Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico is sick

Plaxico is sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knfZTu8UokM

He has to draw most of the double teams so Cotch and Keller will be feasting. Come on Tanny make it happen already!

Veteran
    I agree, but there is nothing to get going until they find out if Flax is going to be a guest of the state for the next 3.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    I agree, but there is nothing to get going until they find out if Flax is going to be a guest of the state for the next 3.5 years

No way! I think he serves 2 to 3 months max starting next spring. He's playing this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    No way! I think he serves 2 to 3 months max starting next spring. He's playing this season.
    No, 2-3 weeks.

After he retires.

Make It Happen Tanny!!!!

Practice Squad
    SIGN THIS BEAST!

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. In NYC I have seen rapists get away with less then 3to5 years. I see a years probation and maybe 30 days in jail. This guy is not a serial killer! He might be immature or a bit wacky but 3 to 5 years for possession of a weapon w/o a carry permit? I don't think so. True that the mayor is looking to make an example out of him but we do have precedent and the rule of law.

All Pro
    Sign him for short money with long bullet-proof pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I agree. In NYC I have seen rapists get away with less then 3to5 years. I see a years probation and maybe 30 days in jail. This guy is not a serial killer! He might be immature or a bit wacky but 3 to 5 years for possession of a weapon w/o a carry permit? I don't think so. True that the mayor is looking to make an example out of him but we do have precedent and the rule of law.
    Dude Mike Vick just spent a year in jail and he was harming not a single person on this planet.

So carrying a LOADED gun around without any papers or anything like that is a BIG DEAL. What if that bullet hit one of your family members? Guess it wouldn't be a big deal right? Burress' career is over. He'll probably get 2-3 years and the NFL will suspend him as well for 1-2 years. It's over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZdY9rw-uo

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Dude Mike Vick just spent a year in jail and he was harming not a single person on this planet.

So carrying a LOADED gun around without any papers or anything like that is a BIG DEAL. What if that bullet hit one of your family members? Guess it wouldn't be a big deal right? Burress' career is over. He'll probably get 2-3 years and the NFL will suspend him as well for 1-2 years. It's over.

Noway, 2-3 months max.

With his pushed case being pushed to the fall there is little to no chance he will play this year. Even if they did this to give them more time for a plea deal the NFL will certainly impose sanctions as well. This is a big deal. Make no mistake. How many guys are in the slammer right now with added time for having a unregistered gun? Everyone of them will sue to get that time knocked off. The kicker is that they will use legal aid lawyers that cost NYC a fortune.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Legal aid lawyers cost the city nothing.

It's the trials that cost the city money.

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    With his pushed case being pushed to the fall there is little to no chance he will play this year. Even if they did this to give them more time for a plea deal the NFL will certainly impose sanctions as well. This is a big deal. Make no mistake. How many guys are in the slammer right now with added time for having a unregistered gun? Everyone of them will sue to get that time knocked off. The kicker is that they will use legal aid lawyers that cost NYC a fortune.

What are you talking about man? They'll push the trial for the fall with sentencing to begin in the spring, he'll get a 2 to 3 games suspension and play the rest of the season then he'll serve a couple of months in the spring and be over with it, I don't understand the fatalism here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post

they should be locking up all the corrupt politicians right now more than a football player that makes a stupid decision that only affects himself....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    they should be locking up all the corrupt politicians right now more than a football player that makes a stupid decision that only affects himself....
    Carrying around a gun without legal permission has the ability to affect much more than only himself. I thought we just needed to enforce the gun laws already on the books.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What are you talking about man? They'll push the trial for the fall with sentencing to begin in the spring, he'll get a 2 to 3 games suspension and play the rest of the season then he'll serve a couple of months in the spring and be over with it, I don't understand the fatalism here.
    You're living in a fantasy world if you believe it's already decided that he will get only a couple of months, that it will happen after the season ends and that he's getting less than a 4 game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're living in a fantasy world if you believe it's already decided that he will get only a couple of months, that it will happen after the season ends and that he's getting less than a 4 game suspension.

We'll find out Monday, but I bet you anything he gets off this season and then quietly serve some time in the spring, like Martha.

Hall Of Fame

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

\
    The guy was once licensed in Florida, if I remember correctly, and it expired. Is he a convicted felon? Is he a repeat offender? Did he exhibit a depraved indifference to others? Did he intentionally try to harm either himself or anyone else? Did he recklessly display the weapon and thus cause serious conditions to other people? None of us know the facts! But on the surface, should he be treated any differently, either way, then you or me? How many people accidentally discharge their weapons in their own homes? Can it happen? I am not making excuses for BURRESS. I merely am stating the facts as best I can. VICK got less then what he deserved , IMO. BURRESS was wrong to carry a weapon into a licensed premises with or without a concealed carry permit! Yet, 3 to 5 years is a bit much for a first time offender! I agree with SLIK: 2 to 3 months and a years probation and surrender of any and all weapons to the court. Yes PLAXICO is in the public spotlight and should exhibit better judgement and be a better role model! Still- 3 to 5 years???? No WAY- End of story!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 06-14-2009 at 09:00 AM.

We'll find out Monday, but I bet you anything he gets off this season and then quietly serve some time in the spring, like Martha.

Martha got 6 months for nothing. She didn't tell the trust to investigators. She did nothing else. Plus she got a LIFETIME suspension from her company. Removed as an officer forever.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Martha got 6 months for nothing. She didn't tell the trust to investigators. She did nothing else. Plus she got a LIFETIME suspension from her company. Removed as an officer forever.
    she lied on purpose to the investigators. Lying under an oath is a crime too! Neither should go unpunished! But we have to follow thw rule of law and for a first time offender re carrying a weapon w/o a permit , does not call for 3 to 5 years. If you want to compare crimes how about comparing Bill Clinton and Martha. Both lied under oath! What did each receive as a sentence?