Thread: Throwback Jersey games?

Practice Squad

Throwback Jersey games?

Just got a new NFL catalouge(sp) in the mail and in it, it has a schedule that highlights all of the old AFL matchups from this season. And it explains that the Jets will be playing as the Titans of New York. Week 3, 7 and 8 could possibly be "Titans" games complete with the old unis. Can anyone clarify this or tell me if we will be wearing those unis three times this year?

All Pro
    i hate those uni's and the thought behind it...

All Pro
    Come on. We wore those damm jersey longer then the Titans have played. Ridiculous.

All Pro
    I think they are wearing it against the Titans, Raiders, and Dolphins.

And in 2 of those games, I think they will wear the white version of the throwback. I might be wrong.

All League
    the Titans uni thing is getting a little tired. This is the 3rd year in a row they're breaking them out.
    Maybe they should wear the 70s-1997 version of the uniform once

Practice Squad
    The Raiders game is an away game so the white would make sense, but the other two are home games so I can only assume that they will be the blue version. And by the way I can't stand these jerseys I know its all about celebrating the past and the history of the game but didn't we do that last year a few times?

All Pro
    The good news is that, in conjunction with the AFL 50th Anniversary Season theme ahead, the Jets will wear their throwback unis in three games, not two.

The even better news is that in two of those three games, the uniforms will be a new color scheme: Titans white road jerseys with navy letters and numbers and navy and gold striping to go along with the gold pants from the past two seasons.

The only time the Jets will wear their navy jerseys will be Game 3 at the Meadowlands vs. the Tennessee Titans. We hear the Titans will be going with the powder-blue uniforms of their Houston Oilers ancestors, so that game will really capture the 50th Anniversary theme: (New York) Titans vs. (Houston) Oilers.

Then the white jerseys, never before worn by the Jets, will be unveiled in back-to-back games, also against AFL opponents from the Sixties. On Oct. 26 the Jets will wear the white and gold at Oakland against the Raiders. The next week, they'll stay in the white jerseys to play the Miami Dolphins at the Meadowlands.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...n-the-schedule

Hall Of Fame
    instead of using those uglier than sin "throwbacks" the Jets should call them "throw-ups" and throw them out

Practice Squad
    Thanks for confirming the news. I guess I will just have to get over it for three games. My wife will get mad at me because I will complain alot but its not the first time she's gotten mad at me and it wont be the last. Thanks again.

Hall Of Fame
    I love the unis

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I love the unis
    + 1

Me, you, and....uh...I think we're the only two

I'd limit them to once a season though
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 08-24-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...n-the-schedule

The good news is that, in conjunction with the AFL 50th Anniversary Season theme ahead, the Jets will wear their throwback unis in three games, not two.

The even better news is that in two of those three games, the uniforms will be a new color scheme: Titans white road jerseys with navy letters and numbers and navy and gold striping to go along with the gold pants from the past two seasons.
    LOL at Randy Lange shilling for his bosses.

Those uniforms suck, he knows they suck, yet there is "good news" and "even better news".

Jets are GREEN and WHITE. The latest iteration brought back by Parcells are classic. Even WITH the pickle pants.

I just hope Woody sells enough jerseys this year that maybe next year he'll pick another alternative--at least the jerseys of the late 70s early 80s are green.

Hate those Titan uniforms.

There is no excuse for the Jets not wearing Green and White in any combination against the Raiders.

That's just effin stupid. There is not one real classic game between these two franchises where the Jets wore Blue and Gold.

Sometimes I wonder if the marketing guys even understand football and marketing.

I get the Oiler game...fine...but the classic Jet/Raider and Jet/Dolphin games should have the Kelly Green Joe Willie Jerseys period.

We should barrage the moronic NFL with emails!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    + 1

Me, you, and....uh...I think we're the only two

I'd limit them to once a season though
    I also enjoy them even when they first broke them out I was like those Jerseys are sweet. Even use the NY Titans hat I got at the draft Daily