Thread: Bills looking to move up for Andre Smith?

Bills looking to move up for Andre Smith?

http://buf.scout.com/2/859364.html

If the Bills do this they've essentially traded Jason Peters for a less agile tackle with serious off the field issues. No doubt Smith could be one of the premier tackles in the NFL some day but this stupid on so many levels for the Bills considering the state of their defensive line. Works for us though.

All Pro
    ya true.. but you've grossly over simplified the whole picture. They've (peters and buf) be at each others throats for a while, clearly not getting along. Ever had a girlfriend you want to choke?

they did collect a first round pick outta of the deal, and While Andre's meltdown is most certainly worth discussing, i'm getting the impression from everything i read that part of it was marturity, and part of it was possibly just lack of good coaching and support off the field. These guys are under alot of pressure and in spotlight. if you don't have a strong character support system in your life, sh*t happens man. I work in related fields so i see it happen alot.
    anyways. the kid has disgustingly good potential. he's worth the risk IMO

Veteran
    Bottom line is that Andre Smith is better than Peters...best OT in the draft IMO. Prior to a couple dumb moves this past feb...he could very well have been the #1 overall pick....he's that good.

Banned
    It'll be hilarious if the Lions take Staff at #1 and none of the top OT's are left by 20. He's going to get raped behind that OL next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ya true.. but you've grossly over simplified the whole picture. They've (peters and buf) be at each others throats for a while, clearly not getting along. Ever had a girlfriend you want to choke?

they did collect a first round pick outta of the deal, and While Andre's meltdown is most certainly worth discussing, i'm getting the impression from everything i read that part of it was marturity, and part of it was possibly just lack of good coaching and support off the field. These guys are under alot of pressure and in spotlight. if you don't have a strong character support system in your life, sh*t happens man. I work in related fields so i see it happen alot.
    anyways. the kid has disgustingly good potential. he's worth the risk IMO
    Not disagreeing with you, I just thought it was weird that the Bills would create a hole and then try to trade up five spots to fill it. This probably means that Schobel isn't going to get any help on that D-Line and they'll still have holes at the LB and FS positions. Smith could be an amazing tackle for them but Peters already was until the holdout started.