Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: And I Thought Jets Fans Are Delusional

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287

    And I Thought Jets Fans Are Delusional

    Thought you guys might enjoy a post from patsfans.com


    1. vs. Bills - Win
    2. @ Jets - Win
    3. vs. Falcons - Win.
    4. vs. Ravens - Win.
    5. @ Broncos - Win
    6. vs. Titans - Loss
    7. @ Bucs - Win.
    8. Bye week.
    9. vs. Miami - Win
    10. @ Indy - Win
    11. vs. Jets - Win
    12. @ Saints - Win
    13. @ Miami - Win
    14. vs. Panthers - Win
    15. @ Bills - Win
    16. vs. Jacksonville - Win.
    17. @ Houston - Win

    I'm pretty happy with the schedule and if i look at the acquisitions we already made and the 11 draft picks we got in the draft, than i can only see us losing two games.

    I feel like the Titans still have a pretty strong D even without Haynesworth and i will never underestimate the game @ the Colts. Of course the Brady factor will have a huge impact, but i think he'll be as good as he was before the injury.

    So i'm thinking 15-1.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,706
    Yeah I'm sure Brady wont miss a step and will be right back to his old self just like all the other QB in the past with similar injuries.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ridge, Long Island
    Posts
    2,250
    I never understood why fans go thru this "Win/Loss" breakdown scenario once the schedules are released.

    Pretty useless if you ask me given all the variables to account for.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Thought you guys might enjoy a post from patsfans.com


    1. vs. Bills - Win
    2. @ Jets - Win
    3. vs. Falcons - Win.
    4. vs. Ravens - Win.
    5. @ Broncos - Win
    6. vs. Titans - Loss
    7. @ Bucs - Win.
    8. Bye week.
    9. vs. Miami - Win
    10. @ Indy - Win
    11. vs. Jets - Win
    12. @ Saints - Win
    13. @ Miami - Win
    14. vs. Panthers - Win
    15. @ Bills - Win
    16. vs. Jacksonville - Win.
    17. @ Houston - Win

    I'm pretty happy with the schedule and if i look at the acquisitions we already made and the 11 draft picks we got in the draft, than i can only see us losing two games.

    I feel like the Titans still have a pretty strong D even without Haynesworth and i will never underestimate the game @ the Colts. Of course the Brady factor will have a huge impact, but i think he'll be as good as he was before the injury.

    So i'm thinking 15-1.


    Carolina and Indy are probably the two toughest games for you guys based on how all the teams were built last season. You guys should destroy the Titans...

    Pats fans are funny.

  5. #5
    I don't blame you for posting here...

    At least there's a mix of Homerism/Realism...

    Over there... All Homer all the time...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I don't blame you for posting here...

    At least there's a mix of Homerism/Realism...

    Over there... All Homer all the time...
    +1! If you were a Pats fan and predicted a slow start with a 10-6 record and a wildcard spot, you'd probably get banned for flaming the board..

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I don't blame you for posting here...

    At least there's a mix of Homerism/Realism...

    Over there... All Homer all the time...
    I agree.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Thought you guys might enjoy a post from patsfans.com


    1. vs. Bills - Win
    2. @ Jets - Win
    3. vs. Falcons - Win.
    4. vs. Ravens - Win.
    5. @ Broncos - Win
    6. vs. Titans - Loss
    7. @ Bucs - Win.
    8. Bye week.
    9. vs. Miami - Win
    10. @ Indy - Win
    11. vs. Jets - Win
    12. @ Saints - Win
    13. @ Miami - Win
    14. vs. Panthers - Win
    15. @ Bills - Win
    16. vs. Jacksonville - Win.
    17. @ Houston - Win

    I'm pretty happy with the schedule and if i look at the acquisitions we already made and the 11 draft picks we got in the draft, than i can only see us losing two games.
    I feel like the Titans still have a pretty strong D even without Haynesworth and i will never underestimate the game @ the Colts. Of course the Brady factor will have a huge impact, but i think he'll be as good as he was before the injury.

    So i'm thinking 15-1.

    That's about right...
    2 losses...
    15-1 in regular season...
    lose first game of the playoffs.

  9. #9
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post


    Carolina and Indy are probably the two toughest games for you guys based on how all the teams were built last season. You guys should destroy the Titans...

    Pats fans are wicked retahded.

    Fixed.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Look at Carson Palmer, Manning, Culpepper and their body of work after their knee injuries. They all took various time frames to get back to a high level (ok Daunte never got back)so for you to say Brady is not gonna have hitch up it will be an unlikely scenario.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88 View Post
    +1! If you were a Pats fan and predicted a slow start with a 10-6 record and a wildcard spot, you'd probably get banned for flaming the board..
    With the schedules the AFCE teams have, I wouldn't be surprised if 10-6 wins the division.

