Thread: My first and only mock draft

Veteran

My first and only mock draft

Since, I signed up for the Mock draft contest....tell me what you guys think.

Round One

==
    01. Lions - Matt Stafford
    ==
    02. Rams - Eugene Monroe
    ==
    03. Chiefs - Aarron Curry
    ==
    04. Seahawks - Jason Smith
    ==
    05. Browns - BJ Raji
    ==
    06. Bengals - Michael Crabtree
    ==
    07. Raiders - Jeremy Maclin
    ==
    08. 49ers (trade with Jags) - Sanchez
    ==
    09. Packers - Brian Orapko
    ==
    10. Jags (trade with 49ers) - Andre Smith
    ==
    11. Bills - Robert Ayers
    ==
    12. Broncos - Tyson Jackson
    ==
    13. Redskins - Aaron Maybin
    ==
    14. Saints - Vontae Davis
    ==
    15. Lions (trade with Texans) - Michael Oher
    ==
    16. Chargers - Rey Maluaga
    ==
    17. Ny Jets - Knowshon Moreno
    ==
    18. Patriots (trade with Broncos) - Everrette Brown
    ==
    19. Buccaneers - Josh Freeman
    ==
    20. Texans (trade with Lions) - Clay Matthews
    ==
    21. Eagles - Chris Wells
    ==
    22. Giants (trade with Vikings) - Darius Heyward-Bey
    ==
    23. Broncos - Brian Cushing
    ==
    24. Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew
    ==
    25. Dolphins - Malcolm Jenkins
    ==
    26. Ravens - Kenny Britt
    ==
    27. Colts - William Beatty
    ==
    28. Bills - Eben Britton
    ==
    29. Vikings (trade with Giants) - Alex Mack
    ==
    30. Titans - Darius Butler
    ==
    31. Cardinals - Alphonso Smith
    ==
    32. Steelers - Max Unger

All League
    I like the fact that you got creative with the trades but I can't see how Minny trades down with WRs still on the board. That is probably the only position they need to come away with in this entire draft.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    Since, I signed up for the Mock draft contest....tell me what you guys think.

Round One

==
    01. Lions - Matt Stafford
    ==
    02. Rams - Eugene Monroe
    ==
    03. Chiefs - Aarron Curry
    ==
    04. Seahawks - Jason Smith
    ==
    05. Browns - BJ Raji
    ==
    06. Bengals - Michael Crabtree
    ==
    07. Raiders - Jeremy Maclin
    ==
    08. 49ers (trade with Jags) - Sanchez
    ==
    09. Packers - Brian Orapko
    ==
    10. Jags (trade with 49ers) - Andre Smith
    ==
    11. Bills - Robert Ayers
    ==
    12. Broncos - Tyson Jackson
    ==
    13. Redskins - Aaron Maybin
    ==
    14. Saints - Vontae Davis
    ==
    15. Lions (trade with Texans) - Michael Oher
    ==
    16. Chargers - Rey Maluaga
    ==
    17. Ny Jets - Knowshon Moreno
    ==
    18. Patriots (trade with Broncos) - Everrette Brown
    ==
    19. Buccaneers - Josh Freeman
    ==
    20. Texans (trade with Lions) - Clay Matthews
    ==
    21. Eagles - Chris Wells
    ==
    22. Giants (trade with Vikings) - Darius Heyward-Bey
    ==
    23. Broncos - Brian Cushing
    ==
    24. Falcons - Brandon Pettigrew
    ==
    25. Dolphins - Malcolm Jenkins
    ==
    26. Ravens - Kenny Britt
    ==
    27. Colts - William Beatty
    ==
    28. Bills - Eben Britton
    ==
    29. Vikings (trade with Giants) - Alex Mack
    ==
    30. Titans - Darius Butler
    ==
    31. Cardinals - Alphonso Smith
    ==
    32. Steelers - Max Unger
    I don't see Davis going before Jenkins, but the rest is at least plausible. I'll be very unhappy if we end up with Moreno. Probably the position of least need on the Jets right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vinluvr View Post
    I don't see Davis going before Jenkins, but the rest is at least plausible. I'll be very unhappy if we end up with Moreno. Probably the position of least need on the Jets right now.
    How can you say that.

Thomas Jones is making hold out sounds and our coach has made it clear from day one that he does not reneg existing deals. After Washington (a part time back) we have a whole lot of ???

Thomas Jones is a prime candidate to get cut next year for cap reasons.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I like the fact that you got creative with the trades but I can't see how Minny trades down with WRs still on the board. That is probably the only position they need to come away with in this entire draft.
    My thinking was with the extra picks they picked up, they would trade up into the 2nd round and pick upa Nicks type WR.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    My thinking was with the extra picks they picked up, they would trade up into the 2nd round and pick upa Nicks type WR.
    In mine, I had Tennessee doing the same thing so good point.

