Thread: Ron Moore and Kyle Brady for Rob Moore...

Ron Moore and Kyle Brady for Rob Moore...

anyone remember that brilliant exchange? We traded Rob who was probably our best player that year, I believe he had come off a pro bowl season for RB Ron Moore of Arizona and a first rounder. Now I'm not sure if we took Brady or Douglas with that pick, it might have been Douglas, but still it was a terrible trade and left the Jets toothless when it came to offense, that was the dawning of Wayne Chrebet.

I'll never forget one catch Rob Moore made against Miami in September 93, I had 45 yard line seat at Joe Robbie that day and the play was right in front of me, Moore must've gone up 50 inches on that play, wow what a leap and a catch!!! Our most talented receiver of all time pound for pound had to be Moore, the kid was amazing, I mean he had it all, the size, the speed, the vertical... hands were so so, but what a freak!

That offense led by Boomer in 93 was pretty explosive in the early going, I'm talking Moore, Mitchell, Johnny Johnson, Mathis... it looked like it was poised to break all the records that year and then that dreadful game against Philly and Eric Allen and the same old Jets took over.

Just a little reminiscing to kill time, anyone remember that game in early Sept 93? Anyone remember that opening game against Buffalo?

Veteran
    I remember liking Terence Mathis ALOT!!! and dummy Pete Carol cutting him away saying he was ordinary... then Mathis went ape **** in Atlanta... throwing down 1000+ seasons every year... man what a bad cut that was...

trivia question, who was that white RB we had in 93, the one that got hurt that year and never came back? That kid was a freaking load, I remember telling my brother we had a John Riggins clone, I think he played at Penn State, or maybe I'm confusing Penn State with Richie Anderson who played there, I'm drawing a real blank now and a buddy of mine who happens to be a bigger fan than me says I'm crazy and there was no such white RB, I bet my life there was.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    trivia question, who was that white RB we had in 93, the one that got hurt that year and never came back? That kid was a freaking load, I remember telling my brother we had a John Riggins clone, I think he played at Penn State, or maybe I'm confusing Penn State with Richie Anderson who played there, I'm drawing a real blank now and a buddy of mine who happens to be a bigger fan than me says I'm crazy and there was no such white RB, I bet my life there was.
    Pat Chaffey?

Hall Of Fame
    Pat Chaffey

Yup! Pat Chafey, that's the guy. He played at Oregon State and was drafted by Atlanta in 91 and came to the Jets in 92, was mostly used on short yardage situations but was a freaking bulldozer.

anyone remember that brilliant exchange? We traded Rob who was probably our best player that year, I believe he had come off a pro bowl season for RB Ron Moore of Arizona and a first rounder. Now I'm not sure if we took Brady or Douglas with that pick, it might have been Douglas, but still it was a terrible trade and left the Jets toothless when it came to offense, that was the dawning of Wayne Chrebet.

I'll never forget one catch Rob Moore made against Miami in September 93, I had 45 yard line seat at Joe Robbie that day and the play was right in front of me, Moore must've gone up 50 inches on that play, wow what a leap and a catch!!! Our most talented receiver of all time pound for pound had to be Moore, the kid was amazing, I mean he had it all, the size, the speed, the vertical... hands were so so, but what a freak!

That offense led by Boomer in 93 was pretty explosive in the early going, I'm talking Moore, Mitchell, Johnny Johnson, Mathis... it looked like it was poised to break all the records that year and then that dreadful game against Philly and Eric Allen and the same old Jets took over.

Just a little reminiscing to kill time, anyone remember that game in early Sept 93? Anyone remember that opening game against Buffalo?
    I remember it well It was Hugh Douglas. I was upset over that trade because Moore was a true #1 WR and it hurt the offense for years until Parcells came. It also confirmed my fears that Rich Kotite was the dumbest man in the NFL first dumping Moore then drafting Brady over Warren Sapp it doesnt get worst than that.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 06-14-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    I remember liking Terence Mathis ALOT!!! and dummy Pete Carol cutting him away saying he was ordinary... then Mathis went ape **** in Atlanta... throwing down 1000+ seasons every year... man what a bad cut that was...

Mathis made an over the shoulders catch that game that was a thing of beauty, if we had held on to him we would've had a tremendous weapon to pair with Chrebet later on, but what a dumb move that was letting him go. Just like letting go of James Hasty was dumb, there were so many blunders in the 90's that I can go on and on.

I remember that game against Miami like it happened yesterday, I think Boomer had to get an IV at half time because it was so freaking hot, an old lady in my section passed out from heat stroke and they had to take her on a stretcher then the guy sitting next to me passed out. I remember a heckler right behind me yelling, hurt em' Dan! the whole game and I just kept turning around and and mocking him right back whenever we made a play, I got hit with a plastic beer bottle but no one wanted to face up to it, typical coward dolfans, I remember the satisfaction of walking out of that joint with a huge smile on my face.

Banned
    I would put Rob Moore in my top 20 WR of all time.

Hall Of Fame
    That trade was idiotic, but even Moore's presence was indicative of the Jets near-misses personnel moves.

The Jets drafted Moore in the 1st round of the 1990 Supplemental Draft. That draft pick cost the Jets their 1991 1st rounder.

But it ultimately cost the Jets Brett Favre. If the Jets had had that 1991 1st rounder they would have used it on Favre because Ron Wolf thought Favre was the best player in the draft.

Instead, we know the story about Wolf trying to trade up from the 2nd round only to be block by the Falcons picking Brett.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That trade was idiotic, but even Moore's presence was indicative of the Jets near-misses personnel moves.

The Jets drafted Moore in the 1st round of the 1990 Supplemental Draft. That draft pick cost the Jets their 1991 1st rounder.

But it ultimately cost the Jets Brett Favre. If the Jets had had that 1991 1st rounder they would have used it on Favre because Ron Wolf thought Favre was the best player in the draft.

Instead, we know the story about Wolf trying to trade up from the 2nd round only to be block by the Falcons picking Brett.
    yup.

remember parcells traded hugh douglass for a 2nd rounder, pretty bad trade as well.

Veteran
    He was quick as $hit and a big loss for us!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    yup.

remember parcells traded hugh douglass for a 2nd rounder, pretty bad trade as well.
    Yup, Parcells does it everywhere he goes. Either the best defensive player ki$$e$ his a$$ or he gets rid of him.
    Love what Parcells started building here but he left the job undone!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He came from a run and gun college program and never did anything with the Jets. Went to Atlanta who put in a run and gun type offense and had 4 1000 yard seasons.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by steve mcqueen View Post
    Pat Chaffey?
    Yep, he got hurt at the end of the first half in a Sunday Night blowout of the Pats, it was a meaningless play running out the clock and after that moment he never played again.

His biggest claim to fame for the jets was atching the game clinching TD week 2 at Miami in 1993.

Banned
    Chansi Stuckey sort of reminds me of Mathis, I hope they don't make the same mistake and give up on him. Rob Moore is an example of why drafting WRs is risky, no one can honestly say his career matched what he did in college. At Syracuse he looked like a more athletic Jerry Rice, his pro career never matched that. When it later came out that the Jets lost out on Favre because of taking Rob Moore in the supplemental draft it took me years to think that was loss for the Jets because Moore was just so good in college.