Thread: Jets Mock Draft Picks

Hall Of Fame

Jets Mock Draft Picks

Never done this and no expert at all. All based on CBS Sports.com...

1st Freeman - QB - Sits behind Clemens in '09
    2nd - Trade out pick up a 3rd & 5th
    3rd Brandon Tate - WR - might not last until the 3rd?
    3rd Toler - CB - can never have enough CBs - Lowery a possibility for a move to S?
    4th Sammie Lee Hill NT - backs up Jenkins
    5th - Andrew Gardner - OT - coming off shoulder injury-developmental prospect
    6th - Zach Potter - DE - seems like a good 3-4 DE prospect-should be able to add 20 lbs.
    7th Andrew Davie - TE/LS - good blocker, hands & can LS

2010 draft used for RB, DE, LBs.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...s?&start_row=1

All League
    I've been working on one as well and had us trading out of the 2nd. I also had us taking Tate. Good job. We must think a like. Mine differs in the later rounds as I was choosing to concentrate on Special Teams and had us select the K from USC in the 5th. With a suspect offense and a great defense I was thinking about field position and a lot of tight games.

I like the Hill and Potter picks as well. I do think we should take a TE early (2-4) because of the lack of depth that we have. Who ever we get will log plenty of snaps.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I've been working on one as well and had us trading out of the 2nd. I also had us taking Tate. Good job. We must think a like. Mine differs in the later rounds as I was choosing to concentrate on Special Teams and had us select the K from USC in the 5th. With a suspect offense and a great defense I was thinking about field position and a lot of tight games.

I like the Hill and Potter picks as well. I do think we should take a TE early (2-4) because of the lack of depth that we have. Who ever we get will log plenty of snaps.
    Thanks. I'll be interested in seeing yours when you are done.

I was thinking of going Punter in the 6th or 7th but decided to hold off.

I don't understand trading out of the 2nd. That's where all the value is.

With players like Chung, Sintim, Gilbert, McCoy, Greene, and Donald Brown possibly available, trading out of the 2nd would be a really bad idea.

All League
    Really like the players you took, but i wouldnt trade out of round 2. Im not sure if Toler goes as high as RD 3. I havent been keeping my ear to the ground about how high hes climbing up the boards.

Hall Of Fame
    I like most of the players except Freeman.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    I don't understand trading out of the 2nd. That's where all the value is.

With players like Chung, Sintim, Gilbert, McCoy, Greene, and Donald Brown possibly available, trading out of the 2nd would be a really bad idea.
    I just liked the value of Toler, Tate and Hill, didn't think they were warranted at #52, and also wanted a 5th.

Like I said, I'm no expert and I was trying to fill needs with value.

And like I mentioned I would use '10 to go get a RB because:
    1-Jets still have Jones and Leon this year
    2-IMO RB is the easiest position for a rookie to come in and contribute. So '10 I would go high on a RB.

I debated on Gilbert but liked going Toler and Tate better and I liked what I read on Potter.

Again, I never saw these guys play so just going off their write ups and having alittle fun.

With the Leonhard sigining where would Chung play?

Sintim--I just feel the Jets have too much $$ tied up in LBs to go high this year. I also like the potential of Trusnik.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DE94Abraham View Post
    Really like the players you took, but i wouldnt trade out of round 2. Im not sure if Toler goes as high as RD 3. I havent been keeping my ear to the ground about how high hes climbing up the boards.
    Thanks. CBS has him #100.

3/31/2009 - Richmond Pro day: It isn't often that a prospect from St. Paul's College generates much attention heading into the draft ??? not a single player from the small Virginia school has ever been selected ??? but CB Greg Toler is changing that this year. He was recently mentioned in Steve Wyche's column highlighting small-school players to watch and he is capitalizing on his rising profile with some solid workouts. According to Wyche, he has drawn comparisons to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Toler performed in front of scouts on March 19 at Richmond's pro day and measured in at 5-foot-11, 191 pounds. There was a strong crosswind and the jumps were done after the position workouts due to rain. He ran a 4.50 and 4.45 in the 40, had a 33 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 8-inch broad jump, a 4.18 short shuttle, a 6.95 three-cone drill and did 13 bench press reps. More evidence on Toler's rapidly improving stock: five teams (Browns, Jets, Ravens, Redskins and Cardinals) have already worked him out privately and a sixth (the Patriots) is scheduled to do so Wednesday. ??? Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I just liked the value of Toler, Tate and Hill, didn't think they were warranted at #52, and also wanted a 5th.

Like I said, I'm no expert and I was trying to fill needs with value.

And like I mentioned I would use '10 to go get a RB because:
    1-Jets still have Jones and Leon this year
    2-IMO RB is the easiest position for a rookie to come in and contribute. So '10 I would go high on a RB.

I debated on Gilbert but liked going Toler and Tate better and I liked what I read on Potter.

Again, I never saw these guys play so just going off their write ups and having alittle fun.

With the Leonhard sigining where would Chung play?

Sintim--I just feel the Jets have too much $$ tied up in LBs to go high this year. I also like the potential of Trusnik.
    I like Toler and Tate, but neither has half the potential of Gilbert. We need help at 3-4 DE and Gilbert is just that.

I know people love him here, but Leohnard is not the long term answer at Safety. Leohnard is an average Safety and I expect him to be exposed a little without all that great talent around him. Chung is the best Safety in this Draft and would be a steal at 52. Him next to Rhodes is a magical duo.

Sintim, again, would be BPA. Brian Thomas is the most average player we have and Sintim could come in and play right away. You can never have enough pass rushers and adding a talent like Sintim gives us more flexibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    I like Toler and Tate, but neither has half the potential of Gilbert. We need help at 3-4 DE and Gilbert is just that.

I know people love him here, but Leohnard is not the long term answer at Safety. Leohnard is an average Safety and I expect him to be exposed a little without all that great talent around him. Chung is the best Safety in this Draft and would be a steal at 52. Him next to Rhodes is a magical duo.

Sintim, again, would be BPA. Brian Thomas is the most average player we have and Sintim could come in and play right away. You can never have enough pass rushers and adding a talent like Sintim gives us more flexibility.
    I also mentioned in taking Toler that Lowery could possibly move over to Safety. It sounds like Toler maybe be a better option at CB for the aggressive D Rex likes to play and Lowery might be better suited for S. It was just a thought.

As for the Thomas comment. I agree. Actually my long-term plan is Pace and Gholston (hopefully) become the starting OLBs. Trusnik develops as a backup and Thomas is traded (Cleveland?) in '10 (or cut) when hopefully his cap number allows for it.

I just also liked the writeup on Potter. He sounds like he could be a good prospect. Again, I had DE as a priority for next year (after RB). I think Douglas is going to help out at DE this year.

There was some method to my madness. But by no means is it right.