Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacman on Jets' Radar...Is this a F'n Joke

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket

Pacman on Jets' Radar...Is this a F'n Joke

Pacman On Jetsí Radar
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 9, 2009, 5:51 p.m. EDT

The New York Jets are quietly showing interest in trouble-prone former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Pacman Jones and are biding their time before potentially acquiring him, according to Calvin Watkins of AOL Sports Fanhouse.

Per the report, Jonesí agent, Worrick Robinson, said that he is working on getting Jones a new NFL gig by training camp. However, Robinson declined to say which teams are interested in the former West Virginia sta.

One door that appears to be definitely slammed shut on Jones: the Dallas Cowboys.

Robinson issued a one-word reply when asked if Dallas might want to give Jones another chance. The answer: No.

And that might be the stance for several NFL teams given Jonesí propensity for off-field drama. That said, talent tends to trump character concerns in several cases and Jones definitely has a lot of ability

This is the craziest thing i have read all day!

Hall Of Fame
    We should sign Pacman and Plax and give them their own reality show.

Veteran
    No.

Hall Of Fame
    Why??? Wasnt he terrible with the Cowboys? This makes no sense what so ever.

All League
    Sad thing is, Pacman is better than anything w e have, asides from #24

pacquiao = the only pacman. don't EVER forget that.

All Pro
    so we see what rex can do with him.. sign him for a year... its either good or cut... he has great physical talents... why nottt

All Pro
    hell give me Vick, Plex & Pacman

All Pro
    Ugh. Just say no.

Jones was the most consistent cover corner for the Cowboys last year when he was starting, and if Rex thinks he can keep his ego in check and his aggression on the field then he could be a solid pickup for the Jets. He didn't record an interception last year though and probably won't be the same threat for us that he was for the Titans if we sign him.

All Pro
    Well if it's Pacman "talent wise" from the Titans than I say yes, if it's Pacman from the Cowboys then Hell No!! Only problem is he will have a hard time staying out of trouble in NYC!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    hell... Yeah.....!
    Crazy MFs in NYC!
    Luv IT!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    We should sign Pacman and Plax and give them their own reality show.
    =============================================

You have a wonderful mind.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Sad thing is, Pacman is better than anything w e have, asides from #24
    He just wasnt really that good last season...and he will prob end up shooting himself like plax IMO...but if rex thinks he can do something with him...im in

Veteran
    vick ok

plax ok

pacman... r u effing kidding me?

Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    vick ok

plax ok

i dont think vic will play anywhere for a while...he killed dogs in a the most brutal fashion and NY has a lot of dog lovers...thats not good PR

Banned
    Revis
    Jones
    Sheppard
    Lowery

With Rhodes as our safety? Are you kidding me? Elite.

This man has had a horrid attitude since being drafted into the league but you know what? He could push our secondary over the top and as a Jets fan, it's worth the risk. It's not like his previous off the field problems will affect this Jets Defense and if he messes up again, guess what?

Revis
    Sheppard
    Lowery

Nothing changed and dont give me this "Cancer" in the locker room because thats not the case with Pacman Jones. Pacman has been a cancer to his NFl career along with his family but thats about it.

He's only 25 years of age and if he gets his act togher (Off the field) we could be elite. Chances are...He WILL mess up again but as a Jets fan, it's worth the risk because he's an elite CB.

Jones does give us something our other corners don't right now (Revis exempt, he does everything ), big time speed. Jones runs a 4.24 forty yard dash, and considering he was out of football for a whole year he did well enough to start the first six games of the season on a team with the 5th ranked pass defense. With the right attitude and proper conditioning (there's the BIG if) he could become a real weapon for this defense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    vick ok

plax ok

Vick used, abused, tortured and killed innocent dogs if they "Lost" a fight. Vick is an EVIL person, Pacman Jones isn't.

I typically am very careful of overly inflammatory positons, but the man who Jone's posse shot and paralyzed is from Long Island. I played HS football with him. Due to Jone's criminal actions, both in the strip club and afterwards when he could have walked away, Tom Urbanski will likely never walk again.

The man is trash. I don't care what kind of talent he has. It is a slap in the face to this family and our communities to consider signing him. I'd take loosing with Mangini's guys over winning with Jones in a heartbeat.

I hope this is merely rumor and not a sign of the direction that the Jets are going in an attempt to win. I'm a lifelong Jets fan, but it would end the day they sign this scum!