Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How About A Late Round QB?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244

    How About A Late Round QB?

    Curtis Painter was Dustin Keller's QB at Purdue. Even though he had a highly mediocre senior season, I believe he's got the physical tools to be a solid pro (with some seasoning). What do you guys think of taking a flyer on him if he's around toward the end of the draft?

    http://draftguys.com/index.php/artic...-_qb_-_purdue/

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    No thanks. We already have Ainge, Clemens, and Ratliff.. we want someone better than them.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,825
    If they want to. Theres probably better uses but w/e.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    No thanks. We already have Ainge, Clemens, and Ratliff.. we want someone better than them.
    In time, Painter might be. I'm not sold enough on anyone in this draft to spend an early pick on them. Right now, I'm all for letting our existing frontrunners battle it out for the starting job (IMO - Ainge is replaceable on the roster). By bringing in an undrafted FA or low round draft pick, there is no risk involved. Painter has great arm strength and an extremely quick release. He also had a great junior year with Dustin Keller as his primary target. Why not?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    In time, Painter might be. I'm not sold enough on anyone in this draft to spend an early pick on them. Right now, I'm all for letting our existing frontrunners battle it out for the starting job (IMO - Ainge is replaceable on the roster). By bringing in an undrafted FA or low round draft pick, there is no risk involved. Painter has great arm strength and an extremely quick release. He also had a great junior year with Dustin Keller as his primary target. Why not?
    I would take him or Drew Willy...Im not really sure why he is projected so late. I have watched almost every game of his and Im a huge fan. I think he is a great decition maker (25 TD's, 5 INTs this year), he has arm strength - playing in Buffalo is no easy task if you've been to that stadium you would know, hes had lots of game experience, and a high completion percentage. He has also faced quite a few top 25 teams so he has faced some good level of competition.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    This team would be retarded if they took another garbage QB in the 6th round.

    There's absolutely no logic in that unless, for some reason, they think he's a future starter. Only problem with that theory is, there won't be any future starters available in the 6th round.

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    This team would be retarded if they took another garbage QB in the 6th round.

    There's absolutely no logic in that unless, for some reason, they think he's a future starter. Only problem with that theory is, there won't be any future starters available in the 6th round.
    That's right, because after the Patriots drafted Tom Brady, the NFL declared "that's it--no more starting QBs in the 6th."

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by vinluvr View Post
    That's right, because after the Patriots drafted Tom Brady, the NFL declared "that's it--no more starting QBs in the 6th."
    When your team already has two low round picks and no true starter at QB, you don't draft another low round guy.

    For every Tom Brady there are dozens Kliff Kingsburrys -- selling used Chryslers. But don't let that stop you... keep rubbing that lamp. 3rd times a charm, right?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,839
    Painter is gong to get drafted in the 4th or 5th rds. Watch!! He is going to be a steal for someone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us