Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plaxico's the guy the Jets want...

Plaxico's the guy the Jets want...

something tells me we are going to wait him out and sign him, in the meantime we'll go with the Stuckey, Clowney, Smith trio next to Cotch.
    \o cvb,.
    "

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    something tells me we are going to wait him out and sign him, in the meantime we'll go with the Stuckey, Clowney, Smith trio next to Cotch.
    \o cvb,.
    "
    Thanks for this important update on your musings .

Dump.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post

Dump.
    This is a messageboard for these types of discussions. If you don't agree you can either explain why, or don't participate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally don't like Plax, but it seems all the good WRs are flaky. Let's see how much his legal, attitude and injury issues allow him to participate. One thing is clear, there needs to be a move made here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    This is a messageboard for these types of discussions. If you don't agree you can either explain why, or don't participate.
    The thread title is misleading, people shouldn't make titles that are matter-of-fact when it's just their opinion, period. That is poor netiquette .

Talking

WR's are flakey?
    LOL.

T.O. , Randy Moss , Lav Coles , Plax Burress , Ochie Sinko ,...Holy Cow!
    What a group!

All Pro
    with the fact he probably won't be able to even play till late in the season... i don't buy it at all.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    WR's are flakey?
    LOL.

T.O. , Randy Moss , Lav Coles , Plax Burress , Ochie Sinko ,...Holy Cow!
    What a group!
    Only the good ones, badd. You were just an average Joe.

Of course, us linemen think all the backs are whack.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Only the good ones, badd. You were just an average Joe.

Of course, us linemen think all the backs are whack.
    lol, i misread that as a racist statement. i had to stop and be like, "what the...???"

\o cvb,.
    "
    If you want plaxico burress playing for the Jets than your probably going to have to wait for 2010 season at the very least. There is a reason Giants cut bait because likely hood of him not serving some jail time(at least a year) and not getting suspended probably eight games is not very good.

Jets will go with what they have at Wr and address that position(wr) very early in next year draft.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    lol, i misread that as a racist statement. i had to stop and be like, "what the...???"
    Now if baddniss were black, he'd have a better chance at being flaky.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    If you want plaxico burress playing for the Jets than your probably going to have to wait for 2010 season at the very least. There is a reason Giants cut bait because likely hood of him not serving some jail time(at least a year) and not getting suspended probably eight games is not very good.

Jets will go with what they have at Wr and address that position(wr) very early in next year draft.
    or maybe take a flyer on DHB, whom will probably be cut next offseason.

Plax might get off and get 5 years probation, this has already been speculated, then it would be up to Goodell to let him play or give him a 2-4 game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post

Dump.

come up with something original yourself instead of copying others.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    or maybe take a flyer on DHB, whom will probably be cut next offseason.
    Yea okay, you can dream. What it says is Jets Fo don't believe in their WR corps for 2009. They are hoping for a miracle P Burress beats the gun rap. OR just trying to cover their butts that they didn't do enough this offseason to address this problem.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Yea okay, you can dream. What it says is Jets Fo don't believe in their WR corps for 2009. They are hoping for a miracle P Burress beats the gun rap. OR just trying to cover their butts that they didn't do enough this offseason to address this problem.
    i agreed with your first post here, but this just makes no sense. what what says? nothing says anything except slikmo's opinion...

Plax might get off and get 5 years probation, this has already been speculated, then it would be up to Goodell to let him play or give him a 2-4 game suspension.
    No thats not the case. Plaxico Burress wanted that when he was plea bargaining with the district attorney office. The Giants were hoping that would be the case and reason why they didn't initial cut him.

The plea bargain failed because the District attorney basically told him he would have to do at least a year in jail. Plaxico Burress wouldn't agree to that deal. Giants realizing he probably wouldn't be available till 2010 cut him.

New York gun law is that you get caught with an unlicensed gun you get a three year mandatory sentence.
    P Burress is too much a high profiled person not for the District attorney office , to really make an example out of. He would have to win a trial. I don't see how as he admitted the unregistered gun was his. Also A Pierce defintely will be the prosecution star witness. (save his own butt)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-27-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The DA thought he was cutting him a break by offering 13 months jail time before his atty asked for a new court date.

Where do you get probation only from?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The DA thought he was cutting him a break by offering 13 months jail time before his atty asked for a new court date.

Where do you get probation only from?
    I think at this point Plaxs team is hoping to get the cush Jamal Lewis type jail sentence where he doesnt have to serve until January or February and then is released the following August.

All League
    \o cvb,.
    "
    I agree and I am getting the same vibe. While the talk has been on again and off again about other receivers, the buzz about Plaxico becoming a Jet has not been loud, but it has been constant.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.