Thread: Bills LT Jason Peters traded to Eagles

All League

Bills LT Jason Peters traded to Eagles

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...Bowl-LT-Peters

looks like they will be looking LT in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...Bowl-LT-Peters

looks like they will be looking LT in the draft
    Won't affect their 1st draft choice... They're going pass rush...

Haha. He gave up more sacks than any other O-Lineman in football last season, too bad he's gone now. Even Kenyon Coleman beat him for a sack last season!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I think it will

Now I would pencil them in for Andre Smith or Michael Oher, and I probably will in my final mock draft next week
    The drop off in possible production for OL is not what it is for pass rushing DE's (or OLB or Hybrids)

There are plenty of top tier OL to be had in rounds 2 and 3...

I think it will

Now I would pencil them in for Andre Smith or Michael Oher, and I probably will in my final mock draft next week
    With Sanchez likely ending up in Seattle, Crabtree to Cincy/Cleveland/Oakland, Raji to Cleveland/Oakland/Jacksonville... I think SF probably settles on Oher or Smith.

Now the real question is... do teams envision Andre Smith as a pro LT? He was a damned good one in college.

At least one of Beatty/Britton now are definitely going in rd 1.
    Last edited by 49ersJetsfan; 04-17-2009 at 02:51 PM.

All League
    I could see them now going OL with their firsrt pick then taking the best pass rusher available at 28. There will be better pass rushers than tackles available there most likely.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I can see them going Michael Oher at 11 and Larry English at 28

All League
    I think it will

Oher at 11, Pettigrew at 28

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

One less Pro Bowler in our division for our pass rushers to have to contend with.

I just realized...

They're giving up the 28th, probably a 4th/5th and a 7th next year...

That's a lot of scratch...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I just realized...

They're giving up the 28th, probably a 4th/5th and a 7th next year...

That's a lot of scratch...
    It is, but they had that extra pick already, so why not spend it on a guy that can immediately come in and start, and probably at a high level at that? Peters is the kind of guy who will benefit from a change of scenery and could very well go back to the level he was playing at in 2007.

Pretty good move for the Eagles, IMO. And they still have #21 to get a guy like Pettigrew if they want

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    It is, but they had that extra pick already, so why not spend it on a guy that can immediately come in and start, and probably at a high level at that? Peters is the kind of guy who will benefit from a change of scenery and could very well go back to the level he was playing at in 2007.

Pretty good move for the Eagles, IMO. And they still have #21 to get a guy like Pettigrew if they want
    With Brent Celek there, I highly doubt they'd even consider Pettigrew as a real option...

If anything, they may be the team to grab DHB...

Banned
    They already have Schobel. It would make more sense for them to go LT since round 1 is loaded with good LT prospects.

Banned
    Peters himself was a UFDA I think...I don't think this makes LT automatic in the first.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    Peters himself was a UFDA I think...I don't think this makes LT automatic in the first.
    you don't hit the lottery twice

All Pro
    I strongly disagree. The difference between taking whose there at #11 (say Maybin, or even Brown) and somone at #28 (English, Johnson, Jerry, Sintim, Ayers) is debatable.
    The difference between Oher, or Smith, and taking a Beatty or Loadholt is massive. So ya, if Oher or Smith are there, i think it's as good as done.

Now, the ripple effect? minimal, but noteworthy. Any chance of Pettigrew going off the board before us is gone. More importantly, I think it moves the hand of WSH a touch. One less OT means WSH will might end up taking a guy like Matthews or Maybin whom a team like HOU or SD was targeting. Thus increasingly the likelyhood of Moreno being taking at #15 or #16.

So in summary. RBs might have just bumped up a spot or two.

All League
    exactly, especially considering Peters only played TE in college and converted to Tackle.

He played TE at like 295.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I strongly disagree. The difference between taking whose there at #11 (say Maybin, or even Brown) and somone at #28 (English, Johnson, Jerry, Sintim, Ayers) is debatable.
    The difference between Oher, or Smith, and taking a Beatty or Loadholt is massive. So ya, if Oher or Smith are there, i think it's as good as done.

Now, the ripple effect? minimal, but noteworthy. Any chance of Pettigrew going off the board before us is gone. More importantly, I think it moves the hand of WSH a touch. One less OT means WSH will might end up taking a guy like Matthews or Maybin whom a team like HOU or SD was targeting. Thus increasingly the likelyhood of Moreno being taking at #15 or #16.

So in summary. RBs might have just bumped up a spot or two.
    Okay, this is where we're going to have to agree to disagree...

You don't hold Brown as high on your draft board... Which is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion... But that plays into the overall picture of what you're saying...

I think there is immense talent and depth on the OL (The LT position is heavy early though) in this years draft...

Someone else mentioned Schobel, I hope that person also realizes the Bills were atrocious when it came to rushing the passer last season... Possibly dead last in the category?

It's not out of the realm of possibility to address either position, how about we leave it there

The addition of T.O completely drew them out of the receiver/TE race with their first pick also...

Banned
    Not unless you know what you're doing. I don't think finding good football players is anywhere near as hard as hitting the lottery.

That said, I didn't say their next LT would be an UFDA.

Veteran
    It's a good move for Buffalo. Peters will sign with Philly for less than the last offer Buffalo made him, so there was no way he was going to sign there. Buffalo did the right thing. He was one of the worst O-lineman in football last year. It is possible that Buffalo's O'line actually got better by losing Peters and Dockery. Between the two of them, they gave up something like 21 of the 38 sacks last year, and in the 3 games Peters was out, the Bills QBs were only sacked 4 times.

They got extra picks, which is what they need, and we'll see what happens...But, it's the Bills, so you know they are going to take someone completely dumb and off the radar with one of those picks... (i.e. McGahee, McCargo)