Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Chrebet's new career after football.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wayne Chrebet's new career after football.

NFL Veteran Joins Morgan Stanley
    By Helen Kearney
    May 27, 2009

Former New York Jets wide receiver Wayne Chrebet has joined Morgan Stanley’s office in Red Bank, N.J., as a financial advisor.

He joins a six-person team led by Ed Moldaver, who is a member of Morgan Stanley’s Chairman Club. Moldaver joined the firm last April from Bear Stearns, according to FINRA filings.

This is a big career change for Chrebet, 36, who played 11 seasons in the NFL. He holds an undergraduate degree in criminal justice from Hofstra University. Chrebet and Moldaver are both active in the local community through their charity work in low-income neighborhoods.

“We are extremely pleased that Wayne has joined Morgan Stanley, said Christopher Shaw, Morgan Stanley’s Red Bank complex manager. “Wayne is well known and respected in our local community and throughout the NFL, and is a valued addition to our team.”

Look down about 14 threads

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

He joins a six-person team led by Ed Moldaver, who is a member of Morgan Stanley’s Chairman Club. Moldaver joined the firm last April from Bear Stearns, according to FINRA filings.
    "While Ed will spend his days researching funds and calculating risk assessments for their portfolio package offerings, Wayne will sit in the lobby signing balls and handing out candies."

All Pro
    I love Chrebet a s a p[layer but having him making decisions with my money? UMMMMMMMMM No!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    "While Ed will spend his days researching funds and calculating risk assessments for their portfolio package offerings, Wayne will sit in the lobby signing balls and handing out candies."
    Oh a piece of candy!
    Oh a piece of candy!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Oh a piece of candy!
    Oh a piece of candy!
    LOL

(hehehehehe)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What if Stanley Morgan joined Morgan Stanley?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    What if Stanley Morgan joined Morgan Stanley?
    would only work if they brought Steve Grogan into the firm....

btw- whatever happened to Chrebet's restaurant???

All Pro
    somehow i doubt wayne is going to be doing cold calls

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I love Chrebet a s a p[layer but having him making decisions with my money? UMMMMMMMMM No!

What has he done to suggest he does not know how to advise people on money matters...have you every talked to him about the subject ?

All Pro
    What has he done to suggest he does not know how to advise people on money matters...have you every talked to him about the subject ?
    no, just a gut feeling. Feel free to give him all your money and let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    no, just a gut feeling. Feel free to give him all your money and let me know how it goes.
    Yeah, because Harvard graduates have been so successful the past 2 years

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    somehow i doubt wayne is going to be doing cold calls
    he does knocked out cold calls

Hall Of Fame
    I work for MS, it's weird seeing his name in the corporate directory.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

the irony is Richard Todd was a successful bond broker for Bear Sterns for years...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

How's that investment he made in that restaurant on Hempstead Turnpike doing?

Just sayin'.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    NFL Veteran Joins Morgan Stanley
    By Helen Kearney
    May 27, 2009

Former New York Jets wide receiver Wayne Chrebet has joined Morgan Stanley’s office in Red Bank, N.J., as a financial advisor.

This is a big career change for Chrebet, 36, who played 11 seasons in the NFL. He holds an undergraduate degree in criminal justice from Hofstra University. Chrebet and Moldaver are both active in the local community through their charity work in low-income neighborhoods.

“We are extremely pleased that Wayne has joined Morgan Stanley, said Christopher Shaw, Morgan Stanley’s Red Bank complex manager. “Wayne is well known and respected in our local community and throughout the NFL, and is a valued addition to our team.”

WOW!!!!!!!!

I used to work in that office when I "did time" at Morgan! Cant believe Shaw is the office manager!!!!!

Wayne is in good company.... one of the top brokers in the country, Ira Walker, is based out of the Red Bank office of Morgan Stanley, unless he left and I dont know it. Decent guys there, but I hope Wayne is prepared to hold his own. Those guys dont like to help new guys out unless there is something in it for them monetarily.

Wayne.... if you read this board... Lance Hubeny is a good guy and always full of decent advice. There is an old timer by the name of Marty (last name escapes me) who is prolly more filthy loaded than anyone there realizes, but he is the nicest most helpful guy in the building. Pete Raben is a decent guy as well.

Go to Mr Pizza Slice.... just be prepared for Steve the owner to rib you for being a Jet.

Charter JI Member

hopefully Lou Mannheim is around for sage advice

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This would have made an excellent reality TV show.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    would only work if they brought Steve Grogan into the firm....

btw- whatever happened to Chrebet's restaurant???

He changed the name to Bar Social some time last year. Does anyone know why?