Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Myers on 1050

Banned

Gary Myers on 1050

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations...ive?id=2693958

Gary heard from someone he trusts that the Jet really want Cutler and he thinks assuming thats true that the Jets have as good a shot as any to get him. He thinks it would take a first third and David Harris and maybe even more. What I found interesting is that from what he is hearing Ratliff will be their QB if they dont get Cutler and not Clemens.

I would much much rather have Ratliff, Harris, a first, and a third than Cutler. This could be the defining moment for this franchise. If they make this trade and Ratliff ends up having the better career wins a couple of super bowls while Cutler comes here has a decent career while not winning a super bowl I will start a thread every day saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by avi31884 View Post
    This could be the defining moment for this franchise. If they make this trade and Ratliff ends up having the better career wins a couple of super bowls while Cutler comes here has a decent career while not winning a super bowl I will start a thread every day saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
    Are you serious?

I mean, is this a serious point you're making, or are you being ironic or sarcastic?

If you're serious, I honestly don't know how to begin responding to this.

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations...ive?id=2693958

Gary heard from someone he trusts that the Jet really want Cutler and he thinks assuming thats true that the Jets have as good a shot as any to get him. He thinks it would take a first third and David Harris and maybe even more. What I found interesting is that from what he is hearing Ratliff will be their QB if they dont get Cutler and not Clemens.

I would much much rather have Ratliff, Harris, a first, and a third than Cutler. This could be the defining moment for this franchise. If they make this trade and Ratliff ends up having the better career wins a couple of super bowls while Cutler comes here has a decent career while not winning a super bowl I will start a thread every day saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
    Brett Ratliff, David Harris, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Schlegel or Jay Cutler? I think Ill take my shot with Cutler.

All Pro
    I am Ratliff supporter myself...but good lord dude, give it a rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i'd pull the trigger on that yesterday.

I still am cringing at the thought of multiple #1s and a player.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    i'd pull the trigger on that yesterday.

I still am cringing at the thought of multiple #1s and a player.
    That doesn't make any sense. What do you think Harris is? He was rated by the Jets as a first round pick. Interchange Harris with a first and a player as a third rounder at its the same thing your worried about.

All League
    1st a 3rd, harris and next years 2nd for cutler .....done.

now build around a still solid defense and a franchise qb for the next 10 years.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Are you serious?

I mean, is this a serious point you're making, or are you being ironic or sarcastic?

If you're serious, I honestly don't know how to begin responding to this.
    Are you serious oh my god Cutler is superman no one can be better than him. Ratliff had similar stats as Jay in college in his one year as a starter and has the same measurables as Cutler 6-3 same weight strong arm. The fact that a guy who went undrafted is considered a front runner by some to be the starter is all you need to know about him. You would be telling me the same thing about Brady, Cassel, Romo Warner etc.. Why simply cause they were not given the same opportunity to start as Cutler has. Yea thats right Ratliff can be better than Cutler in three years and we dont know it yet.

All League
    Yea thats right Ratliff can be better than Cutler in three years and we dont know it yet.
    Yeah, and David Clowney could be better than Calvin Johnson in 3 years and we don't know it yet. Would I give up Clowney in a trade for Johnson? Absolutely.

Exclamation

I keep Harris over Cutler STRAIGHT UP!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I love Harris, but I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

#17, Harris, and our 3rd round pick.

Denver has been putrid against the run for years now. Williams and Harris teamed together in the middle would be awesome for the Broncos IMO.

I really like what I saw out of Jason Trusnik towards the end of the season. He's not on Harris' level but he could be a very solid contributor next to Bart Scott. Not to mention Rex made a habit out of taking late rounders and undrafted players and turning them into solid starters (Scott, Leonhard, Gregg, Bannan, Johnson, etc).

I totally agree with Myers that the Jets have just as good of a chance at landing Cutler as any other team. The Redskins could offer Campbell and #13, but do the Broncos think of Campbell as the guy to lead that team for the foreseeable future and does Bowlen want to dish out two big contracts, back to back, for two unproven players?

I really think the Jets are going to get him. Tannenbaum has a good relationship with Bus Cook and you know Woody is dying for a young QB like Cutler not just for the PSL sales, but to solve the QB issues on this team for the next decade.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    I keep Harris over Cutler STRAIGHT UP!!!!
    Then I really have to question your sanity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    Brett Ratliff, David Harris, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Schlegel or Jay Cutler? I think Ill take my shot with Cutler.
    Brett Ratliff, David Harrris, Darell Revis and Coles for Jay Cutler?

just say no to Cutler if it costs a current defensive stud starter and a 1st round draft pick. DEFINITELY not worth it...I'd rather drat a QB in the 1st....

Hall Of Fame
    Brett Ratliff, David Harrris, Darell Revis and Coles for Jay Cutler?
    I think Coles, Vilma, and Santana Moss would get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Then I really have to question your sanity.
    I am not really sure that I meant it...but Harris is a solid ball-player for many years to come. There must be someone else we can give them instead.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    I am not really sure that I meant it...but Harris is a solid ball-player for many years to come. There must be someone else we can give them instead.
    I love Harris, but the guy looks to be injury prone (torn groin and a broken leg last year) and ILB isn't exactly a very hard position to fill.

The only other players I can think of to give Denver are Revis and Leon.

Out of those guys, Harris is the one that I think is the most expendable. Especially with the Jets giving big money to Bart Scott.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I think Coles, Vilma, and Santana Moss would get it done.
    Next time look at the quote to what the response is being made to. You may then not look like a fool when you post something. Just an FYI.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Next time look at the quote to what the response is being made to. You may then not look like a fool when you post something. Just an FYI.
    Dude, you're looking like a total fool with the Ratliff/Cutler comparisons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Yeah, and David Clowney could be better than Calvin Johnson in 3 years and we don't know it yet. Would I give up Clowney in a trade for Johnson? Absolutely.
    Obvious problem with that is Calvin is 6-5 while Clowney is 6-0. They dont have the same measurables so Clowney can never be the same player that Calvin is. Ratliff on the other hand does have the same measurables as Cutler. A more realistic comparison would be would you trade Clowney a first a third and a player for Santana Moss????????????