    All I want is the Pats to go 4-2 in the division, find 7 other wins, and hopefully 11-5 is good enough to win the AFCE.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    With the schedules the AFCE teams have, I wouldn't be surprised if 10-6 wins the division.

    All I want is the Pats to go 4-2 in the division, find 7 other wins, and hopefully 11-5 is good enough to win the AFCE.
    Unlike last year, 11-5 will win the division outright...

    I think it would take two 11-5 teams for us to have a shot at the WC as well but I don't think that will happen... (haha, bad memories for you, I'm sure)

    Should be an interesting season. The AFCE is no joke

  13. #13
    i hate to say it but there is some basis in that prediction. all of those teams are really average or maybe a cut above average. they have 8-8 written all over them. brady will be back and they still have a serious defense and offense so they should expect to win most of those games. a few additional breaks here and there and they could go 15-1. obviously they still have to play the games but one thing is certain, the bellichicken will have them prepared from the start.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i hate to say it but there is some basis in that prediction. all of those teams are really average or maybe a cut above average. they have 8-8 written all over them. brady will be back and they still have a serious defense and offense so they should expect to win most of those games. a few additional breaks here and there and they could go 15-1. obviously they still have to play the games but one thing is certain, the bellichicken will have them prepared from the start.
    Make no mistake, Bradys leg may be 100% but it will take him some readjusting... It will not happen in the first half of the first game, the first game or even the first month...

    If he stays injury free, he will be the Tom Brady of old around week 7...

    I'd expect the Pats to be 4-3 at that point.

    After that bye week will be the turnaround, 8-4 after the Miami game... Hence why 11-5 makes so much sense... JMO though...

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Make no mistake, Bradys leg may be 100% but it will take him some readjusting... It will not happen in the first half of the first game, the first game or even the first month...

    If he stays injury free, he will be the Tom Brady of old around week 7...

    I'd expect the Pats to be 4-3 at that point.

    After that bye week will be the turnaround, 8-4 after the Miami game... Hence why 11-5 makes so much sense... JMO though...
    Gotta agree with you there.

    I think Brady will have some tough games in the first half of the season.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Gotta agree with you there.

    I think Brady will have some tough games in the first half of the season.
    Look how long it took Manning to get going last season and he didn't miss a year..

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    Look at Carson Palmer, Manning, Culpepper and their body of work after their knee injuries. They all took various time frames to get back to a high level (ok Daunte never got back)so for you to say Brady is not gonna have hitch up it will be an unlikely scenario.
    Manning didn't have ACL surgery and it took him a while to get readjusted. But someone like Brady who had the ability to scramble and throw effectively on the run, I imagine the ACL reconstruction will have a physical and a mental impact on him. I would be surprised if Brady is ever the same.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Manning didn't have ACL surgery and it took him a while to get readjusted. But someone like Brady who had the ability to scramble and throw effectively on the run, I imagine the ACL reconstruction will have a physical and a mental impact on him. I would be surprised if Brady is ever the same.

    I wouldn't say Brady could scramble... he's one of the least athletic QB's in the league imo.... The thing he has is great pocket awareness, and a quick release, sadly that probably won't change when he comes back...

    Where I think the injury could hurt him is in the ability to use his legs to step into throws... that's one of the things he has mastered as a pro....
    It was said that Chad was studying Brady's mechanics to help generate more lower body torgue...

    I do love how most Pats fans think he will come back with no issues whatsoever... a pipe dream.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 04-15-2009 at 01:37 PM.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Manning didn't have ACL surgery and it took him a while to get readjusted. But someone like Brady who had the ability to scramble and throw effectively on the run, I imagine the ACL reconstruction will have a physical and a mental impact on him. I would be surprised if Brady is ever the same.
    Granted Vinny was older but when he went down in 99 he was never the same again as before his Achilles injury..Brady is younger but somewhere in the back of his mind he can't help but think of injury when under a blitz..

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Manning didn't have ACL surgery and it took him a while to get readjusted. But someone like Brady who had the ability to scramble and throw effectively on the run, I imagine the ACL reconstruction will have a physical and a mental impact on him. I would be surprised if Brady is ever the same.
    What Pats games have you been watching?

    Brady has no ability whatsoever to "scramble" and he throws very poorly on the run.

    Brady is a pure pocket passer who has the uncanny ability to avoid pressure by moving around in the pocket.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us