To back up your selection of Moreno, I do think RB is a high area of need, specifically with our passing game issues. Regardless of what we do in the first two rounds, Rex is going to have to run the ball effectively and a lot. Going into this with Jones and Washington alone could be dangerous.

I do like Caulcrick a bunch though. But Moreno is a Jets fan too!

All League
    wow, with all the trades in here, there must be a nice batch of Kush going around long island

All Pro
    quick thoughts,
    I don't think CIN covets anything more than an OT at the moment.

Multiple sources stated that SF was not interested in a QB this year, and i believe them.

I like your trades, i think some are a reach, but there's some merit in the ones you've listed.

-MIN signed a Center (name eludes me), can't see mack being the pick, however I do know they really want an OT, they would take Britton or Beatty long before a WR. ...you know they do have Berrian, Rice, and Jones.. Thats about 3x the talent right there than our entire WR corps.. I don't where you guys are getting this idea that they are desperate at WR. Rice half blew his knee in week 2. He should have a good year in '09. Do they want to add some more talent? sure. 1st rounder? hardly.

-If Oher slipped to BUF, then you have to think they'll take him. They just ditched peters. Much better chance of finding a good pass rusher at #28 than a OT.

-I'm pretty sure IND is a lock to take a DT. Jerry or Hood. whomever's left.

Other than those it's pretty strong overall. Fairly reasonable picks despite my disagreements. Should score well in our contest

Practice Squad

upon further review

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    How can you say that.

Thomas Jones is making hold out sounds and our coach has made it clear from day one that he does not reneg existing deals. After Washington (a part time back) we have a whole lot of ???

Thomas Jones is a prime candidate to get cut next year for cap reasons.
    My thinking was, the need for a RB is just speculation at the point: TJ is still part of the team. His moaning about his contract is just, well, moaning. He has no leverage. If the Jets decide to cut him after the season for cap reasons, that's their choice, but they don't have to do it. Meanwhile, they have true already-existing holes at a number of positions, including TE (disclaimer: i am not a member of the Pettigrew Crew), WR, QB, and that's just on offense.

However, all that has changed, hence my use in the first sentence of the word "was".

I live in Chicago, and tonight I went out with some guys from NY, one of whom was mentioning that his son might attend the draft on Saturday because a friend and former HS teammate of his was going to be drafted. I asked who, expecting to hear the name of some scrub lineman projected to be a 7th round candidate for Mr. Irrelevant, and he said "Knowshown Moreno". Well, that got my attention, and he went on to talk about how KM is just an absolute legend back in his NJ hometown, in Georgia, and basically anywhere he goes. "He's the best backyard volleyball player I've ever seen" was one, along with "he can't go out without his hoodie, because he is mobbed everywhere he goes" and "he's the real deal, he carried his HS team to 4 state championships and they've struggled ever since he left, etc."

He also spoke about KM's family situation, and the fact he was raised by his grandmother, who was a real old school hard ass lady, and how KM is your honest-to-goodness humble All-American. Great freakin' story!

That's good enough for me. This franchise needs a fresh face and a guy that can put the team on his back and carry it in the right direction. It's a very intellectual exercise to talk about BPA and need, etc., but football is an emotional game, and it sounds like this guy could really catalyze the team. Hometown kid who came out of a challenging situation to become a superstar. I'm on board with Knowshon.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    quick thoughts,

-I'm pretty sure IND is a lock to take a DT. Jerry or Hood. whomever's left.
    I agree with a lot of your guesses, but I think IND is a real chance to replace Marvin Harrison with a top WR talent. I think Harvin was and continues to be a possibility despite the drug test, and then you have the whole range of 2nd tier WRs (Britt, Nicks, Robiskie) as possibilities.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vinluvr View Post
    I agree with a lot of your guesses, but I think IND is a real chance to replace Marvin Harrison with a top WR talent. I think Harvin was and continues to be a possibility despite the drug test, and then you have the whole range of 2nd tier WRs (Britt, Nicks, Robiskie) as possibilities.
    bah, WR a need in IND? maybe, but nowhere near 1st priority IMO. Manning won't be breaking anymore records at this age, IND needs to support Manning and the offense with a better defense than in the past. They are transparent at DT.

Wayne, Gonzalez, Clarke, Hall and whomever else steps up will be serviceable, but i do like them to take a RB like Jennings in the 2nd or 3rd.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    bah, WR a need in IND? maybe, but nowhere near 1st priority IMO. Manning won't be breaking anymore records at this age, IND needs to support Manning and the offense with a better defense than in the past. They are transparent at DT.

Wayne, Gonzalez, Clarke, Hall and whomever else steps up will be serviceable, but i do like them to take a RB like Jennings in the 2nd or 3rd.
    WR wasn't a need when they took Wayne OR Gonzalez. They know the strength of the team is their passing game. Polian has illustrated over the past ten years that he intends to keep it that way. Plus, the way the board may fall, WR will probably be BAP when they pick.