know how good Kris Jenkins is, the problem is he's injury prone for the last 3 years of his career. Last year when he went down it killed us.

Also the offense has huge question marks. Who will become our number 1 WR? Personally, I believe that Cotchery can fill that role, but not by todays standards. Today you have to either have a speed demon or a very big target to throw the ball at and Cotchery is neither. He's got great hands, he'a consumate team player, he runs great routes, but I think he'll probably never be any better than a number one on a few sundays per season.

Quarterback is definitely the largest problem with this team. I believe that in order for this team to win the SB, they must get a franchise QB. Do they have that person on the roster already? Sure, it's possible. Hell, anything is possible, but the likelihood just isn't there.

I'm concerned about losing Chris Baker. I thought he was a very good player and home grown talent for us. Anyone knows that Keller causes matchup problems, but how will Keller help when we have to get into a smashmoth football game? A grind it out on the ground type of football game?

On the good side, I believe we have one of the best offensive lines in football. 9 times out of 10 they will win in the trenches. Just look at what they were able to do against the Patsies and the Titans on consecutive weekends? that was nothing short of great.

I hope that the draft yields a lot of hidden gems, because NOW morw than ever we need it.......