Thread: Favre interview on Joe Buck show (HBO)

Favre interview on Joe Buck show (HBO)

He admitted that his injury toward the end of last season made him throw erratically and hurt the team.

Unfortunately, Buck didn't ask him why he didn't sit out rather than hurting the team.

Oh, and in case you're curious, he doesn't know yet if he's coming back to play with Minnesota.

Banned
    Favre already has the most consecutive starts by a QB, I think he needs two more games to get the all time record. The Jets should have known he was going to get that last record and done things accordingly. Meaning they should have traded him, even if just for a 7th rounder or they should have given him the ass kissing he requires so he would come back here for a second year.

And another thing, with the all time consecutive starts record in sight there was no way BF was going to admit to the Jets that he was injured and needed to be benched. And I'm not even sure he was injured, holding your elbow during games doesn't prove anything and he wasn't examined by team doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boru View Post
    Favre already has the most consecutive starts by a QB, I think he needs two more games to get the all time record. The Jets should have known he was going to get that last record and done things accordingly. Meaning they should have traded him, even if just for a 7th rounder or they should have given him the ass kissing he requires so he would come back here for a second year.

And another thing, with the all time consecutive starts record in sight there was no way BF was going to admit to the Jets that he was injured and needed to be benched. And I'm not even sure he was injured, holding your elbow during games doesn't prove anything and he wasn't examined by team doctors.
    He just had surgery two weeks ago... I doubt he did that just for fun.

Veteran

Why did he just have surgery then? For fun?

Hall Of Fame

Careful Ryan, your starting to sound like a PAT troll, You know, they think they know everything, sound like GM's in their post and then go back to selling neck ties and burgers.

All Pro

I don't really get this at all.

Even if Favre came back, he'd be less effective then last season. The Jets made the decision to go forward without him. Keeping him around just for the sake of it, isnt worthwhile, it's petty. The only team that still has interest in him are the Vikings, and the Jets could not trade him there, because they would have lost 3 1st round picks, in order to gain a 7th round pick.

While holding his arm does not imply injury, certainly the willingness to get surgery does, which he did two weeks ago.

The Jets made the right decision to trim him early and move on with the offseason. If they kept him, this soap opera would still be going on in New York, and the Jets would be stuck trying to figure out whether he really wants to come back or not.

It's not worth the hassle

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

Even if Favre came back, he'd be less effective then last season. The Jets made the decision to go forward without him. Keeping him around just for the sake of it, isnt worthwhile, it's petty. The only team that still has interest in him are the Vikings, and the Jets could not trade him there, because they would have lost 3 1st round picks, in order to gain a 7th round pick.

While holding his arm does not imply injury, certainly the willingness to get surgery does, which he did two weeks ago.

The Jets made the right decision to trim him early and move on with the offseason. If they kept him, this soap opera would still be going on in New York, and the Jets would be stuck trying to figure out whether he really wants to come back or not.

The Jets need to move on and I'm glad they did early in the offseason, once Mangini was fired I think it was the right move to move on, with or without Favre "retiring" plus he had a pretty big cap number that would have prevented us from getting some of the key free agents we signed early in the offseason

Veteran

+1
    Trade him for a 7th rounder or kiss his ass and bring him back for another 12 mil year so he can sht the bed again?

Makes no sense.

All League
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    cant he just go away and farm somewhere in mississippi.. that isnt too much to ask for... i have never seen a man that is more of a drama queen than favre. just go away and stay away please.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Who Cares?!

Hall Of Fame
    In order for the Jets to trade Favre, they would have needed to put him back on the active roster. In order to put him back on the active roster, they would have needed to clear enough cap space to be able to fit Favre's massive contract under the salary cap, meaning more cuts. Now I don't know about you, but it's not worth it to make significant cuts to this roster just to trade Favre for a 7th rounder.

Plus, the Jets COULD NOT trade Favre to Minnesota, the one team he wants to play for, because of the Poison Pill the Packers put into the trade last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerricho89 View Post
    Unfortunately, Buck didn't ask him why he didn't sit out rather than hurting the team.
    Because Coaches make that decision. Ask Mangini.

All Pro
    I knew it! I just knew it! That selfish bastard Favre! Threw away our season just to pad his stats!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Why did he just have surgery then? For fun?
    To continue the charade.

Banned

He would not have been less effective because he would know the offense better.

All Pro
    He would not have been less effective because he would know the offense better.
    But he would be a year older (which makes a difference at 39) and coming off surgery. Also, the Jets tailored their offense for Favre, not the other way around.

Banned
    Favre is going to be the Vikings' starting QB next season. Question is will the arm hold up? The Vikes' playbook is very similar to what he had in GB forever so he'll have that advantage but if his arm's shot fuggedaboutit.

Vikings have the best D-line in football, an elite O-line and arguably the best running back. All they need is a halfway competent QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    I knew it! I just knew it! That selfish bastard Favre! Threw away our season just to pad his stats!
    Not another Cumar...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Not another Cumar...
    Curtis Martin held us hostage for longer.

Veteran
    the vikings have the easiest schedule in the NFL and play inside a dome i actually think favre would be very effecitve... also he seems alot more motivated to play for the vikes than he did for us.... and will probrably spend the entire preseason with them in a offense that hes much more familiar with and players hes more comfortable with