Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We'll be the Cutler winners on draft day

Veteran

We'll be the Cutler winners on draft day

Our first round pick at #17 just turned into pure gold. Tampa Bay at #19 is hot to trot for Kansas State QB Josh Freeman (who I think is first round physical talent but fourth round on QB smarts and intangibles).

And who's picking at #18 now? The Broncos, who also like Freeman and could groom Freeman behind Orton. We can get the two of them in a bidding war to move up and get Freeman.

We could recoup a third, maybe a second rounder depending on how desperate TB gets to ace out the Broncos.

Banned

All Pro
    I hate to break up your plan here but the Bronocos have the 12th pick as well.

Practice Squad
    so we miss out on cutler but recoup a 3rd round pick so we're the winners?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    If the price was two number ones, a three, and a player like David Harris, then no, I would not want Cutler.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    How did you set the camera and light up at the same time? Timer?

All Pro
    lol .... Championnnnnshippp

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I hate to break up your plan here but the Bronocos have the 12th pick as well.
    Too early for Freeman. They take Sanchez there or hope Freeman falls to them. Doesn't change the TB desperation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    The Nintenbowl?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The Nintenbowl?
    at least it got him out of the house.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    at least it got him out of the house.
    Yeah, about three steps away.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Denver is going to go defense with their first two picks, unless Sanchez falls to 12, which I don't think he will. Orton was well respected in Chicago and now getting to play with serious weapons on offense, he will be an above average QB there.

More importantly, TB is not going to trade a 3rd rounder just to move up two slots. Keep dreaming.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Denver is going to go defense with their first two picks, unless Sanchez falls to 12, which I don't think he will. Orton was well respected in Chicago and now getting to play with serious weapons on offense, he will be an above average QB there.

More importantly, TB is not going to trade a 3rd rounder just to move up two slots. Keep dreaming.
    Orton will be able to do what Cutler could not on O. Their revamped D will Rock!
    You should be a GM

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by keiththejet View Post
    Orton will be able to do what Cutler could not on O. Their revamped D will Rock!
    You should be a GM
    What are you talking about? Cutler is clearly the better quarterback. However, Orton will be a fine short-term solution, and may even be able to handle McDaniels' offense. The reasons I believe that Orton will be an above average QB are:

1. Denver has significantly better receiver options than Chicago.

2. Denver has a much better offensive line than Chicago.

3. Orton is well-regarded by his teammates (just check out what Urlacher had to say about the trade). Chemistry is important, and I really believe that players step it up and rally around teammates they like/trust.

4. Orton played in a conservative offense in Chicago and will now be a part of a high-octane attack that is dependent on a quarterback making numerous reads and smart decisionmaking, two things Orton did well in Chicago.

5. The state of the position across the NFL is rather poor.

Also, he's going to play in Denver, where the air is thinner, and where the weather is not sludge 3 weeks into the season, and I truly believe that will be a positive for him.

Cutler has already shown he can play well in adverse climates, so it's a good move for the Bears. I still think they gave up a lot, but they have the defense to keep games close.

At no point was I saying that Denver's defense is going to be a powerhouse next year, but if they draft well, there's pretty much no way they can get worse.

Rookie
    I also heard that Denver wanted our 17th pick for the sole purpose of stealing Freeman from the Bucs but they wanted Cutler to go to the Bears so Favre can come out of retirement and sign with Minnesota!

Now Denver will trade their #12 and their 3rd RD pick to us to take the 17th pick!

Can I have that nintenbowl now

Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    I also heard that Denver wanted our 17th pick for the sole purpose of stealing Freeman from the Bucs but they wanted Cutler to go to the Bears so Favre can come out of retirement and sign with Minnesota!

Now Denver will trade their #12 and their 3rd RD pick to us to take the 17th pick!

Can I have that nintenbowl now
    You snuck a few hits in, didn't you

Hall Of Fame
    Uh yeah...considering we may not have had a chance at him and the price was too high. Moving down a couple spots and getting an extra pick is a winning situation.

All Pro
    I think your right on with your assessment regarding the draft & the Jets being at 17. With 30 underclassman in this draft it is DEEP! Say Denver takes a QB @ 12, that means they go defense the rest of the way, therefore, because NO ONE knows what the Jets will do I believe there will be suiters for the Jets pick.

I believe there will be at least 3 players that the Jets have slotted at that pick which if they are still on the board, Denver might just move up one slot to get our pick, give us there #3, & we get one of the players we were looking at anyways.

The middle of the 1st round in this draft is where the best value is & we are right in the thick of it. I think this will be one of the most exciting draft days for the Jets in years. Probably won't happen but stranger things have happened in the draft, but could you imagine Rajii slipping to us at 17!
    Oh my god! Big Jenk & Rajii splitting time! Our defense would be sick!

in a sense, yes. the jets, in those scenarios will get a pick for nothing, assuming they have no interest in freeman or the player that denver or tampa want.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That was good.