Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tired of hearing we have no QB

Veteran

tired of hearing we have no QB

CLEMENS never got a fair shot. He played on his second year and most of the time he was running for his life. His receivers kept dropping the ball. You guys want to draft a QB. You guys wanted Cutler. What did Clemens show you that makes you think he cannot get the job done. You guys are desperate for a solution. So what we draft a qb and throw him in there or let a freeman or sanchez develop and if he played like clemens we do this all over again. Or we get yet another veteran free agent in a garcia or leftwich. Enough is enough, let clemens start. give him a whole season behind this line we have, Bears went to superbowl with rex grossman, I believe our offense is way better then their's and the defense carried them to the superbowl. I know clemens is better then grossman.

Anyway i am torn between ratliff and clemens. But i do believe clemens would win and he deserves a shot. Enough with burying our QB, enough with your hopeful FA wishes or your trade prospects. Time for you guys to stand behind ONE of our QB's

Call me a bad speller, call me the bedbug king, call me mr. bad grammer. But i am standing behind clemens for starter and for that you can call me CRAYC.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    Call me a bad speller, call me the bedbug king, call me mr. bad grammer. But i am standing behind clemens for starter and for that you can call me CRAYC.

All League
    CLEMENS never got a fair shot. He played on his second year and most of the time he was running for his life. His receivers kept dropping the ball. You guys want to draft a QB. You guys wanted Cutler. What did Clemens show you that makes you think he cannot get the job done. You guys are desperate for a solution. So what we draft a qb and throw him in there or let a freeman or sanchez develop and if he played like clemens we do this all over again. Or we get yet another veteran free agent in a garcia or leftwich. Enough is enough, let clemens start. give him a whole season behind this line we have, Bears went to superbowl with rex grossman, I believe our offense is way better then their's and the defense carried them to the superbowl. I know clemens is better then grossman.

Anyway i am torn between ratliff and clemens. But i do believe clemens would win and he deserves a shot. Enough with burying our QB, enough with your hopeful FA wishes or your trade prospects. Time for you guys to stand behind ONE of our QB's

But Grossman tried desperately to prevent them from getting there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

lol i will stand behind you too with my bedbugs

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dassassin View Post
    But Grossman tried desperately to prevent them from getting there.

Yes and clemens is better then him. and we have more weapons like keller. Our rb's not so bad either.

Hall Of Fame
    lol i will stand behind you too with my bedbugs
    Dat be why you crayc, yo!

All League
    Yes and clemens is better then him. and we have more weapons like keller. Our rb's not so bad either.
    There aren't many QBs worse than Grossman.

Hall Of Fame
    until you have a proven qb, you don't have one. this is a 'guilty until proven innocent' concept. sure, anyone could pan out, but even the patriots way back when couldn't say that brady was the qb of the future, until he came in and started winning.

Undrafted Free Agent

We have no QB until Clemens or Ratliff prove they are more than just a guy on the roster. We have no QB until Clemens or Ratliff prove their potential in something other than training camp or preseason. I hope to god we have a QB but until they prove it I cant say we "have" one.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dassassin View Post
    There aren't many QBs worse than Grossman.
    So why not give clemens a chance? that is my question. HE never got a fair shot.

Banned

I honestly think Clemens will do ok. I have no basis for it, I just have a gut feeling that he will be fine.

However Ratliff really intrigues me. His size and arm strength is something NFL scouts love. I know he played well against scrubs, but any QB that's looked like crap against second and third tier players will suck against first tier guys. A guy who looks as good as Ratty did against backups has a shot at being good. Of course there's no given that he will be good, but he has a legitimate chance.

And the game that impressed me most with Ratliff wasn't the Browns game. The games against the Giants and Eagles were what impressed me. Look at the TD he threw against the Eagles. Scrubs or not, that's an impressive play he made.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtown123 View Post
    We have no QB until Clemens or Ratliff prove they are more than just a guy on the roster. We have no QB until Clemens or Ratliff prove their potential in something other than training camp or preseason. I hope to god we have a QB but until they prove it I cant say we "have" one.
    Point is you guys are desperate. Let's see what clemens has this year then you can really say. All you guys want to draft one or sign a vet even give up 2 first rounders for cutler. You guys don't seem happy with clemens even though he never got a fair shot

Hall Of Fame

I agree with you. You must understand that so many of CLEMENS haters are really CHADWICK the GREAT supporters. They will never forgive CLEMENS for winning more games then their binkey did behind the same OL. One other thing: when Clemens finally got in there, his rec3eivers were hurt. When CHAD was in there they were healthy. Then we also must remember that MANGREENI was a waste when it came to aggressive football being played. He made CLEMENS throw as if CHAD was the QB. The guy had a rocket arm and never got to really air it out. When he did throw a bit longer then 7 yards, they did drop the ball and that cost him a shot at winning two more games. I know his detractors would never admit that!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

What's wrong with competition? Let them compete and may the best man win.

Moderator VIP Visionary

How tall is he??

All League
    So why not give clemens a chance? that is my question. HE never got a fair shot.
    He is being given a shot.

Why is there a complete mental breakdown, that people seem to think drafting a QB this year means CLemens/Ratty wont get a shot.

In all likeliness, clemens/Ratty will start the year as starting QB. IF they turn out to be good, THATS THE IDEAL SITUATION. YOU FINALLY HAVE A QB. And a high round draftpick waiting in the wings, god forbid an injury or to trade for prospects/draft picks.

If we stand pat with Clemens/Ratty/Ainge this year and ignore the position and none turn out to be anything, now its a waisted year, and next year likely is as well as rookie QBs rarely show up till earliest week 8, if at all. So thats 2 years because we continue to ignore taking a chance on a franchise QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I say Kris Jenkins lines up at QB.

30 QB sneaks at 3 yards a pop per drive should do it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Point is you guys are desperate. Let's see what clemens has this year then you can really say. All you guys want to draft one or sign a vet even give up 2 first rounders for cutler. You guys don't seem happy with clemens even though he never got a fair shot
    I am not desperate so please don't associate me with the majority as I formulate my own opinions. I agree wholeheartedly that Clemens did not receive a fair shot and I am all for giving either him or Ratliff the opportunity to take this team to the next level. That being said neither has proven diddly squat in this league so pardon me for being a tad bit skeptical that one of them is our savior as some on here would lead us to believe. Again I am not against giving them a chance I am just saying that your post stating that we have a quarterback is a bit premature because I think we have to wait and see from actual performance whether we indeed have a QB. Signing a veteran like Leftwich or Garcia could only increase competition and leave us with a solid backup plan in case Clemens or Ratliff are in fact not an NFL caliber QB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DE94Abraham View Post
    He is being given a shot.

Why is there a complete mental breakdown, that people seem to think drafting a QB this year means CLemens/Ratty wont get a shot.

In all likeliness, clemens/Ratty will start the year as starting QB. IF they turn out to be good, THATS THE IDEAL SITUATION. YOU FINALLY HAVE A QB. And a high round draftpick waiting in the wings, god forbid an injury or to trade for prospects/draft picks.

If we stand pat with Clemens/Ratty/Ainge this year and ignore the position and none turn out to be anything, now its a waisted year, and next year likely is as well as rookie QBs rarely show up till earliest week 8, if at all. So thats 2 years because we continue to ignore taking a chance on a franchise QB.

+1000000000000000

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    What's wrong with competition? Let them compete and may the best man win.
    I'm with you. I have no favorite in this. If Ainge beats Clemens and Ratty then I'm all for him starting.