Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DE Brian Schaefering 6'5 295-300 lbs.

All Pro

DE Brian Schaefering 6'5 295-300 lbs.

Does anyone have anything on him?? I know He is 25 yrs old and this is his 1st yr in the Nfl. Revis is 23 yrs old and he is in his 3rd yr. This guy looks like a BEAST in the video i've seen of him..

Rookie

A look at our starting DE !!!

Rookie

He was in high demand,just look at all the people at his pro day!

Veteran

Arrow

What school did he go to? And when?

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Does anyone have anything on him?? I know He is 25 yrs old and this is his 1st yr in the Nfl. Revis is 23 yrs old and he is in his 3rd yr. This guy looks like a BEAST in the video i've seen of him..

I looked him up. Started playing at Univ of Illinois in 2002. No stats. Got put on academic probation, dropped out, worked for a living for a couple years, played semi pro and used up his eligibility at Lindenwold University (never heard of it). UDFA by the Browns in 2008, cut signed by the Jets. No idea of his talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I looked him up. Started playing at Univ of Illinois in 2002. No stats. Got put on academic probation, dropped out, worked for a living for a couple years, played semi pro and used up his eligibility at Lindenwold University (never heard of it). UDFA by the Browns in 2008, cut signed by the Jets. No idea of his talent.
    That's the same school that Derrick Ward went to...It's the HACC..

Banned
    wow, did the Jets really sign this guy? Enough with the "Jets lack the DE deph" Because this guy looks like a Beast and could be a freaking freak of nature for the next 5 years. Look @ that video, normal athletes who are about 300 pounds don't move like that, he's explosive.

Veteran
    I hope to gosh that we've signed him to a long term contract.

If that youtube video ever gets out, you *know* he'll be getting multi-million guaranteed deals immediately.

I bet this is one of the reasons we were comfortable giving up Kenyon Coleman. In fact, people are assuming Douglas is going to start in his place. But I bet the coaching staff is just waiting for this dude to show up in camp and confirm what they saw on youtube - and it's probably his starting job to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post

If that youtube video ever gets out, you *know* he'll be getting multi-million guaranteed deals immediately.

I bet this is one of the reasons we were comfortable giving up Kenyon Coleman. In fact, people are assuming Douglas is going to start in his place. But I bet the coaching staff is just waiting for this dude to show up in camp and confirm what they saw on youtube - and it's probably his starting job to lose.
    Let's put it this way - the Jets have Ellis and Douglas. OK to start. Devito is there, Anthony Harris from rookie mini camp (signed), Pitoitua and Schaefering.
    They will probably keep 4 on the 53 man roster. The guy has a high motor. There is nothing wrong with being a reserve. Players need a rest. Even if he doesn't start, Ellis is getting up there in age.

Banned

I agree with you, that was nothing more than just a youtbue video, but still...It just goes to show how much of a talent this man is. Jet fans were PUMPED UP about Jarron Gilbert because he jumped out of a pool, big deal...Something tells me that Jarron Gillber couldn't do what Brian Schaefering just did in that workout, with those types of times.

And Gilbert ain't the only one who's jumped out of a pool before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDC9p_SRrxQ

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    wow, did the Jets really sign this guy? Enough with the "Jets lack the DE deph" Because this guy looks like a Beast and could be a freaking freak of nature for the next 5 years. Look @ that video, normal athletes who are about 300 pounds don't move like that, he's explosive.
    Well, there you go. DL depth resolved by signing this beast.

Note to tanny - if you're raiding the 'replacements' roster, I'd go for the insane prison guard.

Hall Of Fame

I agree with you, that was nothing more than just a youtbue video, but still...It just goes to show how much of a talent this man is. Jet fans were PUMPED UP about Jarron Gilbert because he jumped out of a pool, big deal...Something tells me that Jarron Gillber couldn't do what Brian Schaefering just did in that workout, with those types of times.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    yes....marginal at best...

I watched a decent amount of film on him in the run up to the '08 draft but thought nothing of him....tall, thin d-lineman who really did not dominate on film the way a D-IA guy moving way down in competition should....there was never really any single outstanding trait to his game you need to see from a guy at that level....

his upside is his frame and growth potential....

Ropati Pitoitua is one guy I want to see, also like Zach Potter a lot, just look at the game he had in Texas vs Nation gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xowZx8Kcp4w... the guy was all over the place:

Veteran
    Some of the posts in this thread have to be jokes.

Veteran

Arrow

Zach Potter can make this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    I would hope they are joking.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    I'll go with what Rex see's in BIG#72.. No Joke!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Let's put it this way - the Jets have Ellis and Douglas. OK to start. Devito is there, Anthony Harris from rookie mini camp (signed), Pitoitua and Schaefering.
    They will probably keep 4 on the 53 man roster. The guy has a high motor. There is nothing wrong with being a reserve. Players need a rest. Even if he doesn't start, Ellis is getting up there in age.
    How in the world do you know this guy has a high motor?? Or can even compete at the NFL level.....and your giving him a sure fire roster spot based on a work out video. Amazing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    yes....marginal at best...

I watched a decent amount of film on him in the run up to the '08 draft but thought nothing of him....tall, thin d-lineman who really did not dominate on film the way a D-IA guy moving way down in competition should....there was never really any single outstanding trait to his game you need to see from a guy at that level....

his upside is his frame and growth potential....
    So what are you saying, we have to wait until 2010 for ProBowl?