Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 under 30 QBs

Banned

Top 10 under 30 QBs

10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctvPzDMfp0

Cassel might be a one year wonder to some, but I'm not so sure. He's nothing special physically, but he's a smart QB who's had elite coaching over the past 7 or 8 years. I actually like him quite a bit when I think about it...which only happened now when I made this list.

9:

Schaub can't seem to buy his own health, but when he's healthy he's a high percentage passer who knows how and who to get the ball to (Andre Johnson lol).

8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGGGOdQh-o

While he may not seem as smart as his brother, Eli is just as tough and might be the more physically gifted of the two. I loved when he came back in a game after separating his shoulder, and I'm pretty sure they won that day two. He's pretty good at the 4th quarter comeback thing, and he's cutting down on his overall turnover numbers.

7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYx5KoFuFio

Some of the luster has come off of Tony Romo, but he still gets hot blondes ( @ Underwood) and throws TD's. Says alot about the QB talent in the league that these guys are 10 and 9.

6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxqp37AVy8

Matty Ice is a smooth mofo. Known for not knowing wtf pressure means, he mastered the Falcons offense quickly and should only get better with Gonzalez, White, Turner, and Norwood to throw to.

5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLqsvgNSqqo

Aaron Rodgers did not get any love from the media because he replaced their boy, but he's one of the most competent

4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL6E83FPWqY

Cutler is arguably the most physically gifted of the QBs on this list. Did not gain many fans outside of Chi-town this offseason, but I'm not sure he cares.

3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xly7-B-omCw

Rivers is one of my favorite players in this league, period. He's an awesome on field leader and has been since his college days. He's a BA who doesn't knee sprains and whatever else stop him from playing in the playoffs. He's accurate, has an excellent feel in the pocket, and despite a lack of arm strength can make all the throws.

2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjWbTRc_VA

The forgotten top QB. Injuries have really hurt his career, but a healthy Palmer is an elite QB.

1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eiEMt136Mo

I think he's overrated, but it's kind of hard to knock a guy who's won 2 Super Bowls before he turned 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    too much to quote
    Excellent list. My top 5 is exactly the same as yours. I think by this time next year, Aaron Rogers will have leap frogged to the #2 spot.

Banned
    i would put Jamarcus Russell on that list also, he's going to be special when it's all said and done. (He's in Oakland people).

Veteran
    I still have to read your post, but I agree with the guy in the other thread, you should start a blog and I nominate the name "The Chica Me Tipo Papers"

Veteran
    Great list. I played highschool ball with a kid who was one of Ryan's main recevers in BC...Ryan's really gifted

All Pro
    Eli has to be #2. He has a ring.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    i would put Jamarcus Russell on that list also, he's going to be special when it's all said and done. (He's in Oakland people).
    No.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I understand where your coming from, but I have to agree to disagree because football is a team game and the last time I checked, I could name about 20 QB's with more overall talent than Trent Dilfer during the year they won the SB...I believe it was in 2000 but I'm not 100% sure.

Big Ben
    Philip Rivers
    Eli Manning
    Matt Ryan
    Carson Palmer
    Jay Cutler
    Tony Romo
    Aaron Rogers
    Jamarcus Russell

Would be my top 10. I feel Matt Ryan could turn out to be one of the best on that list, other than Big Ben

All League
    I actually kinds agree...

If Ben is #1, Eli shouldn't be #8.. They are essentially the same QB... Meh numbers, excellent in the 4th, rings to show...

As far as my list taking into consideration talent and future potential as well as now. Mind you, I'm talking strictly as players (ie I don't take TEAM accomplishments and weigh them too much)

1. Phillip Rivers
    2. Carson Palmer
    3. Jay Cutler
    4. Tony Romo
    5. Ben Roethlisberger
    6. Matt Ryan
    7. Aaron Rodgers
    8. Eli Manning
    9. Joe Flacco
    10. Matt Schaub

Gave me a nice little idea for a blog entry...Good stuff again CMT

All League
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    i liked it better when you all talked trash about my qb... lol

when are you men going to listen a woman.. i told you that ben was a great qb.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post

There are 3 great QBs in the NFL, and none of them have the name 'Ben'

Things have not worked as well as one would have hoped thus far, but how can you not have Carson Palmer on this list? Id also consider Trent Edwards to sneak into the top 10.

Edit I just looked again and there he was. I thought that line about the forgotten one was about Phillip Rivers...Much better!
    Last edited by Jason423; 06-18-2009 at 04:21 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    Things have not worked as well as one would have hoped thus far, but how can you not have Carson Palmer on this list? Id also consider Trent Edwards to sneak into the top 10.
    Dunno if you are talking to the originator of the thread, but Palmer was #2 on his list.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    ummmm. He's #2.

Hall Of Fame
    No, the ring doesn't make him No. 2. Big Ben and Rivers are hands down better QBs.

And also, DWC, come on. No way in hell can Russell be on the list. The List is about good QBs RIGHT NOW who are under 30.

Russell, right now,is not good. He may be better in the future (doubt it unless his work ethic improves), but the list is about the present.

Banned
    The only reason I have Ben at #1 is because my vagina showed up again. I think Rivers, Cutler, Rodgers, Romo, and Palmer are better pure QBs, and now I'm a little mad my rankings don't reflect that.

Roethlisberger is part of the Steelers QB effect...and it's why I don't like Terry Bradshaw being called an All Time great. The Steelers basically build a dominant running game, a dominant D, get a couple sure handed WRs and tell their QB "don't f*ck it up." Ben is a playmaker, but he's also a drive killer with the amount of sacks he takes in trying to making a play. He also escapes a ton of sacks too, but whatever bro.

Flacco needs another year before I rank him. I love that they're aggressive with his playcalls, but iunno I just haven't hopped on the wagon yet.

I like your list better than mine NYJets, though I like Rodgers better than Romo and they play the same way. Difference in their games is that Rodgers has balls and Romo has a vagina...and still somehow gets Simpson and Underwood.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 06-18-2009 at 05:51 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I was with you until the "He's in Oakland people" part.

But seriously. Jamarcus Russell?

Potential doesn't land someone in a Top 10 list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post

I only listen to a woman when she's naked.

Did I say that out loud?

Banned
    I actually considered Russell. He's heavily underrated and catches a ton of crap for being a Raider, and I like his future potential.

That said, I can't put him on there just yet. I can say I like him better than Flacco, but Flacco happens to be with a franchise that has their sh*t together. Ozzie N. FTW.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Rivers #1