Thread: Mark Sanchez ALL PASS ATTEMPTS USC vs PSU 2008 / 2009 Rose Bowl

Mark Sanchez ALL PASS ATTEMPTS USC vs PSU 2008 / 2009 Rose Bowl

All Pro
    we got our guy JJ-it's a great day to be a Jets fan

Thumbs up

A great day...2 notes, he stands very upright when he throws, and he doesnt really step (forward) into his throws. He is all-arm, not enough body follow-thru. Our QB coach needs to work on these with him.

Thanks for that. It made me a happy Jets fan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What really sold me on Sanchez months ago was his pocket presence.

He doesn't get flustered when pressure is in his face and he knows how to move around and evade the blitz.

I really think after all these years of waiting, we finally got our guy.

Banned
    I made a thread last night over a JN with the same exact youtuve video of Sanchez against PSU during the ROSE BOWL game and you know what? At the time I made that thread, I had NO IDEA that the Jets would really draft Mark Sanchez, I thought we had NO CHANCE @ this guy...I just wanted to post that video because the kid is amazing...He's like a MACHINE out there, he Doesn't make many mistakes.

Watch that video, study is...Pay attention to this video Jet fans... Sanchez has quick feet and can escape the pressure because he has really good mobility. He has a STRONG arm and I'm NOT talking about the last TD bomb that he threw on that video, I'm talking about the passes down field...He gets the ball to his WR's before the defenders have a chance to read and react. He also does a GREAT job of finding the checkdown RB/TE in the flats

wow, Im shocked we landed this man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Four touchdowns in the biggest game of the year. Winning the Rose Bowl is a huge deal for USC, and Sanchez delivered.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    A great day...2 notes, he stands very upright when he throws, and he doesnt really step (forward) into his throws. He is all-arm, not enough body follow-thru. Our QB coach needs to work on these with him.
    Matt Cavanaugh will be working with him Badniss

JJ....you're the man

Tanny-Rex-Schotty-Etc obviously are very high on Sanchez to make this bold move. IMO...he's going to be a great one. I just hope they don't rush him.

I've got this Penn St. game, also have a DVD of the Ohio State game. I'm going to watch them again later.

I'm sure Joe Willie is smiling about this pick Simms loves(no homo) Sanchez too.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Where's the clown that said you can't find a clip of him hitting a receiver in stride?

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets View Post
    we got our guy JJ-it's a great day to be a Jets fan

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY JOHNSON View Post

+

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Four touchdowns in the biggest game of the year. Winning the Rose Bowl is a huge deal for USC, and Sanchez delivered.
    Exactly, and it wasn't even close...That PSU Defense (Which was really good) Had NO Answer for the way Mark Sanchez was moving that USC Offense down the field with each and every drive. He's like a machine out there once he gets in the zone and I'm just in love with the fact that the Jets actually have a Franchise QB to build this Offense around because our Defense should be solid for years to come.

But you know what I love about Sanchez? His heart and leadership ability. He also puts in WORK off the field with X's and O's and I've heard that he's ALWAYS trying to LEARN the game and improve with the mental part of the game. He also plays the game with a fire thats 2nd to none, kind of like a Brett Favre, the kid plays with a Fire that can pump up the whole Offense

i like this move. We may not have a great WR but we have good ones and if Sanchez becomes agreat player he will make his WR's look like stars. Granted we are likely going to address the WR position between this draft and the next one but for now Crotch, Keller, Jones and Washington with Smith and Stuckey should be able to get us some points with Sanchez leading the huddle...
    dude has "it" he has a presence thats not forced.
    Tanny really did good and honestly if Mangini was here I think we'd be playing it safe...seems like Rex and Tanny will bring out the best in each other.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I made a thread last night over a JN with the same exact youtuve video of Sanchez against PSU during the ROSE BOWL game and you know what? At the time I made that thread, I had NO IDEA that the Jets would really draft Mark Sanchez, I thought we had NO CHANCE @ this guy...I just wanted to post that video because the kid is amazing...He's like a MACHINE out there, he Doesn't make many mistakes.

Watch that video, study is...Pay attention to this video Jet fans... Sanchez has quick feet and can escape the pressure because he has really good mobility. He has a STRONG arm and I'm NOT talking about the last TD bomb that he threw on that video, I'm talking about the passes down field...He gets the ball to his WR's before the defenders have a chance to read and react. He also does a GREAT job of finding the checkdown RB/TE in the flats

wow, Im shocked we landed this man.
    I commented on that video in the thread you made. That was around the time I began to turn around and believe Sanchez was the best QB in this draft. I'm not totally sold on him but I love his pocket presence, his poise and accuracy. And for what we gave up to get this guy? I'm so glad. This could hopefully be a trademark day for this franchise.

Veteran
    Nice clips I am impressed!! This just might be the steal of the draft