Thread: The future of the Jets is bright

Veteran

The future of the Jets is bright

Some are complaining about what the Jets did in the draft this weekend. But the way I see it we have positioned ourselves to build a really good offense for the future. We are a team that is still young and just at the beginning of something that could end up really special if the pieces stay in place. Look at the youth movement on our current offense.

QB Sanchez 22
    RB Leon 26
    RB Greene 24
    WR Cotchery 26
    WR Stuckey 25
    WR Clowney 23
    TE Keller 24
    LT D'Brick 25
    C Mangold 25
    G Moore 28

The only key older players on our offense are Faneca, Woody and TJ. The Jets are not a win now team (although we could). This is a team that has a bright future. None of the core players of the offense are near 30.

Now look at defense

Rhodes- 26
    Revis- 23
    Leonhard- 26
    Jenkins- 29
    Harris- 25
    Gholston- 22
    Pace- 28
    Scott- 28
    Sheppard- 28
    Lowery- 23

Again, most of the core is under 30 (besides Ellis). I think these guys are talented and some have not even reached their highest potential. Look at how young this team is and all the quality players Tannenbaum has brought in on BOTH sides of the ball. This could be something really special in the next few years for the Jets.

All League
    I agree with what your saying for the most part but I cant help but to be concerned about overall depth on this team

All League
    Agreed, we are in pretty decent shape. Pretty far from a championship caliber team but it could be a lot worse. The key is despite all the big ticket acquisitions, Tannenbaum does a great job of leaving us in good cap shape. The issue is not really the starters for the most part but the depth. I would like to see them start adding more youth and depth to both lines and I'll start to feel even better about the team overall.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    Some are complaining about what the Jets did in the draft this weekend. But the way I see it we have positioned ourselves to build a really good offense for the future. We are a team that is still young and just at the beginning of something that could end up really special if the pieces stay in place. Look at the youth movement on our current offense.

QB Sanchez 22
    RB Leon 26
    RB Greene 24
    WR Cotchery 26
    WR Stuckey 25
    WR Clowney 23
    TE Keller 24
    LT D'Brick 25
    C Mangold 25
    G Moore 28

The only key older players on our offense are Faneca, Woody and TJ. The Jets are not a win now team (although we could). This is a team that has a bright future. None of the core players of the offense are near 30.

Now look at defense

Rhodes- 26
    Revis- 23
    Leonhard- 26
    Jenkins- 29
    Harris- 25
    Gholston- 22
    Pace- 28
    Scott- 28
    Sheppard- 28
    Lowery- 23

Again, most of the core is under 30 (besides Ellis). I think these guys are talented and some have not even reached their highest potential. Look at how young this team is and all the quality players Tannenbaum has brought in on BOTH sides of the ball. This could be something really special in the next few years for the Jets.

Add to the fact htat it is very difficult to find a potential FRANCHISE QB

Could be the brightest future in the NFL. Weve still gotta pray that Sanches develops though (fingers crossed)

Banned
    Great thread. We have some of the best young talent in the game today and when looking @ teams around the NFL...It's pretty hard to find a team that has as much young talent as the Jets.

The Jets are the FUTURE of the AFC East.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Great thread. We have some of the best young talent in the game today and when looking @ teams around the NFL...It's pretty hard to find a team that has as much young talent as the Jets.

The Jets are the FUTURE of the AFC East.
    Until Brady and BB hangs them up, the Jets will play second fiddle to the Pats in the AFCE for years to come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Until Brady and BB hangs them up, the Jets will play second fiddle to the Pats in the AFCE for years to come.
    Brady may NEVER be the QB that he once was. It's sad but it could be true, the man may never be the same.

You know whats great though? Teams like the Jets and Giants will always be teams that players wanna play for and you know why? Because stars are born in New York City and I cant wait for King James to join the Knicks. New York, the melting pot of America.

NE? lol, is that even a state? The last time I checked, NE was simply a region somewhere in the North East.

Put it this way...Boston will ALWAYS play second fiddle to NEW YORK.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 04-27-2009 at 07:28 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Add to the fact htat it is very difficult to find a potential FRANCHISE QB
    It's easy to find a potential frachise QB, and the Jets did that.

It's a lot harder to find a franchise QB. Remains to be seen if the Jets did that.

All League
    Brady may NEVER be the QB that he once was. It's sad but it could be true, the man may never be the same.

You know whats great though? Teams like the Jets and Giants will always be teams that players wanna play for and you know why? Because stars are born in New York City and I cant wait for King James to join the Knicks. New York, the melting pot of America.

NE? lol, is that even a state? The last time I checked, NE was simply a region somewhere in the North East.

Put it this way...Boston will ALWAYS play second fiddle to NEW YORK.
    Theres a better chance that Sanchez will never be a franchise qb than there is Brady will slip much.

And, quick, name the last bigtime FA that turned down an offer to play for the pats to join the jets? Matt Chatham?

As to the Boston NY comparision? You seem to be living in the last century. They've been playing second fiddle for the best part of a decade to all the Boston franchises.

JetsInsider.com Legend

You know whats great though? Teams like the Jets and Giants will always be teams that players wanna play for and you know why?
    That's funny, because the Jets will always be 2nd fiddle in New York to the Giants.

With the Jets history, why would players want to play for that sorry organization?

All League
    Those skinflute players from Boston* surely reminded me Soviet and Eastern German regimes who profess their sport achievement as their greatness - while shooting their own citizens in a back when they were trying to escape.
    Poor chowfags. They think that all sport victories* (the cheated ones no need to apply) and city-wide Gay-pride parades somehow will make their boring and pompous city of losers important.