Thread: brandon marshall to the browns?

Veteran

brandon marshall to the browns?

The rumor mill continues to churn regarding potential destinations for Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall.

Last night, we heard that the Ravens might be interested. Tonight, we’re hearing rumblings of Brandon possibly being traded to the Browns.

The package would include, per the rumor, Browns kick returner/receiver Josh Cribbs and one or more draft picks.

Such a move also would likely put Braylon Edwards in play for a trade elsewhere.

Maybe, in the end, to Baltimore?

per proffootballtalk.com

that would mean they are willing to part with edwards for jones perhaps

Banned
    Baltimore seems like a more logical fit. Mangini would be terrified for a free spirit like Marshall.

At least in Baltimore he'd have to watch his behavoir or Ray Lewis might kill him and get away with it.

Veteran

as long as this whole process leaves us with Braylon or Marshall and to a lesser degree Plax, I am content. Just plz save me from Stuckey as our #2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post

as long as this whole process leaves us with Braylon or Marshall and to a lesser degree Plax, I am content. Just plz save me from Stuckey as our #2
    Stuckey would be the #3.

Why do people forget Keller? Because he's listed as a TE?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    Stuckey would be the #3.

When we lineup on offense Mr Keller will be lined along side one of our tackles and there will be a split end and flanker lined on the outside not named Keller

Banned
    When we lineup on offense Mr Keller will be lined along side one of our tackles and there will be a split end and flanker lined on the outside not named Keller
    In one of the many packages...yea.

Either way, it still leaves Stuckey as the 3rd best receiving option on the roster. Arguably the 4th when Leon is on the field.

Veteran
    Chica we are in desperate need of a WR let alone a absolute stud

Banned
    Chica we are in desperate need of a WR let alone a absolute stud
    If I agree with the idea that we're desperate, I wouldn't have replied to you the first time.

I would love Edwards, Boldin, Marshall, or even Plax...I just don't see the absolute need for one.

The way I see it, we wouldn't be the first team this decade to try an offense with a very good WR (Cotchery), a very good receiving TE (Keller), and a bunch of question marks...and one of our question marks has shown himself to be quite good when he's been healthy.

Considering our running game, I'm fairly comfortable with our WR corps as is. Would it be nice to have a big time WR? Hell yea. Do I think we can survive and be a productive offense without one? Hell yea.

Veteran
    If I agree with the idea that we're desperate, I wouldn't have replied to you the first time.

I would love Edwards, Boldin, Marshall, or even Plax...I just don't see the absolute need for one.

The way I see it, we wouldn't be the first team this decade to try an offense with a very good WR (Cotchery), a very good receiving TE (Keller), and a bunch of question marks...and one of our question marks has shown himself to be quite good when he's been healthy.

Considering our running game, I'm fairly comfortable with our WR corps as is. Would it be nice to have a big time WR? Hell yea. Do I think we can survive and be a productive offense without one? Hell yea.
    I love Keller and think he will eventually evolve into a #2 or #3 option on a consistently good offense. However I feel like we are being foolish going into the year with Cotch, Stuckey and Clowney/B. Smith as our WR trio w/ Keller. We dont have an absolute need for a true stud I agree, however to possibly have a 25 year old Marshall plus a potential stud young QB is too orgasmic to pass up. Mike T has been all about getting great talent as long as the price is affordable. Right now is the most opportune time if ever to get a true #1 WR in the last 10 years. Think of the abundance of 1's available in some fashion. I dont want to miss out on the curve

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Stuckey would be the #3.

Because he's a TE and not a WR, which makes it hard to he the #2 whatever WR?

All Pro
    I definitely agree that we need a true #1 WR threat to compete. We maybe able to get it done with our current crop of WR's but I still think we our a WR away from having a complete offense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    A TE that can get open is a young QB's best friend. He's going to get a lot of passes thrown his way regardless of which QB starts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Why would Mangini trade a guy that has the ability to comeback and hurt him within his division?

Rookie

Red face

Baltimore seems like a more logical fit. Mangini would be terrified for a free spirit like Marshall.

At least in Baltimore he'd have to watch his behavoir or Ray Lewis might kill him and get away with it.
    Do you really not want Jones here? Think about all game long giving the ball to Jones and Washington, then in the 4th qtr when the d is gassed you bring in a guy like Green which in that case nobody will want to tackle. Its a three headed monster and personally I would rather keep Jones then p/u a WR for him.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Why would Mangini trade a guy that has the ability to comeback and hurt him within his division?

Pennyboy was able to carve up Manginas defense the last game of the season

All League
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3157744]Baltimore seems like a more logical fit. Mangini would be terrified for a free spirit like Marshall.

At least in Baltimore he'd have to watch his behavoir or Ray Lewis might kill him and get away with it.[/QUOTE]
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King Chrebet View Post
    Do you really not want Jones here? Think about all game long giving the ball to Jones and Washington, then in the 4th qtr when the d is gassed you bring in a guy like Green which in that case nobody will want to tackle. Its a three headed monster and personally I would rather keep Jones then p/u a WR for him.

Where's Jones even mentioned?

Really? Antonio Gates spent the better part of the decade as the Chargers #1 WR. Only when Chambers came in and Jackson blew up did they even have what people would call a legit WR corps...and Jackson just blew up last year.

KW2 was the Browns #2 WR in 2007.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 06-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by King Chrebet View Post
    For what one year? Jones is basically gone after this season

Veteran
    If the Jets can get Braylon for TJ and a mid round pick the pull the trigger. We're only goin to have Jones for another season, why not send him out now and pick up a stud WR in the process

All Pro
    I don't think Mangini would trade for Marshall, the guy has some character issues and definitely isn't a Mangini guy.