Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeman comeback Kansas State vs Oklahoma St

Freeman comeback Kansas State vs Oklahoma St

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON View Post
    On ESPN 1050 this morning Tanny references Freeman's rolling left throwing across his body throw (it's at the 1:00 mark on this video).

Needless to say Tanny had alot of positives comments about Freeman, as well as for Sanchez.

I'm frustrated that there are such minimal highlights for Josh Freeman (although it makes sense, as there were minimal highlights in his year). You can find breakdowns of Stafford and Sanchez that show every pass they threw in a particular game, but there is zero of that for Freeman.

And when a guy is completing 50.1% of his passes against the non D-IAA part of the schedule (169 of 337), you really need to see those incompletions.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    On ESPN 1050 this morning Tanny references Freeman's rolling left throwing across his body throw (it's at the 1:00 mark on this video).

Needless to say Tanny had alot of positives comments about Freeman, as well as for Sanchez.
    I saw that play and thought sack in the NFL

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanmac31 View Post
    I'm frustrated that there are such minimal highlights for Josh Freeman
    should tell you something....

(although it makes sense, as there were minimal highlights in his career).
    fixed.....

Hall Of Fame
    I have to agree with Casserly on this topic. Most players in this draft can come up with a great highlight clip or highlights from one game where they look great. They wouldn't be considered prospects if they didn't have some nice tape but one has to look at a lot of full games and see the best and worst of these guys.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    should tell you something....

fixed.....
    So I'm reading between the lines and gather you don't have great fondness for Freeman as a pick at 17, huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    So I'm reading between the lines and gather you don't have great fondness for Freeman as a pick at 17, huh?
    no reason to read between the lines- I think it is an insane pick @17 and will go on record as saying in the end I think he falls into the middle part of round two......

All League
    Here's a Freeman highlight video thats not on youtube:

http://imatopprospect.ning.com/video...ighlights-from

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dassassin View Post
    Here's a Freeman highlight video thats not on youtube:

http://imatopprospect.ning.com/video...ighlights-from
    Thanks dassassin. I also want to see move video of him. What I do like, whenever he rolls out of the pocket and throws on the run, he seems accurate and shows off his strong arm, something I don't think our current QB's are capable of or not very good at. Interesting, we'll see.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Thanks dassassin. I also want to see move video of him. What I do like, whenever he rolls out of the pocket and throws on the run, he seems accurate and shows off his strong arm, something I don't think our current QB's are capable of or not very good at. Interesting, we'll see.
    That's where I see the Big Ben comparison.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    no reason to read between the lines- I think it is an insane pick @17 and will go on record as saying in the end I think he falls into the middle part of round two......
    Noted for the record,but what happens if you're ultimately proven wrong.

Reminds me of that guy that came out of Central Florida some years ago.

This is how I see it with Freeman. He's definately a legitimate franchise QB prospect, but much more developmental then maybe even a Sanchez(who is very smooth and polished looking on just about everything he does, but lacks experience) It could take Freeman more then one year to be ready. And just because he has very good QB tools, there's no guarantee that he won't end up floundering in his performance over the next few years. There's a graveyard of promising young QBs that end up like that.

If the Jets braintrust(Tanny-Rex-Schotty-Cavanaugh-Etc.) trully feel, as a whole, that Freeman is too good to pass up, and not likely to be there at #52, then maybe they do take him. They'd have to feel he's way better then what they have now. Not marginally better, but more so that it's worth taking him in the first.

IMO, Tanny wouldn't risk taking a Freeman at #17, unless his new HC(Ryan) and the OC that was asked to stay on and signed to an extended contract(Schotty) are very enthusiastic to get Freeman. Which of course means that they don't have the confidence that Clemens or Ratliff can do it. Ryan seems genuine in his confidence that the jets can win with a dominating defense, and strong running game, behind KC-Ratty at QB.

I think Jets are going to give both KC and Ratty a chance to grab hold of the QB starting position; and if they both don't seem up to it, then target a Snead to draft next year.

So...I only get the feeling that the Jets are just performing their due diligence, and blowing smoke. More likely...they may be hoping to trade down and get some extra picks, especially for rounds 2-4.

I'm getting concerned about Ainge...just a hunch...that he may be imploding. If so, Jets may want to add a Rhett Bomar in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Noted for the record,but what happens if you're ultimately proven wrong.
    Then nothing. Then the world goes on. On the other hand, what happens if the Jets pick Freeman and he's proven right?

All Pro
    Then nothing. Then the world goes on. On the other hand, what happens if the Jets pick Freeman and he's proven right?
    According to this logic....the world ends?

Lol....+

No, then the franchise is stuck in Kyle Boller land for the next four years.

I'm sorry, I can't say that the argument that the team has to reach for a second round prospect because there's a chance he might be great has much merit. (Which is not to say that Freeman will go in the second round, although I don't think it's impossible. But he probably should, considering he completes 50.1% of his passes against D-IA competition.)

All Pro
    No, then the franchise is stuck in Kyle Boller land for the next four years.

I'm sorry, I can't say that the argument that the team has to reach for a second round prospect because there's a chance he might be great has much merit. (Which is not to say that Freeman will go in the second round, although I don't think it's impossible. But he probably should, considering he completes 50.1% of his passes against D-IA competition.)
    You like #s,so if your stats are correct,against whom did he get his average up to over 63% 2 yrs ago and to 59% last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    This is how I see it with Freeman. He's definately a legitimate franchise QB prospect, but much more developmental then maybe even a Sanchez(who is very smooth and polished looking on just about everything he does, but lacks experience) It could take Freeman more then one year to be ready. And just because he has very good QB tools, there's no guarantee that he won't end up floundering in his performance over the next few years. There's a graveyard of promising young QBs that end up like that.

If the Jets braintrust(Tanny-Rex-Schotty-Cavanaugh-Etc.) trully feel, as a whole, that Freeman is too good to pass up, and not likely to be there at #52, then maybe they do take him. They'd have to feel he's way better then what they have now. Not marginally better, but more so that it's worth taking him in the first.

IMO, Tanny wouldn't risk taking a Freeman at #17, unless his new HC(Ryan) and the OC that was asked to stay on and signed to an extended contract(Schotty) are very enthusiastic to get Freeman. Which of course means that they don't have the confidence that Clemens or Ratliff can do it. Ryan seems genuine in his confidence that the jets can win with a dominating defense, and strong running game, behind KC-Ratty at QB.

I think Jets are going to give both KC and Ratty a chance to grab hold of the QB starting position; and if they both don't seem up to it, then target a Snead to draft next year.

So...I only get the feeling that the Jets are just performing their due diligence, and blowing smoke. More likely...they may be hoping to trade down and get some extra picks, especially for rounds 2-4.

I'm getting concerned about Ainge...just a hunch...that he may be imploding. If so, Jets may want to add a Rhett Bomar in the later rounds.
    don't know Bomar will be available in those rounds and like the kid to surprise if you will.

-But my guess either way, as far as the Jets are concerned, is that we're trading up for Mark Sanchez.